Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 5,530

KALofKRYPTON

Well, that's Lost Legacy and the Uncharted Series done.

Felt like a bit of a slog at times - but what a wonderfully cinematic set of games. Consistent high quality throughout and one of the best series to showcase the evolution of hardware and software tools available to PlayStation developers.

Regarding the ranking; Uncharted: The Lost Legacy takes the top spot for me. I love Claudia Black, and the performances of her and Bailey, the script, story, pacing, brevity and the underlying Uncharted 4 engine all add up to the best experience of the series.

So my Uncharted ranking:
The Lost Legacy
Among Thieves
A Thief's End
Drake's Fortune
Drake's Deception
Golden Abyss

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

@RogerRoger if I were to rank them as of now? 🤔
Among Thieves
A Thief's End
Drake's Fortune
Drake's Deception
Golden Abyss

There really isn't that much in it though. I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees and they all come complete with almost identical frustrations too.

I'd say 2 and 4 are on par though. That epilogue for ATE was lovely bit of icing on the cake of a wonderfully constructed game.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 There's really not much in it for the top three to be honest. Or even the bottom three!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 It was pretty rough feeling going back to it initially. I played them in release order - so picked it up after I'd done Uncharted 3 (remaster). It took me a while to adjust, but I do still really like Golden Abyss.

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
I'm playing it right now, jumped straight back into it, found several new areas and secrets after unlocking new abilities. It's a very enjoyable game. Just got myself upto 7 health.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

I finished Plague Tale:Innocense end of last week on XB1 and really enjoyed it. A little repetetive in places but the world, plot and voice acting were really good with some horrific imagery.

No idea what made me think about trying this little beauty out. No idea at all.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks for tagging me with your rankings; I thought you might be putting The Lost Legacy somewhere at the top, if not in pole position. Glad we agree!

And even moreso that you enjoyed rinsing the series from start to finish, of course!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD you gunna play the second one? It’s really quite different, I didn’t like it tbh. I mentioned before but you didn’t have Sparx to point out the gems in the original version of Spyro 1 so it was really hard to 100%.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah giving them a break between games is absolutely the way to go. I struggle to go back to games once I’ve shelved them unless I really love them but you don’t seem to have that issue.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tjuz

@Rudy_Manchego Seems like we're in-sync! Just finished Plague Tale earlier today and have to echo your sentiments. It definitely got on my nerves occasionally, specifically with the dodge and jump being on the same button, but overall it was a surprisingly enjoyable experience. All the narrative stuff definitely carried the entire game. I did love having companions with me pretty much throughout! I also felt it did a good job at shaking it up every chapter by constantly introducing new mechanics, so even when it started feeling a bit repetitive there was still something new to play with. Not to forget, a truly gorgeous game considering the budget it was made on. I hope the success of this game means we'll be seeing more similar, linear adventure games very soon. Maybe a sequel at some point as well...? Very much recommended to anyone reading.

Tjuz

Rudy_Manchego

@Tjuz Hey yeah - weird! I recommend too and echo all your sentiments. I thought the companions did a great job of not being annoying and helpful and the stealth wasn't too punishing. I could be wrong but I think a sequel has been announced.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

crimsontadpoles

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair on PC. It was a fun adventure. After a quick tutorial, it's then time to take on the Impossible Lair. It wasn't easy, but I managed to survive and make it to the end. And that was it, game completed.

I'm just kidding. Though it is technically possible to conquer the Impossible Lair and defeat the big bad at the very beginning, it would be insanely difficult and near impossible to do so. The rest of the game involves exploring an overworld and 40 levels in order to rescue the beettalion guards (there's a lot of bee related puns in this game). Any rescued beettalion members will help you out in the Impossible Lair. Even with all 48 guards, it is still very tricky, and took me a lot of practice to complete.

The rest of the game is pretty good overall. There's an alright variety of levels, such as towns, jungles, and factories. The level design is rather well done for the most part. The controls took me a while to get used to, but they felt pretty solid once I got the hang of rolling. There's plenty of hidden collectables to find as well.

So overall, I quite enjoyed this game.

Thrillho

@crimsontadpoles You’re the second person to discuss this game on here and it’s certainly one on my radar as I love an old school platformer.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

Just finished Hollow Knight, very good game, had a lot of fun with it and I highly recommend it. Was considering going for the really difficult platinum trophy, but I saw there's a way players can cheat to get it (and many have) so I decided to move onto the next game in my backlog. Which is for the best I think as I have a lot of games to get through!

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman Nice. Was it the pantheons that you gave up on? I wanted to platinum the game but struggled too much with the second or third one of those. Completing the Coliseum of Fools was enough for me!

Did you manage to do the infamous Path of Pain?

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Haha, no, but I just had a look at Path of Pain, looks worse than dark world out of Super Meat Boy. Bet they had some fun designing that.

I did get to the third pantheon, I feel I probably saved myself some stress there reading up on how rock hard the difficulty is on the endgame.

A few years ago I most likely would have forced myself to do all of it.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman I managed the Path of Pain (putting those enemies at the end is a dick move) and beat Nightmare King Grimm too. I stopped at the pantheons as it just wasn’t fun and I didn’t want to be left with such a bitter taste after such a marvellous game.

I’m looking forward to the new game but may hold off for a while seeing as they released so many updates to this game.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic