Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 7,479

nessisonett

@belmont I’m very jealous of your DMG! I think I’d get a modded OG GBA, I love the design and I get to play all three Game Boy consoles.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

belmont

@nessisonett Since I discovered the portable consoles modding I fell in love with it. I now have 3 IPS modded systems, an original DMG, a Game boy color and an Advance SP. I also want a Game Gear one but they are very expensive costing almost as the 3 above added!

Whatever you go for it, it is worth it. If you go for only one it makes sense to go with a GBA mod. Go for a new IPS one. Depending on shipping it may cost ~85+ € but it is worth it if you are a fan.

belmont

RR529

The "Shy Guys Finish Last" minigame in Paper Mario: OK can bite me.

I passed it, but it was getting close. I'm lucky I aced the Ninji category, as it got to the point I wasn't going to clear it unless I won at least one of the 50 point rounds. No way I'm going to tackle the sudden death mode, at least not any time soon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@belmont Yeah, I think I’d get an IPS screen and proper backlight for an original purple GBA. Might look into it when I finally get money next month.

Ralizah

@RR529 I enjoyed that minigame. Of course, I like puzzles and game shows, so that goes without saying.

I take it you didn't go for the sudden death question at the end?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

Has anyone here played Luigi's Mansion 3? When it released I kind of missed out on all news surrounding that title for some reason.

I'm a big fan of the first game, so I suppose I should like the new one too. It does look like it has slightly less character than the first game (imo this is a problem many contemporary Nintendo games have suffered from), but maybe I'm completely in the wrong there.

Seeing how there's a sale right now, I'm wondering how much I'll enjoy the third game. Any hot takes?

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I’d be interested by anyone’s thoughts too. Like you, I love the first game although it creeped me right out as a kid. Didn’t really enjoy the second and its mission based structure so I’d prefer if it was still a Resi-like.

RR529

@Kidfried, @nessisonett, I haven't played the earlier LM games, but I liked 3.

It doesn't have a mission based structure, but isn't quite as open ended as the first one either I believe. While each floor of the hotel has lots of secrets to hide & sometimes maybe a slight "Metroidvania" style progression to it, they're mostly stand alone experiences, so while you can freely explore what you've unlocked of the hotel, with few exceptions you have no reasons to revisit past floors unless you missed any collectibles or it's hidden Boo.

After you defeat a floor's boss (which are apparently a big step up from the second game's, and more in line with the first's), you obtain an elevator button that lets you access the next floor.

@Ralizah, yeah, I'm not tackling the sudden death round any time soon, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried I’m half way through LM3, I would strongly recommend it. I got it at launch, I’m gunna finish it this Halloween. Playing it co-op. It’s good fun, pretty creative and beautifully animated. Get it!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

I think I played about thirty minutes of it with my nephew. It's beautiful, and I definitely want to play it properly one day, but I still need to play the other Luigi's Mansion games first. I have the first two on 3DS, so... ONE OF THESE DAYS!

nessisonett

@Ralizah The original’s legitimately creepy at times. The 2nd one turned it into a slapstick comedy and I’m not sure I really enjoyed the change in tone.

RR529

In Paper Mario: OK I got to the point where Peach's Castle transforms, and decided that was a good place to quit for the night.

The Green Streamer boss was a bit nerve wrecking because it's instant death if it hits you, but in practice it wasn't that hard. I enjoyed the bosses that preceded it as well, with the cutout hand having a pretty cool gimmick.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up over the weekend.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@RR529 Scissors was a cool boss. I destroyed his sheath early in the fight and kept having to dodge his insta-death attacks. He hit me with one right before I was about to kill him, but, thankfully, I had a 1-Up Mushroom that spared me the indignity of death and allowed me to take him out.

And yeah, the paper cutouts were eerie. TOK is low-key the creepiest game Nintendo has made in ages at times.

@nessisonett What I played of LM3 didn't seem particularly creepy. But, as I said, I only played a tiny portion of it in the middle of the game with my nephew.

nessisonett

I can’t tell if Gollum coming to Switch is impressive or explains why the graphics looked so unimpressive before.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I'm inclined to wait and see how it performs first before I call anything "impressive."

nessisonett

@Ralizah Don’t you know? This totally confirms the Switch Pro 🙃

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Thst is a surprise as I thought it was a next gen game only? I still got the copy of Edge where the specifically said that. I appreciate these things can change, but it is a bit weird to then make last gen versions.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Well yeah, it’s a PS5 and XSeX game but people weren’t exactly enamoured with the ‘next-gen graphics’. Perhaps the Switch version is why!

Also important to note, Switch is a next-gen console. Wii U launched with PS4 and Xbox One and Switch is a successor to that in every way. They just launched their next-gen console way earlier cause it was a flop.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

@nessisonett Switch is just their second eighth gen console. It's definitely not next-gen.

Not that what "generation" it is matters much anyway when they've completely abandoned seeking parity with the capabilities of the other big consoles.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s absolutely next-gen, it improves on the Wii U in literally every aspect. It’s a marked change from the design philosophy of the Wii U with new games and better graphics. If it was a power difference that marked the change then Wii U wouldn’t have been an eighth gen console and Wii wouldn’t have been a seventh gen console. The PS4 and XBOne have just had a really long lifespan.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic