Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 5,539

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yeah, the Eri thing was a bit odd but then I read that all the female actresses minus Saeko were in the game because they won a competition! The great thing about this game though is that I can absolutely see where a sequel could improve, despite the game still being fantastic. I reckon Yakuza 8 will be a real winner all round.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

NoCode23

Rage, 2011, on PS3 not streamed. Fun not too short or long game with fun combat and no large inventories, skills, and perks to manage. Plus crafting does not feel like a chore.

My favorites are the weapons especially the wing sticks, the enemies and their decent ai, and the smooth 60fps. For that 60fps the graphics suffer with a mixed bag of textures that is particularly bad in one mission location.

Overall I enjoyed my most recent replay.

I first attempted a replay of Rage streaming with Plus. However my save disappeared and now I can not save Rage game play at all. I called Sony, maybe they fixed it by now. I also lost saves of some but not all streamed games played. I now make cloud backups.

Edited on by NoCode23

NoCode23

RogerRoger

@NoCode23 I've come close to picking up an old copy of Rage once or twice. Surprised to read that a third-party multi-platform release from that generation runs at 60fps on original hardware. I'm grateful for your contemporary thoughts. Might not ignore that aforementioned old copy next time.

Sorry to hear about your streaming issues, though. I hope that Sony does get 'em fixed soon (if they haven't already) and am glad you had an alternative option to enjoy Rage.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Credits are rolling on Ghostwire Tokyo.
I liked it. Did all the side mission and a bunch of the yokai activities and stuff but I saw the trophy list requires collecting all the spirits and I believe I’m at about 30% so that’s probably a nah on the platinum

Edit: I lied, I was close to 50%

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

oliverp

@Voltan Cool congrats on beating Ghost Wire Tokyo. I have been thinking about playing this game as well for some time now.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

crimsontadpoles

Beyond: Two Souls, PS4 version. I reached the end credits with it. It's a supernatural thriller, with a focus on narrative and choice.

Overall I rather enjoyed it. It had an interesting story, and the characters were well crafted. In particular, the main character Jodie was likeable and relatable, and William Defoe does a great job acting as one of the researchers.

My only real complaint was that choices didn't always feel like they had too much of an effect. There's some great variations that can occur, but more often than not chapters will unfold in mostly the same way regardless of choices. But other than that, I enjoyed my time with it.

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles Beyond: Two Souls is a game I’ve been meaning to play for ages, but I keep forgetting about it and prioritizing other games. It’s great to hear it held up for you.

Question — did you play the jumbled timeline approach like the game originally released or in chronological order? My understanding is that it originally was told in segments that were out of order and they patched in a mode where you could play it in a chronological timeframe after players complained. I’ve heard arguments supporting each approach, some saying to experience it in the original artistic direction first while others say a first playthrough is too confusing so one should play in chronological order first to avoid frustration about understanding the plot.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

crimsontadpoles

@Th3solution The PS4 and Steam versions lets the player choose between the original jumbled up order, or a more chronological order. I went with the original jumbled up storyline. That approach worked fairly well, and I didn't have any particular problem keeping track of events.

After each chapter, it displays a timeline showing the names of every chapter so far. That's useful for keeping track of the previous events and how they fit together. Plus, it's easy enough for the player to see roughly where they are in the timeline from the main character's age and appearance.

Opting for the jumbled up order also helps to improve the level variety a bit, as the longer, intense chapters are often later on chronologically.

So I like the original order, but the option to play chronologically does exist for those who prefer that approach.

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I’ve beaten DMC4: SE. Does not hold up well. The puzzles, objectives & the camera were god awful. The only thing I really enjoyed about this game were the boss battles & the final 20mins of the game. Just did the Neto/Dante route as I don’t intend to play through it again.

I don’t know if I would feel differently about the game if I played it at the time, but just found it incredibly frustrating.

Oh well onto DMC5 & then I would’ve ‘caught up’ with another classic franchise. I suspect it will play much better.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

colonelkilgore

Just finished the campaign on Zombie Army 4 and loved every minute. Such an easy game to overlook what with the schlocky title… but it’s such a well made 3rd person action shooter. Think I actually preferred it to its progenitor Sniper Elite (though that may have been to do with being in the mood for action rather than tactical gameplay). Highly recommended to anyone who added it while it was in ps+ but haven’t actually played it yet.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

oliverp

@crimsontadpoles Oh I loved Beyond Two Souls when I played it a few years ago. Its such a cool game. I think the game mechanics and graphics are so very good. Its kind of unique experience really. And well I say experience because its really feels like an experience sometimes hehe. Highly recommend it. @Th3solution I hope you get around to play it sometimes.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

oliverp

Uncharted 4 a little while ago on hard actually. Was the first Uncharted game I really loved, so much better then the previous games in series. Naughty Dog did a really good job with this game. Also really liked the graphics hehe. Hm I must otherwise state that reading about Beyond Two Souls have made me a little curious to try out Detroit Become Human some time soon.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

edwinjoe450

Finally beat the Dead space Remake, and yeah it's really good. Nice graphics, moody atmosphere and beyond outstanding audio.

edwinjoe450

arnoldfranklin

I was able to beat Zapper: One Wicket Cricket for the PS2 today. I don't really think it's that bad.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

LtSarge

Just finished Stray on PS4 after about 7 hours of playtime. I rarely say this about games but this one was a flawless experience for me. Besides some technical hiccups that is, but it's understandable considering I played it on a base PS4. I doubt a game like this has any technical issues on a PS5.

Anyway, I truly loved everything about this game. Unique protagonist (not many games where you get to play as a cat!), memorable characters, interesting setting, gripping story, exceptional soundtrack, fun gameplay, great controls, stunning visuals, incredibly detailed environments. I genuinely don't have anything bad to say about this game, I enjoyed it from beginning to end. It's such a breath of fresh air compared to most other games that come out these days.

Most people have probably already played it, but if you haven't, do yourself a favour and play it. It's such a fantastic game and I'm glad that I got to experience it.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I'm glad you liked it better than I did. I didn't hate it and was glad I played it for "free", but in the latter portion of the game when you spend quite a bit of time going around the cyberpunk-like city at night (I forget what the area was actually called), it was way too easy to get lost imo. I spent more time than I cared to walking around trying to figure out where to go, which almost killed the game for me. Obviously I was able to finish it, but that almost killed the game for me. It was likely partially my own fault, but they did not do a good job at all of making it easy to find your way around that part.

Not saying you're wrong for loving the game as plenty of people did, but it was definitely just a decent and not flawless experience for me.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz When I started playing the game, I was actually thinking this would be the perfect game to let someone who's never played a game before start out with due to its simplicity. But then you get to the "open areas" of the game and then I realised that you can easily get lost in these sections of the game. I actually think the first open area, the slums, was harder to find where to go than the second one, Midtown (the cyberpunk area). But I never struggled during these sections since I just explored everything anyway. You can also talk to your robot friend whenever you're lost. But I can definitely see how these would ruin the pacing of the game for some people.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Looking at the guides on this site now, I could be wrong and have the two mixed up. I don't remember for sure as I played it shortly after launch, but I know I got lost frequently in one of those two areas.

I didn't think the game was bad. Like I said, I was glad that I played it in the end, but I'll never be one to join the group of people that were fascinated by the game. I was one of those people until I kept getting frustrated. It was BlueTwelve's first game, so while getting lost so much nearly broke me and I nearly didn't finish it, I obviously powered through and am still interested to see what they do next. I'm glad there were people, including yourself, that got that much out of the game.

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Well speaking of frustrating games, I just finished Matterfall on PS4. Have you played that one? It's made by Housemarque.

I enjoyed the first world a lot, but the second and last worlds really upped the difficulty. The final boss was a major pain, I had to lower the difficulty and look up a guide to find out what's the best loadout to have. After doing that, I didn't struggle as much. Crazy to think that a loadout can make such a significant difference.

I was almost ready to give up on the game but I'm glad I didn't. It's one of those frustrating games that feels good once you've beaten it.

Besides the high difficulty, I enjoyed the game for its 2D platforming and music. It wouldn't be a Housemarque game without an exceptional soundtrack. It was also cool to see them make a 2D platformer this time instead of another twin-stick shooter like Super Stardust and Resogun. But I'm glad that I didn't buy it and played it through PS+ Extra/Premium instead. It's a very short game with only 12 levels that will take 3-4 hours depending on how good you are. And the high difficulty doesn't make it any better. But it's still worth a playthrough, that's for sure.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I never played Matterfall. Returnal was the first game by Housemarque that I ever played (and never finished). I'd probably pass on that as I also hate games that don't know how to balance the difficulty instead of having it be gradual. It sucks when it's something I'm loving and then at the end it gets really difficult for the sake of being difficult (A Plague Tale: Innocence comes to mind). I am glad you enjoyed it for the most part though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic