Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 678

KAIRU

@PixelDragon Welcome!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Th3solution

@PixelDragon Welcome! It’s a great community here, for the most part, and if you love gaming then it’s an awesome place to spend time. Not to mention lots of discussion about other types of hobbies and interests too.

Everything is filtered through a PlayStation-first lens, but a lot of the community is heavily into the other platforms too. Some are even console agnostic or even primary Xbox or Nintendo players but still prefer to engage here because the users tend to be really affable and insightful. Still, if you want the alternative viewpoints and deeper dives into the other ecosystems the sister sites for the other two gaming systems are fairly active, especially Nintendo Life, and your same log in account can be used on those sites as well.

But like you mentioned, there’s plenty of discussion about Xbox and Switch on their respective threads on here too, as well as scattered throughout other topics too.

If you’ve not noticed already, the comment sections of the main site’s articles can still be a bit of a minefield at times with some of the typical console war fodder, so don’t let that deter you. There’s some clowns over there that get carried away from time to time, but here in the forums is quite a different and more reasonable vibe. Both areas are heavily moderated through so there’s probably more order kept than in a lot the wild areas of the internet.

I hope you find Push Square enhances your enjoyment of gaming and other life pursuits; I know it has for me!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@PixelDragon Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@PixelDragon
Hello and welcome.
Make yourself comfortable and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@PixelDragon Welcome and it has gone very click baity on that other site, it won't end well for them I think. Very sad.
Anyhoo Your username &a avatar reminded me of the old Dragon 32, for some strange reason. If you don't know what the hell im talking about then never mind.

CaptD

Kidfried

@PixelDragon Welcome!

And I agree that the comment section is a pain to navigate. Luckily most of the comments on news articles aren't worth your time anyway, so maybe it's a good thing!

Kidfried

Ralizah

@PixelDragon Hi there~

As @Th3solution said, the general bias is obviously Playstation-centric, but some of us game primarily on other platforms and still have lovely discussions on here. It's one of the few gaming-centric communities left on the internet where I feel like the dominant tone isn't one of tribalism and overwhelming negativity.

Anyway, see you on the forums!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

@PixelDragon Welcome! Hope you have a good time here!
I think you’ll find that the forum users are a bit more platform agnostic here.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@PixelDragon Welcome aboard the boards! Hope you enjoy your time here!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ThinkDonald

Hi there,
I've been a long time PS fanboi and a very long lurker. Had some downtime & decided to make an account today Hope to contribute and become a part of the community. Mostly play console games but occasionally hop on the PC.

Edited on by ThinkDonald

ThinkDonald

KAIRU

@ThinkDonald Welcome!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

JohnnyShoulder

@ThinkDonald Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Cloud76

Hello , I'm new here . I have been a lifelong fan of Nintendo particularly the Metroid, Super Mario and Zelda series.

I grew up playing and adoring the Pc Engine and SNES,I really have good memories of these consoles.

My fav Nintendo games are: Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) and Super Mario World (Snes)

Happy to be here!

Cloud76

Thrillho

@Cloud76 Howdy!

The Nintendo consoles are a bit of a blind spot for me as the only ones I ever owned have been the Gameboy/Colour and Wii. And I probably used the latter for the virtual console more than anything else.

Thrillho

nomither6

despite me ***** on nintendo a lot , the only nintendo console i actually dont have is a wii u. funny right ?

nomither6

Cloud76

Thanks guys!

Cloud76

RogerRoger

@Cloud76 Welcome aboard, and hope you enjoy your stay!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic