Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 8,935

nessisonett

@ShaiHulud To be fair, the adaptation for TV was utter pants as well. I’m beginning to think that it just suits book/radio form way over filmed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ShaiHulud

@nessisonett Forgot that even existed! The film from the fifties isn't great either 😅

Sic semper tyrannis

zupertramp

@ralphdibny lol, yuppy practice. The more names that get thrown out there the more I realize how long my list is as well. Like I also forgot Benecio Del Toro, Gael Garcia Bernal and Javier Bardem.

Anyway it's a fool's errand trying to compile a top whatever list. Top 100 maybe.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@zupertramp it may well be! Recognising people in film and TV is part of the fun of watching. Often it provides good links to the next thing to watch. You can get stung though if a decent actors been in something that's a bit rubbish. I loved Freddie Highmore (and the rest of the cast) in Bates Motel but I caught a few episode of The Good Doctor and i thought it was lame!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Colin Firth is another actor I rate highly, he's often a good hook to go see a film as he's wicked in the roles he gets. Kingsman, Kings Speech and a single man spring to mind but one of my favourite roles hes played is in the film of Dorian Gray. Easily my favourite character in the film as he is such a hypocrite that he is able to walk the line between social function and primordial debauchery.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Colin Firth walking out of the lake in the 90s Pride and Prejudice 😰😰

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Also on the whole Jane Austen subject, the adaptation of Emma from this year is on Sky Movies now. That was the last movie I went to the cinema to see and it was really quite good.

nessisonett

So Alfred Molina’s also back for the new Spider-Man movie, meaning we have characters from all 3 Spider-Man series making their appearance! Have to say, I’m really looking forward to it now.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I'm not sure I'm too keen on the idea but will give them the benefit of doubt and wait and see how it turns out. There's been other things I thought sounded naff but ended up loving (eg. Guardians of the Galaxy).

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Part of me’s worried that they’ll bite off more than they can chew like the Spider-Man 3 fiasco but it could totally work, given the success of Into the Spider-Verse. Spider-Man definitely comes into contact with plenty different versions of his enemies and himself in the comics over the years.

Wow, it’s looking like even people like Kirsten Dunst, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire could be back! Makes sense though, Doctor Strange is going to be in it so would tie into the multiverse stuff his film will contain.

Edited on by nessisonett

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Just saw the Kirsten Dunst, Emma Stone news. I didn't know Doctor Strange was going to be in it too. That would help explain it well and a lot of these could be just short fun cameos. Marvel's shown they can do multiple characters better these days, I just hope the reveal of his identity is still a key feature of the story as I thought that was an interesting twist at the end of the last one.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, that’s my one major concern, that the identity reveal would be minimised as this is just them either cashing in on Into the Spider-Verse or trying to beat Flashpoint to the punch!

BearsEatBeets

Apparently Netflix's Daredevil is going to be in Spidey 3 too.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets LOL I was just reading about that. I'm a bit apprehensive if this will work and the cynic in me think it could turn out to be a huge mess.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I was seriously hyped until I actually sat down and thought about it. The second one left the story on a great cliffhanger and I was hoping for a more grounded tale than Far From Home. It sounds great on paper but then so did the cameos in Rise of Skywalker!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh yeah that was probably one of the best endings I've seen in recent times. Kinda elevated the whole film to another level. Got a bit of a soft spot for Gyllenhaal, so was glad he ended up stealing the show.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Brilliant news, Disney+ are adding mature content in Europe, Canada and other regions, including Terminator, Alien, Die Hard, Logan, Deadpool, Bob’s Burgers, Atlanta and more. This massively opens up the possibilities for new content especially as they announced there are 10 Marvel shows and 10 Star Wars shows in development. It’s not coming in the US as Hulu operates in those regions, requiring an extra subscription.

zupertramp

@nessisonett yeah this whole hulu/espn/disney+ thing they have us do over here is lame. Or at least the fact that I only get a discount if I subscribe to all 3 is lame.

Good for those other regions though.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I seen some bits on twitter about the new shows in the Stars Wars universe, but that is good news. Iirc, Disney were haggling with the current licence holders, like SKY in the UK for some of the content. No financial package could be agreed, so Disney just waited it out. As it stands currently there isn't enough content for me to stay subscribed to D+ after my free period ends, as I only sub for Mando really.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic