Forums

Topic: What games are you looking forward to playing in 2021?

Posts 21 to 40 of 64

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles I see. Well I'm certainly excited about both of them. With regard to Elden Ring, are you a fan of the Souls games in general? If so, which ones have you played and which ones have you beaten?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles Cool, well I hope they gel with you and do let me know how you fare with Dark Souls when you play it by giving me a tag!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@crimsontadpoles

It can take a while to fully appreciate them, I played Demons Souls back in 2010 due to the positive reception. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it but I had nothing else that I fancied playing at the time and just ‘forced’ my way through it. I remember thinking that it was quite a relief when it was over.

I moved on and forgot all about it, then when I was scratching about for something to play on PS4 I heard about Bloodborne’s great reviews and picked it up not even knowing that it was a souls-like. Very quickly I realised that it must’ve been made by the same people who made ‘that crazy PS3 game’ that I vaguely remember and I realised that it was the type of game I had been missing for over 5 years. I spent the next year or so playing through Bloodborne and the Dark Souls trilogy, then I played Nioh and The Surge, then I dusted of the PS3 and played Demons Souls again... and on and on.

Basically, you may have to force yourself to stick with it but if it does click (& that could take a while, though hopefully not 5 years) it’ll be more than worth the effort.

**** DLC!

ShaiHulud

The only ones with a confirmed release date that spring to mind are The Medium, Ratchet and Clank, Resident Evil 8 and Flight Simulator, but I'm sure when the years goes by there'll be plenty more to get excited about.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ralizah

@Thrillho lmao

Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to play it on a TV. I bought the Switch version for my sister as a christmas present, so I'm curious to see how playable it is in handheld mode.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Thrillho @Ralizah I just couldn’t imagine playing Civ VI with a controller! This new season pass style approach to DLC does my head in though so I refuse to buy it, if there was a full expansion next year instead of tiny packs then I’d be excited for that but alas.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gaming365247

I would have to list to many for my looking forward to playing in 2021 but heres a few starting of with any worthwhile sony exclusives like God Of War, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon forbidden west and when ever Gran Turismo makes it out. Other then that heres my top 5

• Hitman 3
  • Outriders (seems like i am the only one intrested in it around here)
  • Persona 5 strikers
  • Far Cry 6
  • Gotham Knights (if it makes it out next year)

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

mookysam
  • Hitman III [PS5]
  • Persona 5 Strikers [PS4]
  • Mass Effect trilogy [PS4]
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5]
  • Disco Elysium [PS5]
  • Tales of Arise [PS4]
  • God of War Ragnarok [PS5] (Although I think this one will slip)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West [PS5]

Next year looks set to be the most jam packed for quite a while and I'm sure there are games I've forgotten. Most excited for Tales of Arise and Disco Elysium. ToA looks like it will be a massive shake-up for the series, and I'm really looking froward to seeing what they can do with their new engine. The old PS3 engine was holding the games back a bit (especially with Zestiria, ugh). Nintendo don't tend to announce games until they're right round the corner, so I'm also curious to see what they come up with. Hopefully Breath of the Wild 2!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ShaiHulud

I'm also quite looking forward to Lake, a relaxing-looking postie sim (look it up!), which is due in spring. Looks wonderful.

Sic semper tyrannis

ShaiHulud

@Gaming365247 Yep, that's the one! Apparently it's not coming out on PS though, just so you know.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon Forbidden West
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Deathloop

I would put Elden Ring and God of War Ragnorok in, but I'm not convinced either of them will be out next year and we seen so very little of both.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

I'm probably most excited to play Hades and Disco Elysium.

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Are you a fellow Souls Vet then? It's great to meet a kindred spirit. Do you reckon you will play Demon's Souls on PS5 once the consoles become more readily available? Where do you stand on Elden Ring?

colonelkilgore

@Draco_V_Ecliptic

Yeah the Miyazaki From Soft games are my favourite series of games of all time (I know they’re not all considered a series but DeS, DS, DS2, DS3, BB & Sekiro) I’ve plat’d them all bar Sekiro (I will return to it to get that plat though) and run numerous ng+’s on each of them.

I know what you mean about kindred spirits in regards to souls, I feel like I know a lot about a person, even if all I know is that they LOVE souls games. I actually have the Demons Souls Remake but haven’t started it yet, I really want to chip away at my PS3 backlog in particular (but also my PS4 bottle-neck). I will get to it though. I put a lot of hours into Code Vein earlier this year and eventually got the plat but not before it had soured me on it, so I’m waiting to feel the ‘urge’ to boot up another Souls-like. I have Ashen, The Surge 2 and Nioh 2 (as well as Demons Souls Remake and even Remnant from the Ashes... if we’re being a little looser with the sub-genre’s boundaries) waiting for me to get that urge back but I might just wait it out for Elden Ring (as long as we get news of a Q1/Q2 2021 release date). In all honesty DVE, it’s my most anticipated game... probably ever. The only thing that could get anywhere near it in terms of my personal excitement would be in the unlikely event that From Soft announced Bloodborne 2.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

I'm definitely on board for the following...

1) Spider-Man: Miles Morales (got the PS5 version, so am waiting for the console to play it)
2) Hitman III
3) LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
4) Mass Effect Trilogy
5) Horizon: Forbidden West
6) Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary
7) Gotham Knights

I'm sure some others will crop up to join that shortlist. Ratchet & Clank could be a thing, but I think I wanna wait for reviews. I got the previous game on PS Plus for free, so am not sure how I'd feel dropping £70 on its sequel at launch. Might go on the "will play eventually" pile.

Reading through everybody else's lists, well... we sure are a varied bunch around here!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.