Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 4,365

jdv95

Yakuza Kiwami is done.

The last few harruka requests and beating amon where a chore,but i managed it.

now i'm debating if i should get kiwami 2 or play something lighter since i heard that there can be burn-out from playing to much yakuza.

jdv95

Thrillho

@jdv95 I spaced the games out a fair bit with at least two other games otherwise it can get a bit repetitive.

YK2 is great though and definitely has one of the best antagonists in the series.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@jdv95 Whilst I can't make any direct comment about the Yakuza games, I would always generally advise spacing out individual entries in a long-running series, even moreso after you described your last few in-game tasks as being "a chore". Whatever you decide, though, congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Lavalera

@jdv95 I agree with the comments above. I played almost all in a row and around 4 it started to feel sameish. I took a break in between and enjoyed it more again. So yeah take your time in between you will only enjoy them more

Lavalera

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Not yet but I've done that in the past, I've been recording some stuff for my soundcloud recently, solos and whatnot.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with the right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman oh, cool! I’d love to hear that. I can’t wait to get out and see some live shows again. Been too long.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Go Flames Go!!!

HallowMoonshadow

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster

That was an enjoyable 40 hours getting the Neutral/Freedom ending that I've never actually seen before. Was pretty good.

Though I have to admit that was the easiest run of Nocturne I've ever had on normal difficulty.

I did have a little run around on Mercilful on an older save afterward and... Wow that really is completely braindead for difficulty. Great for grinding though I bet with the ridiculously boosted exp gain.

I'm gonna actually go for the True Demon ending with the main save though so... I've still got a fair bit to do! Probably gonna double that play time trying to do everything & fill the compendium out.

Think I might actually have to try hard mode in earnest though on new game plus and beyond...

I don't think you mentioned this @Ralizah in your review of it but did you try new game plus and check out the first person mode that you unlock? Always thought it was rather neat in the PS2 version and I'm glad to see it's still there for PS4!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Probably not, since I didn't touch NG+. That is pretty cool, though. I should boot up my save file for Nocturne HD one day and try it out!

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

(I know you're on holiday but still... Thought I might as well reply)

It's actually just a button toggle if you do check it out @Ralizah. No idea what it would be on a switch controller but it's the Select button on a PS2 controller and the touchpad on the PS4. I'm sure you know the equivalent button for the switch.

The original PS2 PAL release (Or at least my reprinted copy) of Nocturne was a bit weird too and I've never actually seen the option you get to choose on a new cycle of whether you want the original demon sprite jacket or the new leather jacket option either.

Not that it looks particularly nice and you only see it in the opening still before you become the demi fiend so... It's kinda pointless aside from changing your starting stats ever so slightly 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

Th3solution

Finished Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I just have an NG+ left for the platinum, which I have already immediately jumped into.

I will say, the game is fantastic. Really what I was looking for right now. A really fun distraction with addictive gameplay and a pretty decent story. Fresh characters, fun new powers to play with, and that Sony first party sheen to the whole package.

If I had any complaints they are minor —
Some of the voice acting falls flat. Overall I warmed up to Miles’s VA but some of the line delivery felt a little corny at first. Same for Ganke (sp?) and Finn.
Also, there was more than once where I got slightly frustrated at the controls. The worst offender was crawling on walls, where suddenly perspective shifts made pushing the left stick up made Miles move inexplicably downward, or vice versa. Really weird. And occasionally the web shooting wouldn’t respond as quickly or accurately as I remember the first game doing. But perhaps I am just looking back through rose-tinted glasses.

But actually overall, I think I liked this game better than the original. I liked playing as the nerdy teenager trying to figure things out, as opposed to the older Peter with his all too familiar feeling young adult life problems. But most of all, the venom powers are much more fun to play with than the traditional Spidey arsenal. It makes me worried that Spider-Man 2 might feel bland by comparison, but we’ll see.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I enjoyed it a fair bit more than the original too. Great little game fair play

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

Thrillho

@Th3solution NG+ can be done really quickly too as you can unlock the final things easily enough and just fly through the main story.

I thought it was a nice length but there is a lot of side content, although very little of it ever felt like filler.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Don't forget Spider-man 2 will also feature Miles Morales too we can assume, if the teaser trailer is anything to go by.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Thrillho If I complete it, this might just be the first NG+ that I ever finish; not being a fan of replaying games very often. The short length of MM is going to make it less of a chore. And honestly, the game is still fun for me, although I am skipping all the cinematics that I’m allowed.

@JohnnyShoulder Oh yeah, that’s true. Hopefully flipping back and forth between power sets isn’t too confusing. I wonder if we’ll also get Spider-Gwen, etc.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Anti-Matter

Epic Chef PS4

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

Thrillho

@Anti-Matter It seems you got your money’s worth out of that one

How did you do from a trophy point of view after all that time with the game?

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

@Thrillho
Oh, actually I finished the storyline of Epic Chef PS4 yesterday. It took 3 weeks to finish the game. I played my PS4 games not for trophies since I don't care what achievements I got but I saw I have unlocked a lot of trophies on my playing record.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

ralphdibny

Just wrapped up Yakuza Like a Dragon this evening. It was bloody good in the end. I was getting a bit bore around around the 20-30 hour mark but I'm glad I stuck it out because it picked up toward the end and the last few chapters were really good.

That's all the Yakuza games on game pass done now. Going to take a break from the series before I go and mop up the spin offs later in the year.

I have about 16 days left on my PS Plus subscription 🤔. Bioshock 2 is next for me as I voted for it in the game club but I am not sure if I might try and plough through some more games off the PS Plus list. I really really don't think I am going to renew this time. I just want to be subscription free and not have to worry about end dates. Ps plus goes in 2 weeks and game pass finishes in August. Looking forward to being free!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I know what you mean about subscriptions, my uni money’s running out since I’m graduating in November and unless I find a job very soon, I’ll need to cancel them all!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic