Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,101 to 5,120 of 7,479

nessisonett

@Ralizah Wow, I played the Investigations 2 patch years and years ago. I honestly thought you would have got round to it at some point. In other news, the Geofront patch for Ao no Kiseki has now passed its final editing phase so now they’re just patching in chest messages and it’ll be released. It’ll be a real shame if the Crossbell games get an official translation after all these years because these people work for basically zero money just to help others play games.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I enjoy Capcom's jokey localizations. It's hard to imagine fan translations capturing that same spirit well. Also, I don't own a DS Lite any more, and I don't really like playing portable games on the TV/computer monitor. It's why I never bothered buying the GBA games that released on Wii U.

I have to imagine anyone dedicated enough to translate a game that carefully would still be thrilled to see them officially localized and released overseas. Besides, it's the risk you take if you fan translate modern stuff. The people who translated games like Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis probably aren't concerned about their translations being replaced any time soon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Since my copy of SM3DW+BF isn't arriving until after the weekend I've jumped back into Animal Crossing. Catching a Dung Beetle has to be the hardest thing I've done in the game. It seems like I was either too close & it flew away (one time it didn't fly away, but I was close enough that the net overshot the beetle & hit the top of the snowball it was pushing), or I was too far away to catch it. Finally got one though & donated it to the museum.

It's been months since I've last played it, and I really enjoy the addition of being able to swim & dive to get sea creatures (plus, catching a bunch for the purpose of selling them to grind money won't cause any of your tools to break, unlike fishing or catching bugs). I like the addition of purchasing art as well (shows to go how long it's been since I've played it), though I wish Redd's boat was a permanent fixture like the other shops (where they just have new items every day), as I've been back at it for nearly a week & he's only shown up once.

My very first villager (a green robotic duck) left (with my permission), and a purple electric squirrel has moved in, and I like him quite a bit more.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

My copy of SM3DW+BF arrived today! Starting with 3D World as I never had a Wii U.

Played through the first world (all stamps, green stars, and flagpoles completed so far), and it's been such a charming experience thus far. Cat Mario is the cutest thing ever (love how he trots around on all fours, with his tail up in the air), and I liked the car in the first Bowser fight (looked like something out of an old cartoon).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

I ordered 3D World as I got it for only £40 and really lack a game I can play with 3 players. It didn’t click at all on the Wii U for me so we’ll see how it goes this time.

RogerRoger

@RR529 Just going back to congratulate you on catching that beetle, in Animal Crossing. They can be an absolute pain! Also agree with you regarding Redd; maybe not a permanent feature, but his boat should be far more frequent than it is, for sure. Especially since some of the forgeries are insanely difficult to spot, even for somebody familiar with the original piece. It always stings when Blathers rejects your purchase, but I suppose it prevents players from quickly making the museum redundant.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

I'm giving very serious thought to picking up 3D World+. Ordinarily, I'd probably wait for my birthday, but I LOVE 3D World. I really love it. And it'll be even better now I can play it with a proper controller.

Other than that my Switch has laid dormant since I beat Xenoblade Chronicles DE.

johncalmc

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm going to pick up 3D World eventually since I missed out on the original game as a result of not owning a Wii U, but it probably won't be for a while as I'm still PS5 hunting and I'm starting Persona 5 Strikers on Friday as a result of preordering the Digital Deluxe Edition on PC

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ralizah

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 50 minutes long.

Finally. I was wondering if they'd ditched the longer format ones permanently.

mookysam

@Ralizah Ooh, it's been a very long time indeed. I wonder if there'll be any Zelda or Metroid announcements given it's the 35th anniversary of both this year. Or maybe they'll troll everyone and unveil a new version of Super Mario 3D All Stars that includes Galaxy 2 - but we'll have to buy the whole thing again at full price. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam I'm really expecting SMG2 to get a $30 eshop-exclusive release after the 3D All-Stars collection has been delisted. Meanwhile, I expect those games to go up for sale for a similar price on the eshop individually.

For Zelda, ports of the Wii U remasters wouldn't surprise me. I'm not expecting BotW2 this year, but we'll see.

There have been rumors about a new 2D Metroid for a while, but Nintendo fans spread rumors about literally everything, and often can't distinguish rumors from reality (which is what caused the online meltdown about P5S not being a port of Persona 5, lol).

Honestly, I'm expecting mostly info about third-party releases. Lots of exclusives releasing for the system this year. Really hoping Gnosia is shadowdropped during the presentation.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

Zero expectations. Pikmin 4, that's all.

Octane

Kidfried

Don't really care for Prime 4 or Pikmin 4, and that's coming from someone who loves both series.

Truth is that I hardly ever connect my Switch to the telly anymore, so I'm more interested in the smaller scope games that I can enjoy from my bed. Stuff like Tropical Freeze, which I'm enjoying a lot right now, is the type of experience I long for the most.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Also, I'd be all over a Mario Kart or that rumored Star Fox racer.

Oh, and I definitely expect the Direct to disappoint. My expectations for the Switch generation are just really low anyway.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

2021 has the potential to overtake 2017 as my favorite year for any platform ever if stuff doesn't get delayed. Third parties are coming through for Switch owners in a big way this year.

At this point, I'll take first-party stuff from Nintendo when they release it, but they could take the rest of the generation off, and I'd probably be good.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

I'm still waiting for some good Switch titles that aren't Wii U ports, and weren't rushed out in 2017

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

Nintendo is about to tell everyone to play a real Shin Megami Tensei game on stream and then dip

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

RR529

Some Guesses on my part.

• new No More Heroes III release date
  • Monster Hunter in Smash
  • Mario Golf reveal for June-ish release
  • something Kirby
  • Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD twin pack
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy, new trailers for MonHun Rise, & MonHun Stories 2
  • ends with new BotW 2 teaser

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

Persona 5 the Curryathon coming to Switch this year.

Kidfried

If anything Mother happens, that'll change the way I think about Nintendo. Heck, it might even change the way how I think about gaming in general. It won't, I know.

RR529 wrote:

• new No More Heroes III release date

A part of me is hyped for this one, a part of me thinks there is no way this will be good.

RR529 wrote:

• Monster Hunter in Smash
    • Mario Golf reveal for June-ish release
    • something Kirby
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy, new trailers for MonHun Rise, & MonHun Stories 2
    • ends with new BotW 2 teaser

Not for me.

RR529 wrote:

• Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD twin pack

This could be quite big for me. Those are two games I'm actually interested in replaying. It's been a long time for both; probably about ten years!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic