Forums

Topic: What games are you looking forward to playing in 2021?

Posts 1 to 20 of 64

Ryall

Ys9: Ys8 is one of my favourite PS4 games and we know Ys9 is going to be good because it’s been out in Japan for ages.

Tales of Arise: Feels like a very long time since the last one came out. It will be interesting to see what they can do on last gen hardware now it’s not also shipping on a retro console.

Ratchet and clank rift apart: I recently played through 3 ratchet and clank games on PlayStation now and really enjoyed them. Hoping for a big multi-generation bum in performance

Ryall

Anti-Matter

@crimsontadpoles
"It's nearly the end of 2020. So what games are you most excited to play next year?"

Dance Dance Revolution UNIVERSE 3 XBOX 360.
Kinect games on XBOX 360.

Anti-Matter

crimsontadpoles

I'm a big fan of Hitman and Monster Hunter, so Hitman 3 and Monster Hunter Rise are the two big ones for me. And Nier Automata is one of my favourite PS4 games, so I'm keen to play the upcoming remaster of Nier Replicant.

Also, it's been a while now since I played Danganronpa 2, so I'll likely check out Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls early in the new year.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Ralizah

In terms of games confirmed for 2021, my top ten so far are these:

New Games:

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (Switch)
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (Switch)
Gnosia (Switch)
Horizon Forbidden West (PS4)
The Medium (PC)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Persona 5 Strikers (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)

I'm trying to only buy new games when I actually have the time and will to immediately play them, so we'll see how many of these I actually get to, but these are the new ones I'm excited for.

As for older games, I'm 100% getting to these ten gaes in 2021 barring injury or death...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC)
DOOM Eternal (PC)
God of War (PS4)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
Warioware Gold (3DS)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch)
Yakuza 0 (PS4)
Ys: The Oath in Felghana (Vita)
Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita)

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

New games I'm looking forward the most:

• Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Disco Elysium

Games that are still on my wishlist:

• Nier Automata
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Death Stranding

Kidfried

Ralizah

Kidfried wrote:

• Nier Automata

Can definitely vouch for this one. Very fun game!

nessisonett

@Ralizah You sure about the Switch version of Disco Elysium? There’s an awful lot of text in the game and I think I’d wreck my eyes if I tried to read it on that tiny screen 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I'm near-sighted. So, when I was playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I often played it undocked because it was easier to read the text in handheld mode than on our large-ish HDTV.

Blooper987

Next year will be my (probably) first year as a PlayStation owner! Looking forward to Kingdom Hearts, Spider-Man, and all the other amazing games!!!

nessisonett

@Ralizah Wow, I was tempted to buy one of those Game Boy screen magnifiers for the Switch because certain games’ text is just so small!

Ralizah

@nessisonett Do they make those for Switch?

It's actually one reason I don't like playing text-heavy games on PS4. The only way I can make out the words on the screen is if I sit in a chair or drag the couch comically close to the TV.

But Switch? Switch in handheld mode is great for reading. I mean, OK, if you combine microscopic text with the Switch Lite, I might do a bit of squinting, but, in general, it's so much more comfortable trying to read, since the screen is close to my face.

I guess it's fine on PC as well, since the monitor is also close to my face, but reading on a PC sucks. It's why I don't play too many visual novels, despite loving the format (choose-your-own-adventure books were favorites of mine as a child).

nessisonett

@Ralizah I play as many Visual Novels as possible on Vita or 3DS because they’re comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. The Switch is too heavy with the Joy-Cons too flimsy for me to hold to read a VN for more than 5 minutes. I wish the kick-stand wasn’t garbage as well, I sometimes put it on the table to play Tecmo Bowl with my brother but the kick-stand keeps falling down and stuff.

Ralizah

I'm increasingly tempted to add Bravely Default II to my list. The newest demo is a lot of fun.

@nessisonett Switch Phat is much more comfortable with a grip attached in handheld mode. The weight isn't too much trouble for me, since I don't make a habit out of holding it up over my face.

I've always found the Vita to be a bit uncomfortable. I can't wrap my hands around it like I want to since the stupid back touchpad does stuff, so I have to grip it on the very sides, and the analog sticks are fiddly little things. Grip helps a bit with that as well, but it's not as comfy as a Switch in any form.

Too bad none of the consoles have much in the way of VNs that aren't otome games. If I had the spare cash, I'd buy one of those GPD Win things purely for being able to play proper visual novels away from the PC.

Any new releases next year you're looking forward to besides Disco Elysium, btw?

Edited on by Ralizah

DerMeister

Probably the biggest title for me is Neo: The World Ends With You. The original game on DS is one of my favorite games ever, so I'm glad they finally have a sequel in the works. Other games I'd look forward to are Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West if it comes out in the coming year. Assuming I even get a PS5 soon.

As for other titles, since I recently bought the Devil May Cry HD Collection, I can look forward to playing the original DMC for the first time 20 years after it came out. If I can fix my controller problem on PS3, I can eventually play Mirror's Edge, which I bought a while back, but haven't played. If I ever beat Dragon Quest 7, I'll eventually get to Dragon Quest 8 and Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

nessisonett

@Ralizah Well, 2021 is looking a bit odd in terms of releases for me. A lot of the big games I’m not honestly that fussed about like Ratchet & Clank and Horizon.

Hitman 3 will be great, especially considering I already own 1 and 2 which means I’ll get the whole trilogy on PS5 in one package. Although I’ll probably get the PS4 version for VR.

The Medium really looks cool, especially since I’ll get it as part of my Game Pass subscription on PC.

I’ll get round to Bravely Default 2 after I play the first two games on 3DS as I loved Final Fantasy V and these games are basically spiritual successors.

I dunno about Monster Hunter Rise. A shame because I adore 4U and thought World was just OK but I find it hard to motivate myself to play Switch games. Maybe with the Pro Controller.

Deathloop could be good but I’ll have to wait for reviews.

Ys IX looks great and I’m in the middle of The Ark of Napishtim which has been decent so far.

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga could be fantastic and I’m hopeful but will wait for reviews on that one.

Gran Turismo 7 is my most anticipated game on PS5 at the minute but it’s Polyphony so god knows if it’ll even launch next year.

Ghostwire Tokyo also looks brilliant so I’m really looking forward to that but I’m not sure whether to go for the PS5 version or possibly get it on Game Pass PC.

God of War Ragnarok will probably be great but I haven’t seen gameplay so won’t comment on it yet.

Th3solution

I just now saw this thread and already stated this elsewhere, but I’m strangely most excited now for Returnal.
The gameplay shown recently just really piqued my interest. It looks amazing, visually speaking. And the combat looks so incredibly unique and kinetic. I was a pretty big fan of Resogun and this looks like the next evolution of the Housemarque formula into mainstream 3rd person action gaming. The game has a Tetris Effect vibe to it aesthetically — that being it just is mesmerizing to look at.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Brydontk

@Th3solution Same! I had ZERO interest in Returnal until 1. The gameplay trailer and 2. The revelation that it's going to be a 3D Rogue-Like.

Brydontk

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles Final Fantasy XVI , Hogwarts Legacy, Crimson Desert, God Of War: Ragnarok, Odin: Valhalla Rising, Elden Ring, Chrono Odyssey, Bleak Faith: Forsaken. How about you? Are you interested in any of those titles?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.