Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 5,525

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore No idea, I was going to play U1 and U3 but I don't want too much of the same thing, I might give Call of Cthulhu or Virginia go for a more relaxing change of pace. You? What's next on the list?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I felt the same. I place UC4 slightly above it, but I really to revisit both games again at some point. I have fond memories of both

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah that’s how I do it too, it’s not worth ruining something you’d really enjoy by oversaturation. I’m just mopping up the solo stuff (collectibles) on AC: Unity and fitting in some Remnant from the Ashes when my mate and I can find a time we’re both free.

I’m gonna concentrate on my PS3 backlog next week so I’m hoping to clear God of War: Ghost of Sparta, God of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid... and hopefully the co-op on AC: Unity.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Hey where are you with your Persona 5 playthrough? Made any progress?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Kidfried

@TheBrandedSwordsman Nice, man! I have fond memories of that game.

@colonelkilgore Uncharted 4 is a very well made game. It was certainly not my favorite game in the series if I'm honest. I really appreciated a lot of moments within the game, though some things went on for a bit too long.
Lost Legacy in my opinion is a perfection of the formula, maybe its highs are a little less high than blockbuster Uncharted 4, but LL is a game without any padding; it's fun from start to finish.

Anyway, play both of them. The reception of both of these games have varied from gamer to gamer, but the experience these games deliver will undoubtedly be worth your time.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@TraCuz- I’m embarrassed to say that no, I haven’t progressed this week. Too much distraction by my PS5 and Hitman. 😄
Maybe I’ll get it done this weekend. I’ll tag you if I do. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts though!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried Uncharted are a series (well I’ve only played 1, 2 & 3 so far) that I never feel like playing but when I do start one I always quite enjoy it. Considering the high esteem Naughty Dog are held in, they don’t really appeal to my specific gaming tastes. That said, they can sure create compelling characters and narratives... but I just find the actual gameplay of their output (& I’m yet to play U4, U:LL & TLoU2) to be fairly run-of-the-mill.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Hey I don't blame you I keep having this internal conflict with myself where I love it to pieces and I don't want it to end but also I'm a bit exhausted on it and want to get rid of the colossal weight of completing it. Right now I'm on this tiring battle with an S rank Mementos target and I shudder at the thought of booting up the game.. But I'm right there at the end. Might just skip the target and continue with the Royal story content. I really wanna get it out the way so I can focus on Returnal, Mass Effect, and FF14. Looking forward to the discussion, because the ending is so good with some nice twists.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

colonelkilgore wrote:

Uncharted are a series (well I’ve only played 1, 2 & 3 so far) that I never feel like playing but when I do start one I always quite enjoy it.

@colonelkilgore Quoted for truth. I'm a huge Uncharted fan, but I start them grudgingly, and have to remind myself of my more positive feelings from partway through in order to get the disc in the console.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore You are in a similar place to me with the Uncharted series, I've played the first 3 games but yet to start the 4th game. I've owned it for years and it is still in its cellophane, but I always find an excuse not to play the game. The latest is that I'm waiting for a PS5 update lol. I enjoyed the games but they are nowhere near my favourites or anything, and I much prefer the recent Tomb Raider games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah very similar. I’ve only played the first of the new Tomb Raider Games (I have Rise and Shadow... as well as U4 and U:LL waiting on the shelf) and I did enjoy it. From the little experience I’ve had the new Tomb Raider games feel a little less linear to the Uncharted games, although I’ve heard that U4 and LL have more of an open-world(ish) format than the original trilogy so maybe they’ll be more to my taste. I do like Drake and Sully more than Lara as characters though.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I've always said (along with others) that Uncharted does characters and story better, whilst Tomb Raider does exploration and combat better. Which is probably why I prefer the Tomb Raider games, as like yourself I'm more of a gameplay guy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I feel the same with regards to Uncharted gameplay. But those games can be really good when you set your expectations right.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried yeah don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy them... and I enjoyed the Last of Us too but I just don’t hold them quite as highly as most do. Having said that, when that Uncharted music kicks in during an action set-piece, it certainly hits the spot.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder
Untitled

Guess it'll be interesting to see which side of the fence the forthcoming Indy games falls, whether it's a linear cinematic adventure (like Nate) or balanced with good gameplay (like Lara).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger once Indy is released I think with three series’ we can actually call it a subgenre... ‘action-archeology’?

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Lol, so for unofficial sub genres that were inspired by a game or group of games— we’ll have Souls-like, Metroidvania, Rogue-like, Ubisoft towers, Arkham-style combat, ... trying to think of some others... 🤔
And now soon to be ‘action-archaeology’ or ‘Indy-likes’ 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic