Forums

Topic: The Presidium - A General Mass Effect Topic

Posts 101 to 120 of 347

Matroska

So my fellow UK people and others in the same timezone are presumably making their Shep right now. It'll be cool to see those early impressions.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

LordSteev

@RogerRoger Thank you sir. I usually like figuring this kind of thing out myself, but in this case, I really want everything to run chronologically accurate as I play through the whole story at once, so I appreciate your help! Sounds like for maximum story integrity, Arrival should come between 2 and 3, so I'll do it that way if the interface lets me. (In the hands-on review piece gracing the front page of this site, the author spoke of one opening menu that let you choose from each of the 3 games, but failed to mention how the dlc integrates with all of that.) Just under 4 hours now, and I think I'll be up all night! Have a great time with it, and please do one of your reviews when you finish! Enjoy your writing, even though I'm not familiar most of the time with the games you write up!

Edited on by LordSteev

LordSteev

LordSteev

@BearsEatBeets Awesome!

I'm fanboy enough to admit that even though I bought this digitally spur of the moment on a whim, I'm still going to get a physical copy next time I'm in town. And probably never open it, lol. Have a great time with it, I know I will in about 3 hours 45 minutes. N7!

LordSteev

Matroska

Pretty sure the Archivist trophy is bugged since I just got it at the point you get the Normandy. Not complaining - in the 360 version the equivalent achievement would never unlock for me. I got all codex entries multiple times across all playthroughs and it never popped for me, so this is some cosmic justice about 14 years later. 🎉

Matroska

nessisonett

@Matroska Hahahaha oh man, now I want to buy the game as soon as possible just to skip that trophy. Lord that was a nightmare back in the day.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Matroska

@nessisonett Yeah fortunately this time it's only required to get all primary entries - i.e. the voiced ones - but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have that before even taking command of the Normandy. Only 3% of people have it so far, so this is the easiest ultra rare trophy I've ever got!

Matroska

RogerRoger

@LordSteev As long as you familiarise yourself with each of the DLC names, you'll see them coming, as they'll appear on your available mission list at key points during each game. It's then your choice when to select them as your current objective.

Here's hoping that makes sense after your opening all-nighter! And thanks for reading my posts; I'll endeavour to write something up about Mass Effect, for sure!

@Matroska Glancing at the trophy list, I think they've made each game much fairer. Sectioning off the difficulty and romance trophies into the separate "Legendary" list is very welcome, and means I stand a semi-decent chance of actually earning a Mass Effect platinum someday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

So I sat down with the custom character creator and tried, from memory, to recreate "my" Shepard from an old playthrough on PS3. It did not go well; I basically ended up with Elon Musk. I immediately quit back out and started over and, after a couple more failed attempts, ended up here.

Untitled

I'm really happy with him. His name is Hayden, and he's an Earthborn Sole Survivor. For his class, I made him an Infiltrator, because it complements both my playstyle and my preferred squadmates.

Untitled

Untitled

The one thing I'm not happy with is the Photo Mode, but only because I've come straight from Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which boasts one of the all-time best. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to BioWare for including it, but it feels like a major downgrade, and its lack of a dedicated hotkey is infuriating. I'll keep wrestling with its various settings (or lack thereof) and try to get some good shots. At least its clunky nature means I might actually knuckle down and play the damn game.

Otherwise, zero complaints from me. This'll be my next couple of months, and then some.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Matroska

@RogerRoger Yeah, the photo mode is okay but there's no pose or facial expression settings and it's basically a screenshot function where you can change the framing. I have some baseless hope they'll add more to it with patches.

Nice character - we have the same two background choices too. I'm an Engineer, though. I'm saving Infiltrator for my Insanity playthrough since that's how I did it in the originals.

Untitled

Untitled

And with this, let the internet's millionth "post your Shep" series of posts begin.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

RogerRoger

@Matroska There's a chance they might expand it, if the demand is there. Depends on whether the series' plethora of fans embrace the feature, and flood social media with shots. At the very least, I can see them adding a few new filters, or a filter intensity slider. That'd be my first request.

I went with Engineer for my FemShep playthrough on PS3 (although I never finished the trilogy with her, something I keep meaning to go back and do). You've done a great job with your character there!

Making It So Since 1987

LordSteev

@RogerRoger Thanks again! It's been a sentimental journey so far. Nice Shepard! I'm going femshep as I think her voice acting is head and shoulders above the guys. I've scanned all my keepers, foiled some plans, and am getting ready to leave the Citadel for the stars! Really great how much this brings me back.

LordSteev

RogerRoger

@LordSteev Nice! You're a little ahead of me (just arrived at the Citadel, and debating whether to do everything aboard it before leaving, or spread it out between missions) but it sounds like we're having equal amounts of fun. Cool to see so many folks opting for FemShep, as well. I'm very fond of MaleShep's wooden, cheesy delivery, but can't argue that he's the lesser of the two actors!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I'm just about to start playing again from the Citadel where I stopped yesterday. @RogerRoger yeah the photo mode is very basic, it probably seems worse after Insomniacs outstanding one. I've opened the mode a couple of times but not actually kept any pics yet.

I've started with a Femshep Infiltrator, I've never done a full playthrough with either option. Almost always just a soldier for me and only did half a run of ME3 as Femshep. I can't remember why I never finished that run, something good must have come out I switched to and never went back. Still, I'm looking forward to giving Jennifer Hale a full trilogy play. I've stuck with the default look as I always find any I make in Mass Effect end up looking goofy.

Also I repeatedly ended up crouching on Eden Prime as gaming has conditioned me that pressing L3 is sprint and I don't think ME1 has a sprint option.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ApostateMage

That music on the title screen of ME1 is just pure sweet nostalgia. This is honestly one of my favourite games of all time.

Happy Sheping y'all.

ApostateMage

Matroska

@BearsEatBeets You've probably realised by now, but you hold X to sprint. You have about 2 seconds worth of stamina though, even when in a safe place like the Citadel, which makes getting around a bit tedious. And yeah, I kept ducking by mistake too. I also kept throwing grenades at first because I'd instinctively press Square to reload.

Matroska

BearsEatBeets

@Matroska I hadn't tried that so wasn't aware, so thanks for the tip. I'm happy enough with my jog speed at the moment but later in the game or in combat I'll probably want to sprint.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ApostateMage

Matroska wrote:

I also kept throwing grenades at first because I'd instinctively press Square to reload.

Glad I'm not the only one who kept doing this.

ApostateMage

Matroska

My memories can be quite inaccurate with ME1. I remembered the bit where you recruit Liara as simply being a smallish cave, not a pretty large lava level with the Mako. Here's Shepard shooting absolutely nothing just for the sake of an action shot.

Untitled

And that boss before you meet Liara is really quite tough - until you realise you can cheese him and his friends by running away and engaging at a great distance.

Also the mining laser infinite experience glitch still works. Nice.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

RogerRoger

@Arugula Blimey, am I the only person here playing as MaleShep?!

@BearsEatBeets @Matroska @ApostateMage Is there room for one more in your inadvertent crouching and grenade-lobbing club, please? If so, can we broaden the name of the club to include the very real possibility that, like me, you'll land the MAKO on its first planet and immediately fire its main cannon instead of accelerating? Had my volume up and it scared the bejesus out of me.

@Matroska Awesome action shot! I found myself drawing weapons on the Citadel (something I'd never normally do) in order to get decent shots in good lighting.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic