Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 5,542

render

@GoodGame Well done!! How many hours has it taken you to get that far? I might install this and have a go for the platinum if it's not too long as it does look good.

render

render

@GoodGame Oooh go on then, think I'll give it a go. Thanks for letting me know and good luck on the platinum!! 😀

render

colonelkilgore

Watch Dogs 2 story done, some really cool missions (or Ops) in the latter half of the game too. I’ll be interested to see how Ubisoft mess this franchise up with Legion as I really feel they had something with WD2… if it had of been nurtured properly they really could have had their own GTA!

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I remember being ever-so-slightly interested in the third game's hype machine, after everybody said the second was surprisingly good. If my backlog weren't so freakin' huge, I might consider taking the plunge, as it's always in the sales. I'm glad you had a good time with it, and that the second half of the game didn't squander its potential. Helps prevent burnout when a big sandbox can maintain that balance!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I picked up the PS5 version of Legion for around £20 a few months back but it was always WD2 that people were suggesting I play, so I took the prevailing advice and I reckon they were right. Funnily enough the original Watch Dogs was the first game I ever played on my current PSN profile (when I first booted up my PS4) and it’s been stinking up my trophy list on 1% ever since. Although I hated it back then, I think I’m gonna give it another chance after I’ve finished Ghost of Tsushima. Not sure if the plat will still be achievable due to online trophies but I can definitely improve the percentage some.

If you’re ever looking for a sandbox crime game, I’d definitely give WD2 a shot.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore To be fair, Watch Dogs 2 is only a ‘crime’ sandbox depending on your political stance 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I've been allergic to the first game ever since it bombed harder than, er... something that bombs (leave me alone, it's late) but the outpouring of "Hey, this is actually decent!" surrounding the sequel got me curious again. Hearing that you, of all people, walked away with 1% trophies is the most damning indictment of the game yet, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

I thought WD1 was fine and I finished it. I fell off the 2nd one though 🤷‍♂️
Not sure why, tbh.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger 😂🤣 I know right. In all seriousness though I wasn’t always obsessed with the dopamine rush derived by meaningless digital trinkets. Back then if a game didn’t grip me within an hour or two I’d generally quit and start something else, which was probably the case with WD1. I only really started going after platinums on everything I played after lockdown last year, before that I had a few on games I really enjoyed but that was about it. The strange repercussions of covid huh?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah no game is for everyone in my experience, it’s possible that maybe you weren’t in the mood for a sandbox at the time though… if that was the case and you’re ever fancying a GTA-like in future it might be worth digging it back out. Or if you never played Sleeping Dogs, I really enjoyed that also.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Ah, that makes slightly more sense. I was thinking "Wow, I'd heard it was pretty mediocre, but I thought it was at least playable!" which @Voltan just confirmed. Will be interesting to see whether time (and lockdown) has softened your opinion towards it, should you return.

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I did finish Sleeping Dogs and liked it a lot
I could never get into any GTA btw

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah it was an awesome little game fair play… although it’ll never happen I’d love a sequel. GTA-wise, it (GTA3 to be precise) brought me back to gaming after I discovered drink, drugs and boobies and fallen off of gaming during the PSone era.

For a while there GTA games were the only thing I’d play, things change though and I’d be in no particular rush to play GTA6.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore So I take it that playing WD1 is not really a necessary prerequisite to playing, enjoying, and understanding the story of WD2? I too have had it on the fringe of my “maybe one day when I’m in a specific mood” list. It’s way down the list, mind, but your enjoyment has me more curious.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution no very little connection at all from what I could gather... just one small side-quest that went nowhere really. In regards to if/when you decide yo draw it from you backlog... definitely wait until you're in the mood for 'something' akin to GTA. Maybe that won't happen but if it does, you'll have the perfect game to slot in 👍

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@johncalmc Some great fights at the end but I found the whole ”haha, I’m Korean!”, “gasp, so am I!”, “and me!!” got a bit silly at the end but the Yakuza plots are always a bit daft/camp.

There are certainly more ridiculous bits in other games.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic