Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 5,530

Gremio108

My youngest son persuaded me to put Knack II on earlier... and we completed it! Fun game, much more tolerable than the first Knack, which I still haven't completed, come to think of it.

@crimsontadpoles I played the demo of Impossible Lair recently and came away very impressed. Enjoyed it enough to look out for it in a sale, definitely.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

That’s me finished Metro 2033. I really enjoyed it, the atmosphere was excellent and while the shooting and animations were very last-gen, the story was brilliant and elevated it. My only real gripe was that you had to follow an extremely slow NPC almost constantly but other than that, I had a great time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett What system did you play it on? I hear it suffers a bit on ps4. It will probably be the next game I borrow from my dad.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I didn’t notice too many problems on PS4 to be honest, a few frame rate drops maybe but I encountered more annoying bugs than performance issues.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Just finished Resident Evil 0 I got in a sale to get me in the mood before Resi 3 Remake. I forgot how awkward the fixed camera and tank controls were. Still I'm chuffed I beat it on Hard (no comment on the rank D, 37 saves).

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Arugula Glad to hear you enjoyed Killzone Shadow Fall so much! It's an undeniably cracking FPS, feels so chunky yet responsive to play. You're making me wanna give it another run!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Just discovered the trophy for completing Resi 0 on hard didn't pop. I stopped myself a couple of times from knocking down the difficulty and persevered for nothing.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

jdv95

@BearsEatBeets have you tried synchronizing your trophy list with PSN manualy?

might fix it.

jdv95

BearsEatBeets

@jdv95 Yeah no good unfortunately. I even tried reloading my last save just before the final battle and doing it again but still nothing. Oh well it's just one silver trophy, just a shame when I could have had a more chill playthrough.

BearsEatBeets

Kidfried

Catherine.

I had low expectations for this game going in. I think it received 7/8' upon release or something. I remember back in the day thinking "this is really not for me"

Well, I was wrong. I pretty much enjoyed everything about the game: puzzles, writing, graphics, cutscenes, music, the mature themes, etc. Hit close to home too.

Thanks to Corona I was really bummed out on going the week before I started Catherine. Preferring contact with others over the solitary act of gaming, but this game just pulled me back in completely.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Congrats on beating Resident Evil 0 @BearsEatBeets!

I played it for the first time last year and I... Really didn't enjoy it all that much. The way the inventory was handled in it was probably the worst thing about to me... especially that damn useless hookshot you had to ferry around to use a grand total of three or so times 😂

-Edit- Shame about that trophy not popping either!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

@Kidfried
Catherine was great fun, I was awful at it but the story was great, not tried the newly updated PS4 release mind you.

@BearsEatBeets
Always frustrating when trophies don't unlock unexpectedly, unlucky.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I was gonna suggest the "reload your last save and try forcing it" approach, but it sounds like you've tried everything. Sorry to hear! Especially since I can't find widespread reports of similar; usually a glitched trophy is quite common. At least you're unique!

@Kidfried As a fellow "this game really isn't for me" bystander of Catherine, I'll just say that I'm really pleased to hear the game has helped you survive the current climate.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah having to constantly drop things to pick up other things (especially that hookshot) was a pain. I've never found the inventory system as restrictive in the others in the series. It made me realise how much the games have improved in many areas.
@LieutenantFatman @RogerRoger Thanks, it's annoying. I couldn't find any mention of a glitch either so it must be super rare or I somehow made a mistake right at the start and it didn't register me picking Hard. I'm 99% sure I did though but realised when I started checking that nowhere does it tell me what difficulty I picked and you can't change it at any point to see. Oh well, if I was going for the Platinum I would be more bothered but there is too much repetition for me to be fussed.

I made up for it this morning by beating the last couple of side bosses in Control and getting the Plat for that. Think I've matched my total for last year already.

BearsEatBeets

HallowMoonshadow

Being able to put things safely down is a pretty neat feature @BearsEatBeets and was no doubt pretty impressive at the time for the gamecube to remember all that... but then making the really important items/useful weapons two slots big? Yeah that inventory management is god awful and the main reason I'll never touch that game again!

That dumb bat boss can bugger off too 😂

I did really like the opening on the train though at least with the tightly packed corridors and unique setting. I'll give Resi:0 that at least

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@BearsEatBeets Oh wow, that sucks RE: the trophy.

I do like collecting trophies for games I love, but, at the same time, I don't like how they often make me feel like I've done a substandard job of completing a game when, in the absence of them, I would have been perfectly satisfied with my playthrough. Or how they can inspire me to play a game through in a way that I probably wouldn't have wanted to otherwise, like you with RE0 on Hard Mode.

Well, YOU know you beat the game on Hard. You don't need a little digital sticker to legitimize that accomplishment, even if it would have been nice. Admittedly, I'd have probably been a bit salty as well if I'd played through HZD again on the hardest difficulty and hadn't had the corresponding trophy pop.

Pats your back

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BearsEatBeets

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I got quite far into the game before I realised I could just put stuff down anywhere. I got used to putting things into the chests in safe rooms. Yeah that stupid Bat boss took a fair few attempts to get passed. I was beginning to think I might have to go back to an earlier save and try and get there with more stuff but eventually scraped it. Also hated the leech-men.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Ralizah Cheers. Yeah, missing one trophy on a 12 hour (for me) game I'm not going to try for a Plat is much less bothersome than if it happened on a huge game like Horizon. I nearly got glitched out of getting the Platinum in the Witcher 3 so that would have been much worse.
When I first finished that game I thought I had collected all the gwent cards for that trophy but it hadn't popped. I owned the game guide so I went through the list in the back and ticked off the list to be sure and I did have them. I decided to leave it as there were some other trophies I didn't have. I got both of the DLC but decided to wait for them both before playing but discovered they had patched in a book into the game which you could buy and it would track which cards you needed. So I loaded up my old save and went to the shop and got the book. As soon as Geralt walked out the shop the trophy popped and it made my day. Getting the book must have fixed the game into realising I had them all.
Subsequently I decided to replay the whole game on Deathmarch before doing the DLC.

But yeah I generally have to really like a game to go for the hard mode but I strangely chose it from the start for Resi 0. I really like games like Horizon/God of War that keep difficulty separate.

BearsEatBeets

HallowMoonshadow

Everything involving the Leeches was bad @BearsEatBeets (The story is complete nonsense even for Resi game lol) I only fought the Leech-Men in the final two areas though... dodged the ones that popped up in the mansion quite easily... But yeah they were a pain even on normal! 😂

Ralizah wrote:

Admittedly, I'd have probably been a bit salty as well if I'd played through HZD again on the hardest difficulty and hadn't had the corresponding trophy pop.

I remember seeing the post on you starting it but I must've missed that post on you beating it (That or my memory is going!) ... Belated congratulations on beating Horizon on Ultra hard @Ralizah!

andreoni79

Few days ago I finished Kingdom Come Deliverance and all its DLC. 200 hours of slow but real(istic) fun! If the sequel will have no tech issues (pop in and slow loading time for textures) it will be a glorious RPG.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic