Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 7,341 to 7,360 of 8,939

MightyDemon82

@WanderingBullet @JohnnyShoulder I really enjoyed the movie. I don't mind musical numbers and the ones presented here weren't very long and neither too schmaltzy.

Also watched Troll on Netflix recently as well which I enjoyed. Not about people on the internet but the mythical creature 😂.

MightyDemon82

WanderingBullet

@MightyDemon82 Yeah, the musical numbers weren't that long.

Troll was okay for me. Thought the troll was defeated a bit too easily at the end.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

HYPED! Love how organic and fluid the animation looks (almost like hand-drawn at times) even though it's CGI.

LN78

Two more Christmas turkeys last night - "The Night Before" - a painful Seth Rogen starring stoner "comedy" remarkable for the fact that it contains exactly no funny moments and then the Jim Carrey starring "The Grinch" - a film of such overwhelming, cloying sentimentality that it actually made me feel nauseous but which does contain one genuinely funny moment concerning snacking on broken glass - although it's possible I was over empathising with the eponymous character having just sat through "The Night Before". Two versions of "A Christmas Carol" later - one starring Muppets and the other a Robert Zemeckis directed, motion captured 3D extravaganza starring (again) Jim Carrey in (from what I can gather) all the major roles. A truly terrifying prospect.

LN78

nessisonett

Hahaha Henry Cavill no longer returning as Superman is hilarious. The guy got in with The Rock’s ex/slightly dodgy manager expecting his career to blow up and instead he’s banked on Black Adam being a success, which it wasn’t. So he’s now got neither The Witcher or Superman and let’s face it, he’s not exactly a good enough actor to make it by on his own merits.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

Nothing against Brett Goldstein the actor (haven't watched any of his films prior to Love and Thunder) but Cavill would probably have been a better choice for Hercules.

XandertheWise

watching Matinee tonight. it was on TCM last week which i DVR recorded.

XandertheWise

WanderingBullet

@nessisonett From what I've read, Gunn's rebooting the DCU and is going with a younger Superman. Wonder Woman 3 got cancelled and Gadot probably won't be returning for the role and apparently Mamoa is getting recast as Lobo.

LN78

@nessisonett I feel sorry for the guy. I'm guessing he'll be sending Barbara Broccoli something very nice for Christmas this year.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 good shout. Also, Marvel do seem to be heading in a direction where Captain Britain could be a possibility… he’d be a pretty decent match for that role also 🤔

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Unintentionally watched a Christmas movie earlier in Batman Returns. Totally forgot that it is set at Christmas. I think it holds up a better than the previous film as the fight scenes feel a bit more dynamic. And of course Michelle Pfeiffer in that outfit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder Weird coincidence - we're watching that and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" this evening. I absolutely love both of them.

LN78

LN78

@colonelkilgore I'm pretty confident that he'll be absolutely fuming with WB at the moment so a move over to Marvel would make sense but he'd probably want a more high profile role. Wolverine, maybe?

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah maybe. Thing is Wolverine is such a tough role to cast… and I think we all see him differently too. My dream Wolverine died the day they cast Jon Bernthal as The Punisher… not to say he ain’t great as Frank Castle but if you’ve seen him in Wind River, you’ll know what I mean about him as Logan.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore He would've been fantastic. As long as they don't cast Daniel bloody Radcliffe, I'm golden.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 amen to that… also, as big a fan as I am of Taron Egerton I’d hate to see him in the role too.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Shame Nic Cage is too old for the Superman role these days....

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@LN78 Daniel Radcliffe’s too good an actor to get caught up in the MCU machine! That Weird Al movie is brilliant, it perfectly takes the piss out of all these samey music biopics. The TV show he did on Sky Arts years ago, A Young Doctor’s Notebook, showed how great his comedic timing actually is as well. I’d probably say he’s shown himself to be the best actor out of all of the kids from the Potter movies despite him not exactly being great in the actual movies at the time. Then again, Harry’s a bloody awful character!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

So Death Stranding is the latest video game to made into a film or TV series. I wonder if Kojima will direct, seeing as you could say he is almost there with his games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic