Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 7,361 to 7,380 of 8,866

LN78

Mark Kermode called "Avatar 2" an artistically devoid "wet Smurfahontas bore-a-thon". We're supposed to be taking the kids on Sunday afternoon. I might have to "catch covid". At least the review was entertaining.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

Here’s a thought following yesterdays Henry Cavill at Marvel chat. I’ve heard a rumour that Marvel could be looking at him to play Hyperion (Marvel’s evil Superman). Imagine if they included the whole Squadron Supreme (Marvel’s evil Justice League) and cast all of the DCEU’s recently canned stars in the respective roles… would be so funny 🤣

**** DLC!

MightyDemon82

Now here's a movie that has me interested in going to the cinema next year Adam Driver + dinosaurs.

Cocaine Bear looks like a fun time too.

It's a shame for Henry, but he'll not be short of work I'm sure. Very excited about DC under Gunn though, Could leave Marvel in the dust if they don't get their act together soon!

MightyDemon82

LN78

@MightyDemon82 @colonelkilgore In a completely unsurprising turn of events, Gunn has been getting threats to his bodily safety from the Snyderverse hardcore over the handling of the Cavill situation. Bunch of losers.

LN78

MightyDemon82

@LN78 Doesn't surprise me at all. Really sad when so called fans react in this way!

MightyDemon82

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore @LN78 @MightyDemon82 Cavill has announced he's trying to get a Warhammer Cinematic Universe up and running which if done right could be awesome. Doing what he loves which is mint for him and I've got every faith in the guy.

For The Emperor!

Edited on by The_Moose

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah totally expected, while never worthy of condolence in this current slanting-towards-dystopia that we all survive on the daily

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@The_Moose I’ve never really been into Warhammer but I love fantasy, so I’d be interested for sure!

**** DLC!

LN78

@The_Moose Yeah - just read about that on the Beeb news site. Could be great as long as they don't totally "Warcraft" it.

LN78

LN78

@colonelkilgore What I don't understand is what those guys actually see in the Snyder DC movies that was so great to begin with. I think they're all various shades of godawful.

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Oh God, now you've got me worried haha.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah they were a mess for sure. I just think some people are so wrapped up in the characters pre-DCEU that they take the news as a sleight on DC as a whole, when in reality the DCEU was the sleight. People are strange as the song goes.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Unreasonably excited for the Barbie movie. Definitely team Barbie over team Oppenheimer.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

Watched King of Thieves tonight. Seen it before. Really funny movie. Bit scary at times. Not surprising with the calibre of actors in it, turning the tone on a dime. Brill film.

See ya!

nessisonett

Don’t know if it technically counts as a movie as such but I watched Flip’s Sorry vid for the millionth time. Very much of its time, the Johnny Rotten stuff hasn’t aged brilliantly but the actual skating holds up and the soundtrack’s excellent. I’d kill to get my hands on an actual tape of it!

LN78

So it turns out the reason that James Cameron waited 12 years (or however long it was) to release "Avatar 2" was because he was hoping that people would forget the first one - that way he could release the second installment and nobody would notice that for all intents and purposes it's the same movie but with slightly nicer graphics. Sorry Jim, but that's a tactic videogame companies have been using (sometimes on an annual basis) since time immemorial - it never works.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 A movie of that length with that much water just sounds like a recipe for bladder problems.

LN78

@nessisonett It's an absolute slog, mate. We were there with two pre-teens (who were visibly bored by hour two) so you can imagine how much fun that was!

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic