Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 7,479

nessisonett

@Ralizah The problem is that there’s a couple of exclusives that I just couldn’t do without and Metroid Prime 4 and Bayo 3 are coming at some point too. I hope more games will ship compatible with Cube controllers because I bloody hate the joy-cons and I’m missing just one button to play BotW with it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ryall

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a revised model of the switch that increased the amount of on-board storage. When Nintendo makes changes to the switch we tend to get these 4K switch pro rumours. We got them immediately before the switch light. They weren’t true then and I doubt they’ll be true this time. But the probably is some kind of minor switch revision coming.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah its not going to be a 4K Switch. Not even fake 4K with super sampling like the pro does. That Bloomberg article makes too much sense for it to be a genuine Nintendo plan. No doubt they are working on a revision to the console, something slighty more powerful like they usually do, but probably not what everyone is expecting.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

The article on NL mentioned rumors of "increased interactivity", so what if the new model can track it's position in space? Alongside a 1080p screen (and maybe a small boost in power), this could make turning it into a mobile VR device more viable than the current model is capable of.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I believe the Oculus Quest (a self contained VR headset) is in the same ballpark price wise as the Switch, so the tracking tech may not be out of Nintendo's price range.

Of course, the increased resolution & motion capabilities would be a boon for regular games as well, but they could sell a plastic "VR Headset" shell on the side (maybe bundled with a game), for those interested in VR.

It's not like it's something they haven't already dabbled with, given the Labo release on the current Switch, which could be seen as a sort of proof of concept (and it got more support than the other Labo kits, with Smash, BotW, Odyssey, & Captain Toad all getting some sort of support for it, plus a couple of 3rd party releases such as Spice & Wolf VR & Neonwall).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kidfried

The rumors are super dumb. Aside from the fact that 4K is a buzzword, what is there to gain from creating a 4K Switch.
Shorter battery power? A heavier console? Being able to play 4K games on a tiny tiny screen? Have the console be so big it isn't portable anymore? Mario in 4K, while they still have to support the regular Switch (look at its userbase)?

I just don't see how, given the current technology available, how a 4K Switch would make anyone happy.

Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype @playstation1995

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Lmao, 4K on my 40 inch TV is barely worth it, never mind on the Switch.

Ralizah

Honestly, I just want games to consistently hit 720p when the system is undocked. Even most first-party titles can't manage that.

playstation1995 wrote:

No doubt playa.cant trust it.fight the power playa.word up son

Row! Row! Fight the power!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

With the absence of much Switch news perhaps we should just make this the ‘quote classic rap lyrics’ thread 🤣

Kidfried

@nessisonett 2Pac - Tha Lunatic "I'm tired of motherlovers steppin to me with the same old. Trying to do me like Nintendo."

Kidfried

Kidfried

Also, right now I'm playing Ori on the Switch. It's an alright game so far. I had expected something a bit more special than what I'm playing so far, because of all the hype this game has received. That being said, the game controls very well, which is kind of a make/break thing in these type of games.

I also like how it's very much a classic Metroidvania in every way, and borrows a lot (gameplay wise) from other games, but still does some new things as well.

As for the story, I have to admit I hardly care. The start of the game set me up for a heartfelt story, but after the introduction it was just Metroidvania business as usual.

This game has been compared to Cuphead quite a bit. Both of them being Microsoft published platformers, with a unique graphic style, and being both above average in difficulty. I just finished Cuphead, so it's hard not to compare the two of them a bit. And what I will say is that I read a lot of online critique on how Cuphead's graphic style makes it sometimes hard to see all that's happening. I could understand that critique, though it never really bothered me a lot. However, I think Ori is a way bigger offender in this department. Often the foreground will even obscure some enemies, I sometimes only notice spikes after I ran into them, and hitboxes of objects can be very unclear. I already quit the game after some annoying instances of this.

And while I love the concept behind the save system, I don't know if it works really well. At the start of the game it sometimes felt like I am making practical decisions whether I'm making a checkpoint or not, but now that I've progressed in the game and have a lot of blue orbs, it's a different story. It sometimes feels more like the devs were too lazy to make checkpoints at logical places. And creating those points feels more like administration instead of playing the game. Also, often you'll come around to places where there is some life points to be found after a difficult platforming bit. And it just feels like the game telling you "you're supposed to make a save game here", rather than being meaningful. And finally, it's so easy to grind the blue orbs too, that I can just make save games wherever I want. So whenever I die and I hjave to replay a way too long part, I groan not because I just took too big of a risk, but rather because I had forgotten to make a save file, more than anything.

It's an alright game so far, is what I'm saying.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

Faux Direct dropped. It’s not nothing, but it’s pretty damn close.

Octane

@nessisonett This confirms it that nobody should pay attention to these so-called leakers anymore. Big Direct on Friday. Mario Collection. Star Fox Grand Prix. It's all a bunch of nothing

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane They probably heard a Direct was coming so were bigging it up for clicks. That KH rhythm game looks ass and I played over 1000 hours of Theatrhythm on 3DS. I mean, still using the assets from the PS2 games? In 2020? The highlight was literal Game Boy games. Not even NSO Game Boy, just a paid collection of Game Boy games. That really says a lot.

Ralizah

@Octane @nessisonett Honestly, the fact that the "big reveal" people were looking to was a (undoubtedly full price) collection of probably barely remastered old Mario games is pretty damning in and of itself.

I mean, I'd still buy it. I love Mario games. Everyone does. But that shouldn't be any sort of huge release, lol.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Most of the Wii U ports have been treated like big releases so far, so I don't think Mario would be any different. It's a bit annoying, but whatever.

Octane

Ryall

@Octane Most of the barely remastered wii u ports have been released for a higher price than the wii u versions launched at. Have been removed from the Wii U eshop to prevent people getting them for a lower price.

First party switch games also don’t get discounted in the way that wii u once did.

Ryall

nessisonett

@Ryall Having a Wii U was great value since there were all the VC games, the physical editions went pretty cheap pretty quickly and it had BC with Wii. I appreciate my Wii U a lot more now that I have a Switch because it had a different set of games to PS4 instead of the sheer amount of slightly worse ports. Not a fan of Nintendo’s push towards live-service methodologies with Pokemon, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing and Smash going for the ‘steadily releasing content’ approach. Personally I don’t mind Smash with the DLC but the way Nintendo work has shifted massively this gen and is pretty much in sync with their push towards mobile profits too. I think a lot of Nintendo fans are just sick of the lack of pretty much anything.

RR529

That Taiko no Tatsujin RPG looks pretty cool, but that's about it.

Again, it's not like I don't have games that I want to go back & get (such as Wonderful 101, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, Xenoblade DE, etc.), but I will say it's a bit concerning that we're getting ready to head into the busy part of the year and they don't seem to have anything coming up other than Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

Hopefully, either these partner showcases are going to be a monthly occurrence (in which case it'd be more understandable that they're not blowouts), or if they do indeed have a September Direct lined up it better have a few bombs.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

I already bought the Final Fantasy Legend Collection. I love the games, I literally played the first one last week in my new backlit dmg!

belmont

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic