Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 4,490

Thrillho

@Anti-Matter Cool. It just seemed you’d spent a good amount of time with the game so I wondered how you might have done with the trophies. I can imagine that game might have you do some quite weird man’s specific things to get them all! Do you know what game is next for you now?

@ralphdibny Good to hear you (mostly) enjoyed LaD as I still have that one to go. How did you find the new combat mechanics?

Thrillho

TheNomadLad

I know im soooo late on this, but i just finished RE 7 main story 2 nights ago, and now i started playing the "not a Hero" dlc. (where the hell can i find the night vision thing ?!)
On a different note i also finished playing the story chapters of RDR2 (still didn't play the 2 epilogue chapters yet as i can't imagine the game without Arthur - Rip Mr. Morgan)

TheNomadLad

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Thrillho
Okay, after finishing Epic Chef PS4, I continue my progress of Dodgeball Academia PS4.
Currently my team have reached level 20 in Episode 3 and I saved my last position inside school toilet to exploit $15.00 from a boy student which you can challenge him anytime to get instant $15.00 as the reward. 😁

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ahh im sure you will find a job! There seems to be an abundance of jobs in coding if that's what you want to do. Very well paid if you go for some of the big corps/banks in London

What subs do you have at the moment then? I think GPU is quite cheap if you do the Gold->GPU conversion at like £40+change/year - certainly better than the £130 you pay if you do it in the normal way. PS Plus was just about cheap enough for me to bite at £30/year during the days of play sale and it's mainly so I can play existing plus games but they just keep adding more 😭. May have to cut my losses this year as I doubt they will do the discount again with the big launch happening. NSO is a bit of a joke (as is Plus "essential" and Gold) but still fairly cheap at ~£15/year at shopto. The only reason I have NSO at the moment is so I can buy those N64 controllers if/when they get some in stock. It's so annoying that I bought the sub just for the controllers and they sold out as soon as I put in the code. I literally haven't used the sub for anything else.

@Thrillho They're OK. I had to put my RPG hat on a bit, especially for the later battles. I don't really play turn based RPGs that much to be honest but I was casting accuracy and defense debuffs like nobodies business in the second to last fight. Also summons and healing spells. It did get a bit tedious and I suppose toward the end it was basically just 3 characters supporting 1 character that had a really powerful spell which probably goes to show how unbalanced I'd let my team get. I can't say if it was more or less tedious than the fights in the older games, there is still a lot of them and they still go on for a long time. I'd say you do have to do the two main dungeons for at least a second time to grind, as well as a 30 fight colloseum thing to level up just to be good enough for the final chapters. But it's not that bad compared to some other games I've seen/played.

I just try and sort of remember that Yakuza 0 did drag in places and I consider that to be probably the second best game in the series (after 5).

Not sure where I'd place Like a Dragon in my ranking, maybe like tied with Yakuza 4 in third place? Then Kiwami 2 and 3 in fourth place, 6 in 5th place and and Kiwami 1 in last place. 4 is so linked to 5 that it's hard to rank it differently but 5 is definitely a better game but it wouldn't be as impactful if you hadn't played 4 before it.

Lavalera

@ralphdibny I agree Lad can get a bit tedious with the battles. But the good thing for me was the autobattle function the moments I felt the battles got to repetitive. I pressed the button and went to read some news in between or something haha. Also the humor in the weapons, the skill names and the skills themselves did make it so it wasn't that bad.

PSNid: Lavalera

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I’ve already cancelled Game Pass but I currently have PS+, PS Now and NSO plus the expansion pass. And then all the tv streaming subs and Spotify! I’ll just need to see where things stand once we find out anything at all about these new tiers of PS+.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Thrillho

@ralphdibny @Lavalera With Judgment, getting the PS5 upgrade gives you a load of ridiculously overpowered combat items (that I didn’t even realise I had until near the end).

So when I kept running into battles, I could just rain down lightning and wipe the mob out rather than have another tedious fight.

It seems to be a problem they haven’t really addressed in any of their games.

Thrillho

Lavalera

@Thrillho yeah it was the same on the Xbox version, they went a bit overboard with the free elixirs this time. It's fine if they give you like 1 or 2 as a bonus or as a sample of elixirs you can make in the game, but using those in battles made stuff to easy. Luckily it isn't that bad in Lost judgment. I had the ultimate edition which includes the detective essentials pack. That one was mostly cosmetic stuff with only a few elixirs. So they learned from it in Lost judgment at least

PSNid: Lavalera

crimsontadpoles

Papers, Please (played on PC, but it's also available on PS Vita). The game centres around someone working at the border of a country. They've got to inspect the passports and documents of those trying to enter the country, and either allow them through or deny entry if there's a problem with the paperwork. It takes place in the fictional country of Arstotzka, though it does have a dystopian soviet bloc feel to it.

The gameplay starts simple at first, requiring the player to simply check that the passports are in order. But things gradually get more and more complex as extra rules and paperwork is added. The art is to find the balance between fast and accurate. The player earns more money from serving more people, but is penalised for any mistakes. The first time around I was barely making enough money to survive, but on later playthroughs I'd gotten quite good at it.

Where this game excels is all the little things that make it feel special. It takes place inside the immigration officer's booth, where there's a desk for rearranging all the various papers, but there's also a wall for hanging decorations on. The boss may even get angry if you display things that he hasn't approved. And it also shows outside the booth, visualising the guards along with a very long queue of people waiting to enter. There's some scripted events that happen outside, as well as some oddball characters trying to enter Arstozka. There's different endings depending on what happens.

It's not normally a type of game that I'd consider playing, but I'd seen clips of streamers playing parts of it, and that made me want to try it out for myself. I ended up getting hooked and really enjoying it.

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles I also enjoyed Papers, please for what it was, which is an innovative and thought provoking indie title. I really appreciate these unique smaller games. They serve as good palate cleansers, but also often go to new places thematically.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Trousersnake

I'll stick to last week due to memory loss, The two dlc's from The Outer Worlds are finally done for! Kept ignoring/neglecting it for some reason, but i rediscovered it and it's pretty kewl.. Oh yeah, that free Astrobot game that came with the PS5 still needed finishing. I did that. Again, no clue why i didn't do that earlier.

Edited on by Trousersnake

Nope.

nessisonett

Tomb Raider II is done and dusted. Quite enjoyed it, even if the increased combat is not all that fun. Standout levels were the Opera House, Main Deck, the one with the snowmobile and the monastery. I could certainly go without playing the Oil Rig or Floating Islands again though! Think I’ll just start Tomb Raider III now.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @crimsontadpoles Snowmobile music party!!

What a banger.

Congratulations on clearing Tomb Raider II there, Ness! Completely agree that the game's increased amount of combat is its biggest flaw, and that the Opera House is a cracking level. Am also impressed that you're leaping straight into Tomb Raider III, as well, although I suppose it'll help not having to re-adjust to the tank controls all over again. Best of luck with its obtuse save system!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles I’m playing the PS1 versions via the PS Vita. So TR2 was perfectly fine using the touchscreen to sidestep and take out flares. However, the controls in TR3 are a bit more complicated as L2 and R2 make you crouch and dash. So I’ve mapped them to the right of the screen so that I can hold it while moving!

@RogerRoger Since my Vita has CFW installed, I’m tempted to use save states. These crystals are a nightmare, I’m so afraid to use them that I haven’t made it past the opening level as I keep dying and getting sent back to the opening cutscene!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Nobody would blame you for using save states. Heck, the PC version of Tomb Raider III lets you save anywhere, and the crystals (green instead of blue) act as health boosts instead, so it's not like a needlessly restrictive save mechanic is "part of the design" or anything!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@Lavalera nice, yeah I did a couple of auto battles when it was first introduced but I ended up going with the Press A a lot method for most battles lol especially the harder ones. I suppose if you know what you want to do in a battle and can intersperse some ups and downs with bashing A repeatedly then it's kind of like an auto battle but it does more of what you want. Couldn't read the news while I was doing it though 😅

@crimsontadpoles I played Papers please a while back. I just did the one play through though with the intent of returning to it (I bought it for Vita in the bruef time that my PS Plus sub lapsed and allowed me to purchase it. I thought what little I played was really good and effective though!

I actually wrote a mini review of it over in the PS3 thread back when I played it. I think our thoughts on it are largely similar. How many endings did you play through to in the end? I need to give it another go at some point!

Edited on by ralphdibny

crimsontadpoles

@ralphdibny That's a well thought out write-up. Interesting that you got ending 3 of 20 when you played. I made the same mistake by showing the official the secret documents, getting that bad ending the first time around.

I ended up doing all 20 endings. That's a lot easier to do than it sounds, as most of them can be obtained very quickly by warping to a specific day and doing something specific.

ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles ah cheers! Maybe that ending is common for first timers? Some combination of wanting to see where the mystery goes contradicting the desire to get further in the game resulting in a half and half solution that gets the player in front of the firing squad.

That's cool there are warp points, I also never got to or noticed the decoration wall either. Sounds like there is a lot more to the game that I didn't realise. Certainly the warp points may entice me to return sooner rather than later!

Bentleyma

Just finished .hack//G.U. Last Recode. Took me 80 hours to finish all 4 volumes. I enjoyed it, but I probably wouldn’t of started it if I knew it was going to take me that long to play through.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic