Forums

Topic: Danganronpa

Posts 341 to 360 of 435

PSVR_lover

@Blooper987 - thanks for the link, that’s very good news.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Blooper987

Spike Chunsoft said that they weren’t able to do all their 10th anniversary plans and the celebration will continue into the 11th anniversary. I kinda expected this since V3 hasn’t released on mobile yet, and we saw job listings for a new game a while ago. Hopefully we’ll get something neat!

klinik

If you loved Danganronpa, go play the Ace Attorney games.
Ace Attorney is so good that, when I played Danganronpa, I came away slightly disappointed because it wasn't as good. Still good, but Ace Attorney is like top 3 game series ever.

klinik

PSVR_lover

klinik wrote:

If you loved Danganronpa, go play the Ace Attorney games.
Ace Attorney is so good that, when I played Danganronpa, I came away slightly disappointed because it wasn't as good. Still good, but Ace Attorney is like top 3 game series ever.

I am playing Ace Attorney, Spirit of Justice as we speak. The are amazing games, similar to Danganronpa In several ways.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm surprised no one has posted anything that new Nippon Ichi Software game Tantei Bokumetsu (Detective Eliminator)

Untitled

The 14 detectives of the Detective Alliance - every one of them highly specialized in a unique field - find themselves cloistered together on the remote "Morgue Island". One of these, however, is actually a lawbreaker & the notorious serial killer "Yatzuzakikou," who is currently wanted for over 100 brutal murders.

With a killer among their midst and the body count fast rising, it will be up to high school student and wannabe investigator Wato Houjou to explore the island, hunt for clues, and interrogate each suspect before any more blood is shed, including their own. Wato will be able to call on each investigator's certain set of skills to help ascertain the killer's identity...

Untitled

... It basically sounds like Nippon Ichi's answer to Danganronpa... Just it seems to be played out like an rpg instead???

Here's a link to the video of the opening cinematic

Looks kinda interesting to me! No news of a western release yet (It's out on Switch and PS4 in May for Japan)

Also I spent exactly 100 hours in Danganronpa 1-2 Reload apparently according to that playstation end of year wrap up thingy.

I'm really not sure how that happened other then saying both games are much longer then I expected? I did mess around with school and Island mode a little... They musta been even bigger time sinks then I imagined though lol

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Tantei Bokumetsu looks interesting enough, so hopefully it'll be good (and also get a western release). Whether these sorts of games are great or mediocre always depends on the quality of the writing, so I'd be keen to hear what reviewers make of it.

And those Danganronpa playtimes aren't far off mine. I played 54 hours of D1, and 60 hours of D2. Those side modes sure do eat a lot of time.

HallowMoonshadow

I've only played one game before by Nippon Icchi, which was Disgaea 4 (And really was quite humorous at times), so the gameplay screenshot looks quite familiar presentation wise. I hope it does good with reviewers too.

As for Danganronpa 1.2 reload. I haven't finished up those modes... Yet alone read the novel "Danganronpa If" that's included in Goodbye Despair @crimsontadpoles so I've got quite a few hours left to go with those whenever I decide to finish up those trophy lists!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

I recently bought Paradise Killer on Steam which seems to be another detective game. Apparently it’s brilliant so I’ll definitely play it and share if it’s any good.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh neat. I've never heard of that game. I'll definitely be keeping it on my list of unlocalized games to keep an eye on, though.

The dating sim modes in the first two games (and the grindy arcade game in DR2) add a solid few hours to the mix, but they're frankly dwarfed by the gargantuan amounts of post-game stuff in V3. I spent 130+ hours getting the platinum trophy in V3, and the main game only took me 40 or so hours to beat, lol.

That was only possible because I played the games on Vita, though. I'd have never willed myself to sit at a TV for hours grinding the arcade games, unlocking all the main game trophies, completing the board game and JRPG modes, etc.

Considering the number of Japanese developers I like who are Sony loyalists to the bone, it sucks that Sony abandoned the portable market. I'd bet top dollar we'd have portable versions of games like Persona 5 and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim by now if they'd released a successor to the PS Vita.

@crimsontadpoles It's a pity we'll likely never get a proper translation of Danganronpa Zero, which contains integral aspects of the larger series lore that's underexplored in the rest of the franchise.

@nessisonett Nice. I almost played the demo on Steam last year, but got distracted and lost the opportunity to do so. Definitely curious to hear more about it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I don't think I have much left beyond the school/Island modes for trophies and some stuff like shooting 500 white noise @crimsontadpoles.

I might give Danganronpa If a read tomorrow with such a strong reccomendation!

I didn't realise when I wrote it earlier but I think the game was literally just revealed a day ago @Ralizah after some teases the past week which might explain why nobody's heard of it lol

I recall your 130hr platinum time for V3 quite vividly Ral!

I'm not really one for completing trophy lists (I have... 8 platinums? The only one I got last year was from NieR ) but I'll typically do it for a game I'm really enjoying. Or at least get as high a count as I can. Nier was a special case though seeing you could just buy them 😅

Oh I obviously plan on returning to Danganronpa V3 at some point... Maybe in a month or so? I'll restart it from the beginning of Chapter 3 as it and what I played of chapter 4 are honestly pretty hazy in my memory

PSVR_lover

“Oh I obviously plan on returning to Danganronpa V3 at some point... Maybe in a month or so? I'll restart it from the beginning of Chapter 3 as it and what I played of chapter 4 are honestly pretty hazy in my memory.”

I loved chapters 3 and 4, the story really picks up at that point.

PSVR_lover

Played it through several times, love v3.

Blooper987

@PSVR_lover Oh awesome! I haven't actually played any of the games yet (my parents prolly wouldn't let me get them). But the second I'm able to, I'm will buy every one of them. I've watched full gameplays of each game, except for Ultra Despair Girls, and I've seen both seasons of the anime. I absolutely love every single thing about them and the characters are absolutely amazing.

HallowMoonshadow

PSVR_Lover was quoting me if you didn't realise @Blooper987... I haven't finished it yet.

I was playing it around September last year and got partially through chapter 4 but ended up stopping as I wasn't quite feeling it. I was ill at the time and ended up dropping it alongside Dark Souls (Which I really wasn't enjoying despite loving it back on PS3).

I intend to go back to it at some point in the future. Sooner rather then later if I can. I haven't played through Ultra Despair Girls either (Which I got ridiculously cheap)

Blooper987

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy ah ok.

Let me know what you think about it once you finish. V3 has probably the best cast out of all the Danganronpa games. Love almost every character, there are a couple exceptions still tho.

Ahem Miu, Korekiyo, Ryoma Ahem

HallowMoonshadow

I'll be sure to give you a tag @Blooper987 when I do

Even with me being about halfway through I'd have to disagree about the cast of V3.

I found 2's characters to be much more enjoyable personally. G0The only characters that kinda fell flat for me in that set of characters were Sonia and Maihiru who... just felt like they were just kinda there really.

There's a lot more characters that I have niggles about in V3 similar to Danganronpa 1's cast.

I know I've still got a ways to go in V3 before it's over and done with but I'm not quite as endeared to this cast Though Kaede and Chapter 1 was absolutely brutal even if I had some slight hints that something was gonna happen to her

PSVR_lover

I found the cast of all three games to be wonderful. I also liked the cast of v3 the best, but all were very good.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.