Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 6,995

ThereThere

@Th3solution I’ve just got round to reading your stunning review of They Shall Not Grow Old, I’m definitely going to seek this out. Great work mate 👍

Retired Diamond Dog.
Keep on keeping on 👍

PSN: Bundersvessel

LN78

@kyleforrester87 Hmmm. I feel confident that "fun" wasn't the tone that Fincher was going for. I've been wrong before, though.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Some people find The Human Centipede fun to be fair! I’m not a big horror fan so it’s not something I find fun but I have mates who really genuinely find gory horror films fun. I don’t like rollercoasters though so maybe it’s the whole adrenaline thing.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

LN78

@nessisonett With 'Alien 3' it's more that the overall atmosphere of the thing is so ceaselessly dour. The gore is to be expected.

LN78

LN78

@kyleforrester87 I saw the other day that "Prometheus" is now ten years old. I wonder if that film is "fun" yet?

LN78

kyleforrester87

@LN78 nice music and scenery, some cool scenes but far from the landmark movie it tried to be. Still, enjoyed it enough to see it a few times and I’ll be watching it again after Resurrection.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@ThereThere Thanks, man. For fans of the genre or subject matter, it’s an easy recommendation. 🫡

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RR529

Just got back from watching Lightyear in 3D.

I actually enjoyed myself. I could maybe see this as a bit boring for really young kids (in fact the family seated in front of us left during the climax as their kids started getting restless & jumping around on the seats), as it's more of a played straight action sci-fi film that happens to be family friendly (with some humor), rather than a kid's sci-fi film. If you like deep space sci-fi (like I do) it's definitely worth a watch.

However, there was probably no reason to make this a "Buzz Lightyear" movie (it practically has no ties to Toy Story, other than an opening blurb mentioning this as Andy's favorite movie of 1995, and one or two catch phrases), they don't even bother to make it feel retro (in a 90's sense) in any capacity, and it's a modern film through & through. So yeah, if you're wanting to watch this as a Toy Story fan, that's probably not the right mindset to go in with (and probably why the film isn't playing well).

As for the 3D experience I thought it was fantastic. Maybe not quite as trippy as Multiverse of Madness, but the effect was used strongly throughout, and was certainly a better 3D experience than Jurassic World Dominion.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 I still can't believe they didn't get Tim Allen back in the role. I get what they're trying to do, but I reckon a lot of people, myself included, will be giving the film a hard miss because of that fact alone. Interesting to read your thoughts, though. Thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JudgeDredd

Spawn.

One of the worst films I've ever seen. And I had low expectations.

JudgeDredd

ThereThere

@JudgeDredd I remember my older sister managing to sneak me into a screening of this, being 11 at the time it was obviously amazing, I still remember the cinema smelling of cigarettes and sweat. I haven’t watched it since, and I’m sure your thoughts are closer to the truth

Retired Diamond Dog.
Keep on keeping on 👍

PSN: Bundersvessel

RR529

I watched Apollo 13 this morning. It starred Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, & Bill Paxton as the astronauts involved in the Apollo 13 mission & how through ingenious ingenuity (& with help from those on the ground within NASA) they miraculously managed to safely make their way back to Earth after an oxygen leak in their craft.

I thought it was excellent. Some of the CGI effects near the beginning of the film were starting to show their age (like the shots of the surrounding area around the rocket), but it was much more of a character drama & everything within the capsule was believable & edge of your seat tense.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Oh, sweet! I've fallen off the DC animated bandwagon of late, so I'm grateful to you for sharing that trailer, because it looks like great fun! Might have to track down a copy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic