Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,061 to 5,080 of 7,479

Ralizah

Oh man, the wall running and verticality in general are insanely fun. It's really cool climbing up some tall cliff and finding those bugs that increase your health.

The general stability of gameplay is also impressive. I recall World on PS4 was almost constantly sub-30fps based on performance tests, but this game seems like it's almost locked at 30fps. Also way smoother than MH4U on 3DS.

I also really like the balance of scope. The environment isn't ginormous like the World demo, but it's still big and interconnected. Essentially one of the 3DS maps without the loading screens, and significantly prettier on a visual level. The wall climbing and wire bugs insure that there are a ton of shortcuts and exploration to be had as well.

THIS is the MH game I've been wanting for years. Thank you, Capcom!

@nessisonett The eshop was put into maintenance mode an hour or so after the demo went live.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oh, I seem to have been lucky then.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

The Switch outselling the 3DS in less than 5 years is hella impressive

It can honestly probably break the 100 million worldwide mark by the end of its lifecycle if this momentum is kept up

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ralizah

Breaking 100 million is on the low end of expectations at this point. It'll absolutely outsell the Wii. Probably the PS4 as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

I think that's actually pretty reasonable of a prediction

Hell it might even have a shot at breaking at the very least the DS' numbers if not completely surpassing the PS2

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

RR529

Any advice for levelling up post Mechonis in Xenoblade Chronicles: DE?

I'm currently level 77 (which seems to be just right, if not a little high, for where I'm at in the main story), but a new quests popped up in Colony 9, Colony 6, & Frontier Village that are sending me to areas with enemies in the high 80's-90's, and I'm wondering if there are any quests closer to my level to sort of bridge the gap, outside of going to the next story area (which I'm not sure I'll be able to return from if I go).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

Booted up my Switch again, but the drift is getting worse. How do people deal with this? There's so little talk about it online. A system-wide problem, four years in, and Nintendo is still selling broken Joy-Con. Absolutely disgraceful. Does everyone just ''accept'' it and move on?

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I bought sticks and replaced the left one manually. I do kinda find that sorta work fun though, as disgraceful as the situation is. I need to do my right one soon as the drift is getting worse. The build quality puts Tiger Electronics to shame.

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

Booted up my Switch again, but the drift is getting worse. How do people deal with this? There's so little talk about it online. A system-wide problem, four years in, and Nintendo is still selling broken Joy-Con. Absolutely disgraceful. Does everyone just ''accept'' it and move on?

There are some video game repair shop in my hometown which can fix the drift of Joy Cons.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@WanderingBullet
"Don't like the idea of owning multiple consoles"

I have 14 different video games.
GBA, NDS, 3DS, Switch, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U.
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP.
XBOX, XBOX 360.

Anti-Matter

RR529

@Octane, it was a bit disappointing when my Joy-Con developed drift, but I just bought a 3rd party controller & haven't had any issues since (I play mostly on TV).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

@Anti-Matter Haha, what I meant was I tend to only buy one console from that particular generation.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

nessisonett

I played the first 5 Link’s Awakening dungeons. It’s really quite good even if the stuttering does my head in. I love that it embraces the weirdness and keeps a lot of the old-timey translation work. I’m really not a 2D Zelda fan but this one is actually keeping my interest which ALTTP and ALBW really didn’t.

nessisonett

Replaced my right Joy-Con stick and seem to have shocked myself in the process. Probably because I was being an idiot but my right arm has gone a bit numb and my jaw is tingly. At least the drift is fixed 😂

mookysam

@nessisonett Something about the Switch remake felt off, but I could never put my finger on it. I love the DX version, so it's odd that I didn't like it as much. ALBW is God tier. 😲 What didn't you like about it? And eek, how did you manage to shock yourself on the joy-con?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam I just don’t like 2D Zelda games that much as I feel it’s hard to get engrossed in them. There’s something about the perspective that means I feel a bit disconnected from the gameplay. The Link’s Awakening remake is so cute that it sucks me in though plus I love the sheer unadulterated weirdness of everything. It helps that it uses a 2.5D perspective most of the time. A Link Between Worlds didn’t really interest me, like it felt as if I beat the first few dungeons on autopilot and realised that I just wasn’t having fun.

I think what happened with the Joy-Con was either when I was struggling to feed the ribbon cable connector into its slot on the motherboard or reattaching the battery. Whatever I did was very wrong though as it really stung, which is worrying coming from a battery powered device 😅

mookysam

@nessisonett Ah, fair enough. While I like most of the 2D Zelda games I generally prefer the 3D ones, which have a very different feel to them. Ocarina was my first Zelda and absolutely blew me away. I love the weirdness and little idiosyncrasies in Link's Awakening such as the goombas, and despite the performance issues everything looks lovely. That weirdness carried over to Majora's Mask, perhaps because of Koizumi's involvement.

Yeah, it is a little worrying that you got a shock from such a small battery! I your arm back to normal? I'm one of those people who seems to attract static shocks from almost everything, so I think I'd be a bit apprehensive attempting it myself! Aside from no drift, how is the analogue stick compared to the original? The crappy little joy cons have recently become the bane of my existence.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam Yeahhh, my arm is fine now but I’m also one of those people who strangely attracts electricity and can get a shock off the most mundane items!

The stick is a little stiff as of now but the left one loosened up after a bit of use so it should be fine! Fiddly work but well worth it considering how much a new pair go for.

RR529

@nessisonett, I loved the Link's Awakening remake! I first played the GBC version via 3DS VC, and while I liked it's quirky nature it never really stood out as one of my favorite Zelda's (2D or otherwise), however the remake brought it all to life in a way that really resonated with me.

Yeah, the slowdown is a bit odd (though it only really bothered me in the swamp), but it's otherwise a gorgeous game (I particularly liked the watery areas), and I actually quite appreciated it's shorter (by today's standards) runtime. Every time I picked it up I felt like I was off to something new, and it's just the kind of game that leaves you with a smile from beginning to end.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Just cleared the main story in Xenoblade Chronicles: DE tonight! I did most (all?) of the late game quests so I absolutely smashed through the final few story bosses without any threat, but it was satisfying to feel so powerful. Still processing the story, but it was a satisfying end.

Still a few weeks to go until 3D World releases, so I'm probably going to jump right into the Future Connected expansion.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic