Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 5,530

sorteddan

Well have just finished main campaign storyline on Control and I have to admit I really enjoyed the game. It's weird, obscure and quirky but so am I and maybe that's why I liked it. Still gotta go back for sidequests and random trophies but if anyone was on the fence I would recommend giving it a go.
I enjoyed using Jedi (not Jedi) powers to chuck objects at enemies, dodging about while energy refills. Some of the NPCs were well written - especially check out the Finnish janitor - he rocks. Some of the collectables really quite amusing (Memo: "my feet gossip at night and now I have to wear shoes to bed" - so irreverent I loved it!).

Not a game I would probably have paid for but happy to plough through as part of clearing my ps+ backlog

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan Glad you enjoyed it man, I had similar thoughts as you. I loved the combat. I saw a vid on YouTube which explained a bit about the game and the importance of Ahti to the overall universe, which made a lot of sense.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

straw-hat-crew

Recently beat YS IX MONSTRUM NOX.
Now playing a backlog game, Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary edition.
= YS IX is probably my favorite YS game that i've played, ( I played Origins, Ark of Napishtim, Celceta, YS Seven, and YS VIII). I enjoyed the mystery, the story telling, characters and overall setting. The city isnt as drab and same-y as one would assume and it does open up and each area of the city has its own unique flair to it. Gameplay is always fun and definitely looking forward to YS X; probably five years from now or something.

Be Kind and Support Each Other.

pilot

@Thrillho Where is the Venator Wreckage? I dont think I know where it is. I still have only 70% exploration on zeffo and over 90 for everything else so I'm guessing its there.

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

Thrillho

@pilot Yeah, it’s on Zeffo. The wreckage itself is pretty hard to miss in the Crash Site location but it’s very easy to miss the entrance when you’re on the way to the second tomb on the planet.

It’s not a vital area but there are plenty of chests, a small storyline, and it’s a pretty cool looking location!

Thrillho

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Can you remember what that vid was called?, I may have to check it myself.
@colonelkilgore
My favourite moment was as I was reaching the end of the ashtray maze with that pounding metal track I thought to myself "that was pretty awesome", a few seconds later as I got to the end Jesse exclaims "that was awesome" - so yeah, fair to say I connected with her on that.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan the ashtray maze was a stand out moment... I enjoyed pretty much everything though. The action at the end was pretty cool too.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan @colonelkilgore Ah yes, the Ashtray Maze! Definitely a highlight! One of those rare moments in video games when the visuals, audio and gameplay all combine together to make an almost perfect scene.

Here is the video. Spoilers for anyone that has not completed the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I finally finished and got the platinum for Astro’s Playroom over the weekend.

Such a brilliantly crafted game that shows off the new controller brilliantly. There are so many clever ideas in there that never outstay their welcome. The collectibles are fun to find and the activity card mechanic works really well to help you find any missing ones. The ability to zip between levels so quickly is amazing too.

Each level has brilliant charm to it and cleverly plays to the part of the PS5 it represents. And it’s great fun to recognise the games the bots are playing out.

It’s one of those games that will definitely put a smile on your face and I was grinning from ear to ear when the Demo 1 T-Rex appeared as a boss at the end.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Despite all the useless bits of gaming trivia held in my brain, I genuinely thought that the T-Rex boss in Astro's Playroom was a reference to the original Tomb Raider. It's only when it evolved and became more of a thing that I stopped and thought "Hang on a second, I think I've made a mistake here. I don't think I'm getting this reference after all." Some quick Google searching later, and suddenly it all made sense. Had no idea it was even a thing. A deep cut indeed!

Glad you (finally!!) got to play it, and that it proved worth the wait!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Your lack of Playstation knowledge disappoints me. Please hand in your avatar and username to sammy on the way out.

The completed artwork from all of the puzzle pieces is great too. The game gets the level of soppy nostalgia just right for someone like me.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Sorry. Do I have permission to buy an Xbox now?

That whole mural was a thing of beauty. So many little details on it which made me smile. It's such a feel-good experience for fans.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I wouldn’t make anyone get an Xbox 😱 #sonybro

I’m just disappointed in myself at how many of the bots tableaus I didn’t recognise. I did like how even the trophy names were references too though!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I had to send a screencap of one to a friend for confirmation because, thanks to a sudden and specific flash of retrograde amnesia, I wasn't sure whether they were acting out Tekken or Street Fighter. In my defence, I was very tired that day!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just finished off the story of Assassins Creed: Unity with 100% sync, just the remaining 39% of trophies to pop now. Bit of a collect-a-thon and some co-op to co-ordinate so could take some serious hours before the plat.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

I just beat Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. A premium piece of DLC wherein gorgeous vistas abound, plentiful and splendid, pleasing to the eye. Chloe and Nadine were great characters throughout the game, as well as another character who shows up at a certain point in the game, whose identity I won't reveal for fear of spoiling it for someone who hasn't got to that point yet.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman nice, I’m still to play U4 and U: LL but all this talk of it lately has certainly wetted my appetite for both of them. What you playing next?

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Awesome! Glad you liked it. I figured you would.
Do you like it better than UC4? How do you like the more openness of the gameplay?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I think it was almost as good as UC4, the more open gameplay was good, but not really significant enough to be incredibly noticeable throughout the game. How did you find it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic