Forums

Topic: What games are you looking forward to playing in 2021?

Posts 41 to 60 of 64

SweetSummerShunv

For my PS5 once the stock situation improves, other than this year's Demon Souls Remake, Spider-Man Miles Morales and Astro-Bot Playroom:
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War Ragnarok[?]

PC:
Hitman 3 [I'll suck up to the Epic exclusivity just for this]
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Far Cry 6
Kena
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Just listing those with a clear release window for next year

SweetSummerShunv

RogerRoger

@SweetSummerShunv Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, as I'm a newbie to PC gaming, but is there any particular reason you'll be getting Hitman III via the Epic store? Am just curious, given your additional comment about it, s'all.

Also, nice to meet another Hitman fan! Such an amazing series!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

My 2021 Wish List looks like this so far.

PS5 (New Games):
Returnal - March 19
Balan Wonderland - March 26
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Early 2021
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Early 2021
Praey for the Gods - Early 2021
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Early 2021
Horizon: Forbidden West - Summer 2021
Scarlet Nexus - Summer 2021
Evil West
GhostWire: Tokyo
God of War: Ragnarok
Gotham Knights
Hogwarts: Legacy
Resident Evil VIII: Village
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
Stray
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum (Next-Gen Exclusive?)

PS5 (Remakes/Remasters):
The Nioh Collection - February 05
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - March 02
Control: Ultimate Edition - March 02
Oddworld: Soulstorm - Early 2021
Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 Patch/Upgrade
Grand Theft Auto V
Little Nightmares II
Marvel's Avengers PS5 Patch/Upgrade

PS4 (New Games):
Hitman III (Free PS5 Upgrade) - January 20
Little Nightmares II (Free PS5 Upgrade) - February 11
Persona 5 Strikers - February 23
The Last Kids On Earth and the Staff of Doom - May 2021
NEO: The World Ends with You - Summer 2021
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Digimon Survive
Infinity Strash - Dragon Quest: The Adventures of Dai
Minimal Affect (Mass Effect Parody)
Psychonauts 2
Tales of Arise

PS4 (Remakes/Remasters):
Five Nights at Freddy's: The Core Collection - January 12
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Complete Edition - January 14
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake - March 18
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - April 23
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Spring 2021
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster - Spring 2021

Switch:
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - February 12
Bravely Default II - February 26
Monster Hunter Rise - March 26
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny - Summer 2021 (U.S. Switch Exclusive)
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Summer 2021
No More Heroes III
Shin Megami Tensei V

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

SweetSummerShunv

@RogerRoger well I'd normally avoid Epic Games but Hitman 3 is unfortunately going to be a timed Epic exclusive on that store, and given that the game like Metro Exodus is something I really look forward to, I'm going to compromise on my principles a bit as long as I ultimately do not end up spending more.

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

@SweetSummerShunv I never understood the anti-Epic thing, it’s not like Valve are any better. Steam literally used to destroy PCs in the early 00s and given the Epic Store hasn’t done the same in its first year and a bit, that’s fine by me. Plus they give me free games. Them paying for exclusivity sucks but I can’t really complain about it while on a Sony website, that would be rather hypocritical.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

SweetSummerShunv

@nessisonett Yes although I still prefer Steam followed by GOG, my reflexive antipathy towards all forms of Epic exclusivity has since died out quite a bit. My main gripes against Epic are the lack of storefront features (though these days given the general toxicity in Steam forums, I'm somewhat on the fence about having ALL of Steam's features) and poor price localization. I'm also more sympathetic towards smaller developers who have taken Epic's deals as otherwise they may end up going bust.

Also if you are learning to use UE, Epic's behaviours towards consumers are nothing short of saintly, and they've made an entire asset digital library free after they purchased the parent company behind it. Furthermore, Epic has even fully reimbursed all the purchases made from the asset store prior to Epic's takeover, and I got 400 bucks returned to me as a result. I certainly can't fault Epic for that!

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

@SweetSummerShunv Yeah, their approach with Unreal Engine is a godsend for up and coming devs. Some devs back in the day even ran a Kickstarter campaign literally just to afford an up to date version of Game Maker Studio! I think I would rather eat my money than give it to GOG but that’s a separate matter 😂

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona 5 Strikers
Shin Megami Tensei III HD Remaster
Shin Megami Tensei V
the God of War sequel
Horizon Forbidden West
Bravely Default 2
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
GhostWire Tokyo
Resident Evil Village
LotR Gollum
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Psychonauts 2
Scarlet Nexus
No More Heroes III
Guilty Gear -Strive-
Returnal

I'd also might as well throw in Demon's Souls and Miles Morales in there since even if they came out this year and even if I manage to order a PS5 this year there's no way in hell I'm getting it by end of year at this point

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ralizah

@nessisonett Steam sucked when it was new, but Steam was also the first major service of its kind, so expectations and standards were different. Besides, it's not like Valve was stuffing bills down the pants of greedy publishers in order to hold random third party releases hostage because they couldn't compete fairly otherwise with an almost universally beloved competitor.

Console-style timed exclusivity antics don't belong in the PC space. I'd rather burn my money than buy anything on the EGS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

Hand on heart, it would have to be Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles I see. To me it represents a break and change of scenery from From Software's Souls games. How is your Cyberpunk 2077 run going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

crimsontadpoles

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Lake could be great if you're in the mood for that kind of game.

As for me, Cyberpunk 2077 has been going slowly, as I haven't found much time to play it over this festive period.

Plus I've been getting distracted with Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. So far it's not quite as good as the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy, but it's still good fun.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Instead Valve take a much larger cut of the profits, meaning that Gabe Newell gets his payday while devs go under. Plus Darwinia was a Steam exclusive back in the day which was a nightmare when Steam used to completely crash my old PC and the devs were forced to stop selling it on their own website by Valve. If anything, the EGS is at least somewhat challenging Steam’s massive monopoly. Both are dreadful and partake in the worst of business practices. The reaction from PC gamers to the EGS is nothing short of bafflingly hypocritical.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

@nessisonett

nessisonett wrote:

Instead Valve take a much larger cut of the profits, meaning that Gabe Newell gets his payday while devs go under.

Yet everyone who isn't being paid to keep their games on EGS still scrambles to release on Steam as soon as possible, despite the presence of the EGS.

Also, 30% is the industry standard.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/07/report-steams-30-cut-...

Is the industry standard too high? Maybe. But it's silly to single Steam out for that.

nessisonett wrote:

Plus Darwinia was a Steam exclusive back in the day which was a nightmare when Steam used to completely crash my old PC and the devs were forced to stop selling it on their own website by Valve.

That sucks. And is also in the past. All you're really demonstrating is that EGS' standard business practices today are reflective of Steam at their early worst. Not a good look for Epic.

nessisonett wrote:

If anything, the EGS is at least somewhat challenging Steam’s massive monopoly.

Not really. The moment they quit paying to hold PC games hostage is the moment people forget about them for anything other than the occasional free game handout. Almost nobody has any love for the EGS.

It's also worth pointing out that the PC market isn't a true monopoly, given there are multiple successful storefronts to buy from. People gravitate to Steam because it's convenient, pleasant, and has multiple cool features that are exclusive to their service.

If Epic wants to compete in terms of how much of a cut they take and/or what services they provide, that's cool. If they want to create hit games and keep them exclusive to their service, that's cool too. What's not cool is that every time a game is announced for PC, PC gamers have to put a big asterisk next to it in their minds because they don't know if the publishers are going to yank it from Steam before launch thanks to an Epic payday.

nessisonett wrote:

Both are dreadful and partake in the worst of business practices. The reaction from PC gamers to the EGS is nothing short of bafflingly hypocritical.

What dreadful business practices in Steam up to today, then?

Also, isn't it hypocritical to complain about the percentage Steam takes while simultaneously playing on consoles?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

Gremio108 wrote:

Hand on heart, it would have to be Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

@Gremio108
Oh Gremio, I must say
I wondered why you worded it that way.
Then I realized it certainly that time
When people love to speak in rhyme.
‘Twas Christmas which began this all,
...my favorite Final Fantasy hero is Squall.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Onigumo

1- Nier Replicant
2- Spiderman Miles Morales
3- Cyberpunk 2077
4- Balan Wonderland
5- Kena bridge of spirits

ps: still waiting for lost soul aside and babylion fall

Onigumo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.