Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 4,372

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Sounds like you have the bug for classic Sonic games now after my recent playthroughs of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles! I know nothing about the Advance games since I started playing GBA titles late and to my knowledge, they haven't been re-released on other systems since then. Would love to find a way to play these games somehow, even if the first two have some difficulty spikes.

Anyway, sounds like you had a great time with them. Are you planning on playing more Sonic games? I do know about the PSP titles and I think they might be available on the Vita store, not sure though.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@Iver That's good to hear. I'll dust off my external SSD for my Series X that I use for old games and try some of them out at some point then. Obviously not anytime soon with the current release schedule, but someday. If they can measure up to Syndicate, I'll be happy.

@colonelkilgore I guess it really helps that they improved Unity over time to clean up a lot of the issues. It probably would have been received a lot better if it was in much better shape from the get go.

@RogerRoger Wait, I thought Sonic Mania was supposed to be pretty good?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz yeah you’re probably right… I wasn’t even playing AC games back then so I never had the ‘pleasure’ of playing at release 😄

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Heh, I've always got the Sonic bug, don't worry! But you're right, chatting about the classic games recently did bump the Advance trilogy up my schedule a bit. It's a real shame that they've never found a way off the GBA, because they're superb games, and highly recommended. I don't have many other Sonic games in my backlog right now (beyond Sonic Battle, which I still can't complete) but there are two new releases coming this year anyway, so I'm gonna try and keep the decks clear for 'em.

Sonic's pair of PSP games, Rivals and Rivals 2, are indeed available as downloads for PS Vita. I swore I'd never be this self-promotional around here, but I did write a review of both games back in 2020, if you're considering a purchase and interested in learning more about them. Long story short? They're okay-ish.

@KilloWertz People do like Sonic Mania, yeah. This is just me we're talkin' about here. As somebody who regularly replays the classics, and has access to them on multiple platforms, I didn't feel that Mania did anything worthwhile to advance the series, s'all. It works wonders as a nostalgia trip for those who hadn't played a Sonic game since 1992 but for me, as a lifelong fan, I was kinda bored by it, and frustrated by its lack of innovation and a slavish reverence for an era that was surpassed ages ago. I much preferred Sonic Forces as a follow-up, which is saying something because, y'know... Sonic Forces. But that isn't to dismiss or diminish Mania and its fans, though. I get why it exists.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TraCuz-

Recently just beat the Endwalker expansion for FFXIV, and wow. FFXIV is officially cemented as my favorite piece of media, above any movie, tv show, or any other game.

Currently Playing:

Elden Ring, Apex Legends

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- wow, what a recommendation! Glad that you liked it so much dude… now that it’s over, what’s next?

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore The journey never ends my friend! Though the story may be over, but there's still tons of stuff to do. Although with the story being finished, it opens up time to play Forbidden West when it comes out. Always finding some way to squeeze in a few matches of Apex Legends too.

Currently Playing:

Elden Ring, Apex Legends

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- yeah I just pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West… currently weighing up whether I should play it at release, or wait until I get a week or two off work. It’s a toss up between it and Elden Ring… I’ll play one at release and keep one for a break.

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Man it seems Guerilla can't catch a break with their release schedule xD. First it was Breath of the Wild, now it's Elden Ring haha. I hope it doesn't effect the conversation around the game like last time.

I wonder what you'll decide to play!

Currently Playing:

Elden Ring, Apex Legends

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- it could just come down to HFW releasing first tbh.

Insecable

Just finished Valhalla yesterday (the main story at least). The story itself was decent but the game is just so bloated that it felt so tiresome by the end. Back onto FF7R Integrade next before Horizon Forbidden West is out.

Insecable

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @KilloWertz @Iver @RogerRoger The old Assassin’s Creed games and Arkham Origins are a good example of some games I might actually play if they have old legacy games in this new Spartacus service. Especially Arkham Origins since it’s stranded on PS3 and I don’t use that old grey mare anymore.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JudgeDredd

@Th3solution I'd love access to PS3 legacy titles. It's my favourite PlayStation console and if The Saboteur was a part of it I might actually squeal.

Edited on by JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

nessisonett

@Iver I’ve always fancied The Saboteur. I think it might maybe be included with EA Play on PC so I guess I could play it there.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JudgeDredd

@nessisonett Definitely worth your time if you fancy what's basically an AC set in Nazi occupied Paris with a few neat concepts of its own. I absolutely adore it but all things considered, that's largely what it boils down to.

JudgeDredd

nessisonett

@Iver Yeah that’s basically right up my alley. I can never find enough games set in a specific historical time period other than Assassin’s Creed that let you free roam. I just like soaking in the atmosphere of these sorts of games.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JudgeDredd

@nessisonett Atmosphere is one thing it does exceptionally well via lifting the grey oppression of the occupation one area at a time and bringing the beauty of natural colour back to Paris.

JudgeDredd

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution judging from having replayed Arkham Asylum a year or two back, the actual gameplay of that will hold up better than the early AC games… I do have it on the shelf, maybe I’ll give it a go if I ever fancy a return to Arkham.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Do be warned that the PS3 version of Arkham Origins runs pretty poorly. It's playable but would be a bit of a shock to go back to, now that we're all used to stable framerates and 4K visuals. I think it's already available to play on PS Now but yeah, adding possible connection lag to its poor performance would be too much of a risk for me. Hopefully it (and other legacy titles) will benefit from some kind of technical boost as part of this increasingly-likely-but-still-theoretical Sony service.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore “yeah I just pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West… currently weighing up whether I should play it at release, or wait until I get a week or two off work. It’s a toss up between it and Elden Ring… I’ll play one at release and keep one for a break.”

This is a real conundrum for me at the moment. I’m trying to convince myself that I can finish HFW in a week or two but in all reality that’s more ridiculous than a flying platypus. Might just come down to the sacred coin toss…

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Go Flames Go!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic