Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 7,480

Ralizah

Man, the hours before a Nintendo Direct are the worst. It's kinda like being a kid the night before Christmas: the anticipation, the fear, the excitement. But, more than anything, the anticipation. The next few hours are going to by at a crawl.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Don't forget the inevitable disappointment when you don't get exactly what you wanted

Instead swap Christmas sweaters with some licensed sports game on Switch

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm not worried. Indie World Showcases might be State of Play-tier presentations in terms of their ability to disappoint, but I've NEVER come away from a general direct thinking: "This sucks."

There's a ton of stuff I'm looking forward to on Switch. They'd have to actively be trolling not to put on at least a decent show.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, I’m trying to get all my work done in time for it starting except it’s on at 10PM over here annoyingly. Had a whole day full of awkward Zoom calls and wrapping my head around AI so I’m definitely ready for the Direct 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

OK, I admit it. That sucked. Sucked hard. That was the worst general Direct I've ever seen. One or two cool surprises, but mostly just pure, time-filling garbage.

Stick to twitter announcements, Nintendo. You clearly can't do good Directs anymore.

Octane

What a disappointment.

Splatoon 3, cool. But that's 2022.

The rest felt like the Switch catching up with the last decade or so. No Zelda either, I guess they took a whole year off.

Octane

nessisonett

I was not blown away. Mario Golf, the Octopath FFT-like game and World’s End Club were nice surprises. I like Skyward Sword and I’m really glad they’ve kept the motion controls but it’s another game that I already own. So many of those games were ports or remasters which is great if your only console ever is a Switch but I just kinda want new first-party games. Splatoon 3 isn’t really my style but I appreciate that it will be enough for some people. No news about Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Shin Megami Tensei 5 or Metroid Prime 4 is really disappointing.

belmont

Oh my God the direct sucked. It was a dissapoinment. Some Square games and nothing more.

belmont

nessisonett

@belmont You mean you weren’t a fan of EA’s faux-Raid Shadow Legends level of advertising?

Ralizah

So, once I'm in a better mood, I'll go back and look at the trailers for that Octopath strategy game with the stupid name again. And the Famicom Detective Club games look pretty neat. But I'm just kinda annoyed right now.

And Skyward Sword was a stupid game to port. Who wants to swing a sword with an analog stick?

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I didn’t expect FDC and it was less a good surprise and more of a ‘holy moly this is tropey af and I’m not really sure why they’re localising this and not the million other games without translations’

Ralizah

@nessisonett Oh? I know very little about them, but they look like fun mystery/horror VNs, and the presentation was pretty damn good for the genre.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I mean... the stories were basically like ‘there’s been a murder plus supernatural stuff plus YOU HAVE AMNESIA?!?!?!’. The presentation is pretty nice though.

nessisonett

@Octane Just like how every Sony exclusive either has a brooding protag with a tragic backstory or a wisecracking *****. You have to trudge through the tropey rubbish to find the more interesting and original stuff just like every other genre.

Ralizah

I'm downloading that Triangle game now. It looks decent, even though I'm not a huge FF Tactics fan.

Is the Octopath team dedicated to coming up with the stupidest possible name for every game they develop, though? "Triangle Strategy." Ugh. Might as well call Uncharted "Climb Talkey" or something.

@nessisonett Eh. Everything is tropey when you analyze it deeply enough. Being tropey isn't a bad thing. It's more how effectively those elements are utilized.

Edited on by Ralizah

belmont

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD and Mario Golf are up. 60 euros each. Legend of Mana is 30 euros.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic