Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 5,525

RogerRoger

Happy to see the back of Conflict: Desert Storm II just now. Out of its ten missions, two managed to drag themselves out of the cesspit and reach "just below mediocre" status.

Don't ever let me get another of these games, please. Not even if they're less than a quid.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just finished the story of Ghost of Tsushima, bit of mopping up to do for the Platinum but done a big chunk of it during my play through… magnificent game. Probably one of my favourites of all time and I will definitely play the Directors Cut in the future.

@TraCruz @Thrillho @Jimmer-jammer just to echo the great things you guys have previously mentioned about GoT… I frikkin’ loved it! Will be a bit sad when the Plat pops actually. I’d place it there or thereabouts in my top 5 games ever.

Also, I couldn’t help but feel some narrative and thematic similarities to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight while playing it… maybe it’s just me as I love those films so much but Jin reminds me a lot of Nolan’s Batman… though he obviously kills a helluva lot more baddies.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- here you go dude:

colonelkilgore wrote:

Just finished the story of Ghost of Tsushima, bit of mopping up to do for the Platinum but done a big chunk of it during my play through… magnificent game. Probably one of my favourites of all time and I will definitely play the Directors Cut in the future.

@TraCruz @Thrillho @Jimmer-jammer just to echo the great things you guys have previously mentioned about GoT… I frikkin’ loved it! Will be a bit sad when the Plat pops actually. I’d place it there or thereabouts in my top 5 games ever.

Also, I couldn’t help but feel some narrative and thematic similarities to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight while playing it… maybe it’s just me as I love those films so much but Jin reminds me a lot of Nolan’s Batman… though he obviously kills a helluva lot more baddies.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore dude, I’m glad to hear it sounds like it hit you about the same as it hit me! I realize it doesn’t do a whole lot of new or groundbreaking things but the package that Sucker Punch delivered as a whole completely, well, sucker punched me. I completely agree with you about the story and about Jin - I thought he was one of the most well realized, well acted and nuanced characters I’ve ever seen in a game. I could truly feel his plight. Though I’ve made technically more impactful choices in games before, I’ve never felt the weight of a choice like the one at the end. I was stun-locked on that screen for a while, just pondering. Quite the accomplishment.
Most of all, I absolutely loved the head space the game put me in as I was wandering the island - Jin’s island - my island. Without being preachy, the game challenged me psychologically on so many different levels. Constantly thinking about family, legacy, forgiveness, understanding, patience, strength, empathy and what it all means when your comfortable reality forces you to make big decisions - it all just came together beautifully.
Concerning gameplay, I thought they knocked it out of the park for a large open world title. Combat was always interesting to me, with just the right amount of freedom, and touches like the guiding wind were absolutely brilliant. I hope they double down on the duels in the next game and flesh them out even more as they were real highlights for me.
Anyways, I could go on forever about this one, glad you enjoyed it! Legends is worth checking out as well if you’re so inclined.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer The gameplay in Ghost is just sublime, I thought it was so intuitive how they handled the gear menus (Holding L1/L2 then D-pad or face buttons) and I know I seen a lot of complaints about it but the game not having a lock on never once bothered me.

@colonelkilgore If you truly love Ghost that much you owe it to yourself to not complete, but at least check out the online Legends mode. I'm completely down to run a story misson or two, and a survival mission but if you wanna run solo I completely understand. You just have to check it out before you ever say bye to Ghost.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

Well, this morning I started and finished inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood on PS3. For what I think was Sony's first attempt at an "expandalone" game, it was criminally short, and most definitely shouldn't have been separated from inFAMOUS 2. It only uses half the map, and has a meagre two-hour story about vampires which really doesn't fit the characters or setting.

But it was more time spent with Cole, and it played well. I actually appreciated it for not outstaying its welcome, because asking me to care about it for longer than a single session would've been cheeky.

Anyway, I'm all clear for the PS4 sequels now. It's about time!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer @TraCuz- so just logged out for the day and pretty much done, just some collectibles left. Would’ve had the plat if I didn’t take a few hours off to get some Doom mp in.

I honestly think Sucker Punch are up there with the absolute best developers in the business with this. I was always a fan since playing inFamous 1 & 2 on PS3 but most of the gaming public didn’t seem too keen on those… no ignoring them now though. In Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and Insomniac… Sony must have 4 of the top 5 or 6 developers out there!

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Just beat Control this morning, Now onto Return of the Obra Dinn and The Sinking City.

Control had a bangin' soundtrack imo and the last couple of areas were really fun, I really liked the final area and it certainly lived up to the expectations you guys gave me for it, when we were discussing it previously, thoroughly pleased with the fact that I saw this one through until I reached the end.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Thanks, hopefully they will!, congrats on beating GoT yourself by the way. Is it Doom next for you then?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman cheers Bud. I played a little Doom multiplayer yesterday, was fun too… but essentially I’m a single player gamer who plays mp to get plats. I’m gonna start the campaign next week but for the rest of this week I’m gonna play A Plague Tale. Have you played that at all… if not it seems like something you may like?

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Great! So glad it connected with you. Yeah, the Ashtray Maze is just about the perfect mix of audio, visual, and gameplay goodness. I loved how when you finish it Jesse says “That was awesome!” Or something like that. 😅
Here’s hoping for news on Control 2 soon!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah I think that was her transitioning from awe-struck newbie to complete bada** with her confrontations with the Hiss by that point in the game.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman congrats! The last area of the game, drenched in red, is burned into my memory. I thought it was pretty epic. I’m glad to hear it all worked for you. It really is an excellent game.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Thrillho

And that's a wrap on Ghost of Tsushima for me too!

Overall time was about 65hrs but it never felt that long. Great combat, wonderful location, superb music. I might have to hop onto Legends mode and see how it goes but the DLC can't come soon enough!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Good to see you loved the game too. And I have to say that "I would never kill my family" either. And tagging @TaCuz- in for that one too.

Great finish to the game too.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

I beat Yakuza 3 yesterday. Had me in tears at one point. I loved it and I think the story/substories are probably as good as Zero. I loved the Okinawan Yakuza. Out of the four games I've played so far I rank them like this (1 is best, oblivion is worse)

1. 3/0
2. Kiwami 2
Oblivion. Kiwami

Kiwami ain't that bad but it's nowhere near as good as the other 3 games I've played. Story and substory-wise anyway

See ya!

TraCuz-

@Thrillho Yo man, preciate the tag! Also great choice , if you want a friend for Legends mode let me know I'm down to run some over the weekend.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Thrillho

@ralphdibny If you enjoyed 3 that much you’ll be fine for the rest of the series as that’s universally regarded as the worst of the lot!

There’s lots I like about it but it’s the most bloated of all the games (I think there are 120 substories??). Y4 is quite the change with you taking control of a number of different characters which keeps the game much more interesting.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic