Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 6,141 to 6,160 of 8,866

robhr

@Jimmer-jammer I really enjoyed Dune as well. Denis Villeneuve Is becoming a new favourite director for me. Blade Runner 2049 was excellent too.

robhr

Jimmer-jammer

@robhr yeah, I haven’t seen a film of his that I haven’t liked actually. He’s a director who makes films with the cinema in mind, which is my kind of filmmaker!

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Ralizah

Loved Sicario, Arrival, and Blade Runner 2049, so I was surprised I derived so little enjoyment from Dune.

Oh well. I hope Dune fans are happy. I know they've wanted a proper cinematic adaptation for a long time.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

cheetahman91

@Liam-x Dawn of the Dead (original, haven't seen remake), Return of the Living Dead and Zombieland are my favorites so I'll recommend those.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

JohnnyShoulder

@Liam-x 28 Days Later is probably my favourite.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@Liam-x
Was gonna suggest Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days later but beaten to it so will second both of those.
Shawn of the Dead for horror comedy and Dead Snow if you can handle subtitles will have to be my recommendations then.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

XandertheWise

currently watching Vampire's Kiss for DVD tonight.

Movie is pretty decent for a late 1980s vampire flick. its not that bonkers weird as everyone else claims it to be

XandertheWise

Fight_Teza_Fight

Watched The Gentleman the other day. Started of slowly but got really good by the end. It felt budget which is surprising considering the cast.

Pretty excited for Uncharted now. Got some friends to with me now straight after work.
Also it’s being advertised like crazy from where I live.
Sony is definitely banking on this to succeed.

Also Spider-Man No Way Home is probably passing $2billion. It’s already at ~$1.8billion. Wonder how long those legs will last. Fully deserved.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight It will be interesting to see how Uncharted performs. I think releasing on the heels of No Way Home it’s going to get a boost from being Tom Holland’s next film. The marketing has been pretty aggressive for it — I’m seeing advertisements and trailers during the Olympics and other TV shows. I think the ‘Tom Holland effect’ will draw peoples’ eyes just by association and they won’t even know they are watching a video game franchise movie.

I continue to think Uncharted looks like it will be a passable action flick, but just doesn’t seem like it will be a very accurate representation of the flavor and spirit of the games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I might go see this one. Of course in my case it's because of the games, not Holland.
Not expecting it to be movie of the year though

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Just watched The Kings Man as it surprisingly appeared on Disney+ at no extra cost. Better than the second one but still a fair ways off the original imho. ‘Decent’ though all the same.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I was surprised by its appearance, as well. Have added it to my watchlist because yeah, I liked about 90% of the first one, but was disappointed by the second, so am curious to see what a new cast and prequel setting can do to save my interest. If it was just "Part III" and more of the same, I would've bailed, so it's good to see you thought there was some improvement, however marginal.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well I hope you enjoy… all I would say is that Ralph Fiennes and the new young chap aren’t a patch on Colin Firth and Taron Egerton (and that’s coming from a huge Fiennes fan). I think the period setting appealed to me though… that and the less of a reliance on hyper-choreographed fight scenes (loved them in 1 but thought they rinsed them in 2) ‘just’ elevated it enough for me to rank it above the sequel. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Ah, okay... that's an interesting breakdown, as I would've expected Fiennes to steal the show because, let's be honest, he usually does. Thanks for the detail. Will let you know, as and when!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@Fragile
Not the big screen remake of the game show then?

Damn, had gotten my hopes up.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Finally got to watch Villeneuve’s Dune… incredible!

**** DLC!

robhr

@Indoorhero I agree Pig was good. I had high expectations going in as I'd heard a lot of praise but it definitely lived up to those expectations.

robhr

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman it looks like it’s been out for a while in the UK so you might have already seen it, but just in case, I saw this and thought of you.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic