Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 5,530

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou getting the plat is… ‘complicated’ mate. So, the game itself is pretty easy… but the plat requires a permadeath run on the hardest difficulty (which only unlocks after your first playthrough), there is an online mode called breach (which I’m yet to try) and there are a few trophies for that… but most awkward is not locking yourself out of side missions and collectibles and such. I was very patient during my first playthrough and done everything I could possibly think of… and I still locked off side missions etc. Pretty much every trophy is missable, so I’ve since found out that it is advised to keep multiple save points in play for any such mishap. Still, it’s a good game regardless of the trophy hunt complications, so it’s definitely worth the often minuscule amount being asked for it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou I actually need to go back and finish off a few things for the Fallout 4 plat myself… I don’t have any saves though, so hopefully I’ll be able to do a real fast run through the main missions only. I have to get the trophy for 100% Settlement Contentment too, which is supposed to be a pain.

Still a bit to do on both Division 2 & Deus Ex… (& Yakuza Kiwami) and would love it if I could wrap them up before release schedule starts getting busy. If not though, I circle back to them at some point (like Fallout 4, which was like 7 years ago 🤣).

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore man, I’ve been tied up at the hospital a couple days so I haven’t been too attentive here but glad to hear that you enjoyed Mankind Divided! I thought the blend between first person and third person is unique and well executed. I only wish it didn’t feel like half a story.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer well I hope everything’s okay mate! Yeah it was good fair play. I know what you mean too… the post credit twist and reveal really sets up what would be an interesting next instalment (which we’ll probably never get).

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore yeah everything’s good, thanks! I thought the interrogation mechanic was really neat, albeit slightly half-baked. I was hoping a sequel could really go all in on that aspect. I don’t know if the plat is attached to it or not but I had a fair amount of fun with Breach as well. The uniqueness of the game’s gameplay really shines in that mode.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer ah good. Haven’t played any Breach yet but there are a few trophies attached to that mode, so I’ll be giving it a go when I get a chance to.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou yeah I played the first two on 360 way back when (the original Mass Effect was actually the straw that broke the camels back and made me go out and buy an Xbox). Loved them both. Then my Xbox died but by that point themMass Effect games had come to PS3, so I picked up the third game on PlayStation and for whatever reason (I can’t really remember if I’m honest) I couldn’t get into it.

I picked up the Legendary Edition late last year though, so I’ll be looking forward to not only playing the first two again… but also to play through 3 and to see how it all ends.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Keith_Zissou wrote:

Not sure whether to play all three back to back or space them out across this year… 🤔

Oooof! Man, you gotta do you of course… but I’d be a little worried that I’d be burned out by the third in that case. However you do it though, enjoy dude.

**** DLC!

ishaajo840

Recently Finished Dark Souls 1 Remastered.

ishaajo840

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore Similar history with the original trilogy as well. Not the buying a 360 for it as I already had one, but I loved both 1 and 2, so naturally I was really looking forward to 3. For whatever reason, it didn't click with me and I never finished it. Now, with the Legendary Edition, I'm able to go back and give it another shot.

I've already played 1 and 2 again, but 3 is still in waiting. I've had the release since it came out, and I was planning on spacing them all out a little but finishing them all in 2021. That obviously went a bit sideways, but I'll definitely get to it at some point after Horizon Forbidden West.

I look forward to finally giving Andromeda a shot as well, as I totally skipped over that due to it's unfortunate release. I picked it up yesterday along with a couple of other games before the last Games Under $20 sale prices expired.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz I haven’t even started playing through them yet, something that I really need to find some time to do. I’m considering picking up Andromeda too, I saw that a ‘certain someone’ 😉 was playing it prior to block-gate and really enjoying it… maybe it’s been salvaged from the massacre it received at release.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @KilloWertz @Keith_Zissou I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger to play ME: LE through the EA Play sale. It’ll be my chance to try this streaming service witchcraft and see what all the fuss is about 😜. Not sure I’ll be able to get through more than one or two of them in the 3 month trial.

My ME experience is the opposite of yours — I skipped ME one back then because I had no Xbox, and jumped in at ME2 on PS3 and then played and finished ME3 with my same bro-Shep. So I’m looking forward to playing fem-Shep and playing properly from the first game rather than doing the little intro I had to do: “here’s a quick summary of the story so far and the 3 or 4 major decisions from the first game you need to make so that this game makes sense”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JigsawPieces

I finished Kena: Bridge of Spirits last night .. but I had to drop the difficulty down, for the final boss, to do it. I'm left with rather mixed feelings about that, but it was just No Fun otherwise.

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

colonelkilgore

@JigsawPieces yeah I’ve heard a lot of reports about the game’s difficulty. I wouldn’t worry about the difficulty drop unless you’re going for trophies mate.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@JigsawPieces I beat the final boss after five or six goes as I didn't find it too bad once I got the hang of it. Not losing any/much health on the non-boss parts is pretty important but having to do the whole thing again got a bit annoying, particularly the platforming bit which was felt a little odd to throw into the middle of the fight.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou I think I’ve picked up both Fe and Sea of Solitude along the way. Now you’ve gone and put them on the radar too! 😡 You really are my nemesis… or at least the nemesis of my schedule 🤣

**** DLC!

render

@Keith_Zissou @Th3solution @colonelkilgore @KilloWertz I'm really looking forward to playing ME2 and actually started to think will I be able to squeeze it in between now and HFW. I've just finished Uncharted 4 and was going to make a start on Lost Legacy so that I could wrap up the platinum on the Legacy of Thieves collection. If I can get that done this weekend that would leave me with just under 2 weeks. Is that long enough though! 😏

render

colonelkilgore

Buzzing! Just finished my Deus Ex: Mankind Divided permadeath ‘I Never Asked for This’ difficulty playthrough… and managed to mop up my non-lethal and no alarms playthroughs at the same time. The non-lethal and no alarms requirements can be very temperamental from what I’ve read… and there is no way to track them either. So the only way you know if you’re good, is once the game is complete.

Just need to (start and) finish the online Breach mode now for the last four trophies.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic