Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 4,372

LtSarge

@Bentleyma Congrats! Will you be playing more Pokémon games after this one? Not immediately of course. There are two more mainline games you can check out, which are Pokémon Let's Go and Sword/Shield. The first one is rather different because you don't battle wild Pokémon, you can only catch them, while Sword/Shield is more of a traditional experience with open areas. I really enjoyed both of them!

There are also some free-to-play Pokémon games on Switch if you're into that. I believe Pokémon Cafe and Pokémon Quest are some of them, of which the later I've played and thought it was rather fun for what it was.

LtSarge

Bentleyma

@LtSarge I played Let’s Go Pikachu a few years ago, but I don’t really consider it a proper Pokémon game because it ditches the random battles in favour of the Pokémon Go catching mechanic. I’ve got Pokémon Legends: Arceus pre-ordered, but I’m considering cancelling it because I’m not sure if I’m going to enjoy it. The free-to-play games look awful. New Pokémon Snap has my interest!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

ralphdibny

@KilloWertz haha furlough was a blessing and a curse. Much less money and much more time. Kinda blows going back to work and having a maximum of 2 hours to play each evening (unless I have another task like laundry) and then having to decide whether to spend the entire weekend playing games or doing something more productive. I wish I was a teenager again sometimes 😅

@Th3solution cheers bud. I think my favourite games from that new page were Ori and the Will of the Wisps, VVVVVV and Doom Eternal + DLC. 3 absolutely excellent games.

The Walking Dead series took me by surprise, absolute loved the 4 main games. Likewise Yakuza surprised me a bit too. Hopefully going to start Yakuza 4 soon 🤞🤞

Worse game (for me) was Borderlands GOTY. I 99%d it and the DLC. I found it so boring despite playing it for 70 hours. So I think I definitely gave it a good go!

Edited on by ralphdibny

nessisonett

@johncalmc I go back and forth on the ending. Yeah, it’s massively anticlimactic and I could have done with a proper resolution with the main relationship of the game. But then isn’t the whole point that life outside the loop is way less fun and interesting? So if that was what they were going for, I totally get it.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

Persona 2 Innocent Sin is done and dusted. Been a while since I played that one. Best way to describe it is Hitler + Aliens + Cthulhu + Bisexual Love Square. So yeah it’s an absolute classic. I mean, the gameplay kinda sucks but the plot is so absolutely bafflingly insane that it’s worth it. And the character development is heads and shoulders above 99% of RPGs, arguably better than the rest of the series. Forgot just how great the ending was, properly set up for Eternal Punishment. Apparently the fan translation of the PSP port of that game is almost ready to go so I think I’ll wait. I played the PS1 version last time so this will be a change.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nessisonett

Finally actually finished Arkham Origins for real this time. Enjoyed it a lot actually, more than City but perhaps not quite as much as Asylum. The city was a decent size although there were far too many datapacks for me to ever be bothered doing. The sidequests were a good addition and built on the formula City introduced. I think that’s the only real issue I have with it, the game doesn’t really bring much new to the table. It does what it does well though! The glue grenade did make me laugh out loud, it’s such a poorly hidden reskin of the freeze grenade thing from City 😂

LtSarge

Well it took me 40 hours of playtime and several months of playing this game, but I've finally finished Steins;Gate 0 and what an excellent game it was! I still like the first one more due to how captivating it was, but 0 was a phenomenal sequel and absolutely worth playing if you've played the first game. It pretty much expands on the characters even more, while introducing new ones and letting you spend more time with them. The story was interesting as well, but because of how many branching paths there are, it was kinda difficult keeping track of everything that you've done so far. I also thought the ending was underwhelming considering how much they've hyped it up throughout the game and it just didn't really answer anything. However, the game overall was still phenomenal and I'm glad that I've got to experience it.

On a side note, I managed to play through this entire game on my Vita through PS4 Remote Play and I'm genuinely impressed that it has worked great all this time. This will definitely encourage me to play more of my visual novels that I have on PS4.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Just beat Assassins Creed 2… really enjoyed it and can understand why it’s considered such a classic. Combat and ‘sticky’ parkour withstanding… it just has ‘something’ special going on… loved it! Will hopefully mop up the plat tomorrow… though my plat mop ups in 2022 have thus far been lackadaisical in all honesty.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore I tried the original on the Xbox One X since it was a free remaster a couple of years ago and couldn't get passed the horrible controls on that. I ended up quitting the game, tried picking it up again last year, and gave up again.

I wish I'd played them when they first came out as I was hoping to play some of the old ones after becoming a big fan of the series after loving the new trilogy of games and also Syndicate. I'd probably still enjoy the handful of ones that came out right before Syndicate though.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz 🤣 yeah i can only imagine that id be enjoying it that much more if I was Gamepassing it rather than this old-fashioned shiney disc that I had to physically withdraw from some blue plastic case. Hey, maybe I’ll go vegan too 🤪

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore I edited my post after thinking my other got deleted, only to realize after that I posted it in another thread. Oops.

Ironically I'm actually a Game Pass subscriber since I also have a Series X, but I guess that's beside the Game Pass point.

Seriously though, I'm guessing other early ones like Assassin's Creed 2 have rough controls now like the original.

Edited on by KilloWertz

JudgeDredd

@KilloWertz AC III, Black Flag and Rogue are all very good but there's definitely some jank. Revelations and Brotherhood were solid too, in their day but that's another step back with regard to the feel. Unity I have never completed, just didn't get to grips with it.

JudgeDredd

KilloWertz

@Iver Thanks. I might still give the latter ones like Black Flag a shot at some point on my Series X since I still have the discs from several of them from when my brother got them. I can live with a little jank, but there was a lot in the original now. Probably doesn't help that it's hard to go anywhere in the game, at least early on, without being chased. That obviously doesn't help.

I will give whoever did the free remaster for Xbox though as you'd never be able to tell it's a pretty old game now.

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz yeah the controls are clunky but I’ve still enjoyed it. I’m a sucker for a Ubisoft collectathon though.

JudgeDredd

@KilloWertz The very first AC is a long way off the rest of the series in terms of playability. The rest of the entire series is perfectly serviceable in comparison. My personal favourites are Rogue and Black Flag but I love the pirate angle.

JudgeDredd

colonelkilgore

@Iver I played Unity last year and loved it, which was a big surprise considering the hate it received. Probably my joint fave AC game with Odyssey.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Nicely done clearing Arkham Origins (and Persona 2: Innocent Sin, although I made it to the second line of your post about that game and just went "WTF?!"). Can't argue with any of your points and, although I'd place it a fraction above Asylum in my own rankings, I'm personally pleased to see you prefer it over City. Aside from its poor technical performance at launch, a lot of the criticism was regarding its "more of the same" design approach (with the Glue Grenade being the worst offender, for sure) but for me, it was what Origins did with that design, the atmosphere and tone it soaked everything in, and the story it told, which made all the difference. Moments like the Firefly boss battle will stay with me forever; the music, the location, the sense of scale and that freakin' soundtrack, just so perfect!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

As for me, I've blasted through the Sonic Advance trilogy in recent days, and loved every second. These are what Sonic Mania should've been. Gorgeous new visual style, steady implementation of gameplay innovations, tons of personality, and clever callbacks which don't recycle locations, boss battles and assets wholesale. I used to call the second one my favourite, but I actually think Sonic Advance 3 is the best game now, as it avoids the sharp difficulty spikes present in its predecessors and feels like the most "complete" experience, what with its three-act zones, hub worlds and freedom of character choice, not to mention its unique team-up abilities. Having said that, I also adore the simplicity of the first game, and how it sets the tone for what's to come. Heck, it's all brilliant, and is long overdue a remaster!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic