Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 5,490

JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore wrote:

@JigsawPieces yeah I’ve heard a lot of reports about the game’s difficulty. I wouldn’t worry about the difficulty drop unless you’re going for trophies mate.

Fortunately the only trophy locked behind a higher difficulty in Kena, is the one for completing the game in Master difficulty which is unlocked after beating the game once on any difficulty. So even less reason not to drop the difficulty down.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I’m only too aware mate, the thought of the Master difficulty playthrough, given the issues I’ve read people have had on Normal… is already giving me conniptions 😥

**** DLC!

MightElf-69

Finally got around to finishing HZD and getting the plat, amazing game am super hyped for HFW!

Now to finish Ghost of Tsushima..

MightElf-69

Gunnerzaurus

Just platinumed A Short Hike, thoroughly adored that game, in my personal GOTY running for 2022.

Gunnerzaurus

PSN: Gunnerzaurus

KilloWertz

@Th3solution If you're going to be Fem-Shep, which makes sense for variety, you might as well be a Renegade as well. Like people say, Jennifer Hale's performance works really well as a Renegade.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Good to know. I was wondering that very thing. I always go the paragon / benevolent route in these types of games and feel strange doing the renegade choices or popping off to NPCs in rude or mean ways. But since I do want to see other aspects of the game I’ll probably do that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz @Th3solution I remember starting a playthrough of the original Mass Effect to show it to a friend (not long after I completed the game). We only got a few hours into it but it was interesting (& hilarious) to go full renegade/womaniser. Basically we chose the absolute worst conversation options when dealing with male npc’s and was then all sweetness and light with the female npc’s. Was probably only funny for the brief time we put into it… but I remember us laughing out loud quite a few times that evening. Probably helped that I was in my mid twenties… and that it was almost twenty years ago too… but good times 😁

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Haha, we’ll now you have given more more ideas to play around with. I might do a full Fem-Shep womanizer.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution I always played that way too. Even started my initial playthrough from last year that way, but then realized I should actually be doing something different than what I did back in the day and wanted to experience her performance since people praise it a lot.

I kind of still did a bit too much Paragon in Mass Effect, but by the time I played Mass Effect 2 several months ago I did basically everything Renegade unless it was something that made no sense for Mass Effect 3.

Also, might as well be a womanizer. Not a big fan of the male options to romance for her, except for Garrus, but I thought he would fit better with a Paragon FemShep.

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou 👍 it was a nice surprise when the ‘no alarms’ trophy popped tbh, I was sure I’d triggered at least one. Just means that I won’t have to do another playthrough, which is great news for my pre-Forbidden West mop up. Might even help me to squeeze Mass Effect in this year 😉.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Finished Axiom Verge. Quite liked it. It’s a very very pure Metroid clone, none of your RPG elements which I kinda appreciate. However, there’s so much backtracking which was rather tedious. Took ages to trek from one end of the map to the other. The final area had a heavy dose of BS as well, incredibly irritating normal enemies yet very easy bosses. So it was a mixed bag but I did enjoy it. It suits Vita perfectly.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@Keith_Zissou I guess you should just hand her the controller then. She'll get the job done.

I can't really do it either. After doing more good things in Mass Effect than I probably should have even though I wanted to be a Renegade (technically still ended up as one), I found a happy medium of only treating my crew members well and only choosing the Paragon option if it would really benefit me for Mass Effect 3's endgame. In other words, I punched the reporter in Mass Effect 2 instead of 1.

JigsawPieces

@colonelkilgore @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder Thanks, for the reassurance, all Now it's settled I'm pretty sure it was the right thing to do, for me, as it just wasn't fun any more.

I've been quite enjoying going around mopping up, looking for the collectibles I missed before - now that the pressure's off, I'm reminded what a pretty game it is!

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

colonelkilgore

@ishaajo840 well luck for you, you still have Demons Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 still to play. Enjoy.

**** DLC!

Wesker

NieR:Automata. Very cool game. One of the coolest I’ve played for a long time. At the end it says “You have witnessed the ‘A route’, but there are still many story elements and changes to gameplay systems you have not seen yet.” Pretty interesting approach to replayability…

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

sorteddan

@Wesker
You haven't beaten the game yet then... Go do a NG+ if you think you'd enjoy it some more... You'll see what it means.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@Wesker
You were correct on your first point though. Very cool game.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic