Forums

Topic: World Cup 2018 | OT | Jules Rimet Still Gleaming

Posts 61 to 80 of 591

PS_Nation

Deutschland, Deutschland!!! An epic victory, Sweden also helped a lot, it was like they were playing with ten players. Mexico and Germany will advance imho.

PS_Nation

themcnoisy

Come on Engurrrlunddd we know your gonna win.

Super excited for today. BBQ, footy, beers and Street Fighter 2 with my mates. Life just doesnt get better than that. Come on Ry.... I mean Henderson.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

roe

5-0 today would be nice.

roe

Gremio108

I'd like to see Sterling score today. There seems to be a bit of a bandwagon gathering speed against him.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

kyleforrester87

If you're reading this England, and let's face it, of course you are, I want to see a big convincing win today with some sexy finishing and stunning free kicks.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

Have been hearing the roars across town and just checked the score.

What in blazes is going on?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87 Well you wanted goals!! I still blame you for Sweden's loss though for speaking too soon!!

5-0 would be nice but almost disappointing now. You would hope that they go on and add to this scoreline rather than take their foot off and cruise through the 2nd half. I wouldn't be disappointed if we see 2 or 3 more added and we give some of the other players a run. Of course only 3 can come on and I would like to see TAA come on rather than be dragged to Russia for the 'experience'.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

kyleforrester87

@BAMozzy I wonder if Panama are going to try and defend to save embarrassment or go all in and leave themselves wide open.

I don't know what you talk about in the dressing room when you're 5-0 down to be fair.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

PS_Nation

England x Panama is like Germany x Brazil.

PS_Nation

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87 Well its 6 now - fortunately and Kane has his 'hat-trick' without actually having to work for it - 2 pens and a lucky deflection (for him) but now he is rested.

I guess the team talk is quite easy - keep doing what you were, keep pressing, don't get complacent and stay focused. Certainly don't get carried away and think the game is over - although in this game, its a one off and its only points that will matter. When LFC were 5-0 up against Roma, conceding goals could have made a big difference in the return Leg. I know GD may make a difference between first and second in the group but the way things are going, it maybe better to finish 2nd anyway. Its a lot easier than the team talk if you are 5-0 down....

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PS_Nation

Panama scored, the supporters go wild, lol.
Always important to remember: USA couldn’t qualify on Concacaf.

PS_Nation

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87 I misread - oops! Maybe to keep your heads up, try and correct the mistakes - 2 pens for example and say if England can score 5 in 45mins, then so can you if you get your heads up.

Its been better from Panama and they got a goal - some of that may be down to England taking their foot off..

Kidfried

Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Spain are all not in the peak shape they had a few years ago. I'm not expecting anything extraordinary from them, to be honest.

To me these are the teams that I consider possible world champions: Croatia, England, France and Belgium.

But, we'll see. Ronaldo might end up taking Portugal to the finals just like last time!

Kidfried

BAMozzy

Well that was almost a disappointing 2nd half and honours even with a 1-1 2nd half score line. Panama had joy down the left after Trippier left - they had more pace - should have given TAA the opportunity to come on... Oh well lets see if Hamilton can triumph in France now...

YeYa

Damn England! Nice match!

PSN: YeYa_3

JohnnyShoulder

That first half has to be one of the best England performances in tournament football in recent times.

Panama were awful though. Not just in their lack of quality but in the dirty tactics they used at times in trying to get England playerd booked. Stupid defending at times too, the ref kept warning them about all the pushing and stuff in set plays yet they still continued to do it!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PS_Nation

Seriously, how Poland was the head of a group? That’s why they avoided friendlies, to keep the 8th place in the ranking. A really weak team.
Exit Poles.

PS_Nation

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.