Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 7,641 to 7,660 of 8,866

LN78

@nessisonett Brendan is a shoo-in. If he doesn't win then I'll be genuinely shocked.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 This is the Oscars to be fair, they gave Will bloody Smith the Oscar last year. Watch them give it to Austin Butler now you’ve said he’s a shoo-in!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett I was going to make a joke about Brendan's well rounded performance but I decided against it.

LN78

XandertheWise

@LN78 No. Critters 3 is the one that has Leo in it

Critter 4 is when it take place in outer space

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

Currently watching Critters 4 right now tonight.

Man, I'm surprised Brad Dourif and Angela Bassett are in the movie. Even Anders Hove whos known as Radu from the Subspecies vampire movies

XandertheWise

nessisonett

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika If Blonde can be up for both Oscars and Razzies, so can Morbius.

camolftw

triangle of sadness really surprised me great movie

camolftw

LN78

Watched "Color Out of Space" starring Nicholss Cage and directed by Richard Stanley - he of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" infamy. It's based on a Lovecraft story (that I haven't read) and concerns an alien virus infested meteorite causing some particularly gnarly ***** to go down when it lands on a farm inhabited by Cage, his eclectic brood and a herd of alpacas. There are some nice (read - grotesque) Rick Baker-esque practical effects, some not quite so nice digital ones (it's rather a low budget affair), a fantastic cameo by Tommy Chong (really stretching his range as a bombed out of his gourd new age type) and a couple of choice Cage wigouts all in a nice and brisk hour and forty-five. It reminded me a lot of Alex Garland's "Annihilation" but it wasn't quite as self serious and heavy on the metaphor, so I liked it more. Recommended.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Probably my favourite Lovecraftian film. Might be a bit trippy for some, but I enjoyed it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Finished watching Mission Impossible 2. The first hour was terrible, while the second one was much better. The first hour focused too much on the love interest of the story. I couldn't care less about that, I just wanted to see Tom Cruise infiltrate buildings. Which we got in the second half of the movie, so I was content with that. Overall decent movie, but easily a step down from the first one, which was great.

I was planning on watching more MI movies, but they seem to be getting removed from SkyShowtime in two days for some reason, so I guess that won't happen anytime soon.

LtSarge

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder Funny that you and I were just discussing "Annihilation" the other day - it's on my "to watch" stack just now. It was most definitely trippy - I don't want any of it, whatever it is!

Edited on by LN78

LN78

nessisonett

Horrible news about Annie Wersching, 45 is no age at all. Probably most known here as Tess in The Last of Us but she was in a hell of a lot over the years.

LN78

@nessisonett That's really sad. She was the only watchable thing in the entirety of the second season of "Star Trek:Picard" - her performance was actually pretty great, thinking about it.

LN78

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...wait, what?! No! That's awful news! She was superb in 24 and Star Trek: Picard, amongst other things (because you're right, she popped up everywhere).

Way too young. May she rest in peace.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

Playing "GoldenEye" at the weekend put me in the mood to watch "GoldenEye" so I watched "GoldenEye". I think it's a very entertaining movie (certainly the best of the Brosnan era) but it's never more than the sum of its parts - excellent casting, brilliantly directed stunts and action set pieces and all the bells and whistles but for me it plays more like a "Bond Greatest Hits" compilation (not really a bad thing) than a cohesive film. There's still no way I can get on board with the synth heavy Eric Serra score and for whatever reason the blu-ray transfer (from the last anniversary boxset) just isn't very good at all but those are minor gripes - it was a massive hit and saved the franchise. Just a shame that poor old Pierce never had it as good again.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Have you still not seen No Time to Die yet?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic