Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,701 to 8,720 of 10,111

kyleforrester87

Cheers guys, sorry I did not reply to you all but your replies were all comprehensively read and very welcome - I should probably delete my comment too, not that I have any regrets but I am an easy future target with this username

Haven't read a news article in 2 days.. feeling better already!

@ralphdibny thanks too for sharing, I won't try to add anything. I guess I can just say if there's anything I could ever hope to do, let me know.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny @kyleforrester87 I'm a bit late to the party, but hope you guys manage to get through your current troubles. I think blokes tend to keep stuff like this bottled up, which can not be good in the long run.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PegasusActual93

@Th3solution
I haven't had network TV in years and don't watch nor care for sports so I have absolutely no reason to ever go back. Pretty much all the good shows now are exclusive to streaming anyway with Better Call Saul being the only notable cable show lately that I can think of.

Edited on by PegasusActual93

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

Th3solution

@PegasusActual93 I really wish there was a sports only streaming service that had NBA, NFL, NCAA, and NHL and I’d just have that instead, because yeah - the other 200 channels of cable and network TV is absolute rubbish. Watching sports I see ads for the network shows and they look so B-tier compared to the Disney, HBO, Netflix, etc.

They are really pushing this show called “Ghosts” on Fox, I think. Looks awful. They have tons of these random crime, CSI or police type shows, an occasional teen drama like Divergent or Maze Runner with an apocalyptic backdrop which always looks nauseating, and somehow shows like Survivor, Masked Singer, and American Idol still keep going. And most of the rest is sitcoms that just give me cringe. Amazingly, The Simpsons keeps rolling, but I can’t imagine it’s any good nowadays. Bart Simpson should be, what — like 40 yrs old by now? 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

Sonic Frontiers, God of War Ragnarok and today Rogue Legacy 2. Was just about to start up Ragnarok when I saw that they released RL2! Don't know if I should get it as well or wait until it's on sale because I absolutely loved the first game. Either way, great week for games!

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge gutted! Thought that Rogue Legacy 2 had released on PlayStation for a second there.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore Ah, had no idea it was only on Switch for now. Hopefully it'll come out on PlayStation soon!

LtSarge

nomither6

Have any of you ever lived somewhere , where there was a lot of woods , peace, and nature and now they’re tearing it all down to build more houses ? this sucks . since 2021 there’s been nothing but construction going on here and they’ve torn down so much just to build more strip malls and gas stations and now they’re about to tear down the woods behind my house to build a neighborhood . 😡 i’m pissed .

nomither6

The_Moose

@nomither6 Yes but at least you live in a country where there's plenty of land and have food and energy security.

I live in England which judging by all the construction work going on will soon be a real life Mega City One. Who needs trees, rivers, fields, fresh air, farmland and fresh water supplies to feed our ever growing population. I'm sure that won't spell trouble down the line...

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

kyleforrester87

A friend and I have been playing a bit of Resident Evil 5 co-op, we're playing Veteran difficulty - it's pretty intense, you do t finish encounters with much in your bag. For those familar with the boss on stage 1-2, you "need" to trap it in the furnace room and set fire to it to kill it, but we just managed to beat it knives only in the end after spending all our ammo. Not sure it was worth doing it the hard way, but it's quite a specticle :')

Also, while uploading this I checked out a Paul Kalkbrenner mix I uploaded a couple of years ago, from the 00's - it's slowly building up views, and I noticed Paul himself replied today asking me for a copy! Pretty cool I thought!! 🫠

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

nomither6

@JudgeDredd even despite the hurricanes ? how’s it going over there right now , i’d presume youre doing well .

nomither6

RogerRoger

The topic's moved on in my absence, so I won't drag anything back up, but I'll just say a generic "feel better soon" to anybody who wasn't (or isn't) feeling great. If ever anybody's playing anything mindless and would like a friendly chat with an unthreatening rando, my PSN profile is always open. I mean, I don't check it every day, mind, but the offer's there, for whatever it's worth!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Good work on the co-op victory! I love how the game returns from that final cutscene and you're both still wildly slashing your knives around. Did you add that background music yourself, by the way, or does Resi 5 really have that good an orchestral soundtrack...?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger to be honest I couldn’t really hear/see what was going on I was laughing so hard, it’s perhaps one of those you had to be there for though 😂 didn’t look like it was possible, thought it’d keep coming back until it was killed the conventional way.

If you haven’t played RE5 Co-op, you should give it a go.

kyleforrester87

nomither6

@JudgeDredd true , it is florida after all . aside from texas having no income tax i don’t see the appeal here if you can afford to live anywhere else .

nomither6

nessisonett

There must be something going round, seems a few of us had a bit of a meltdown at the same time. Perhaps this is the male gamer equivalent of synchronised cycles.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett. I don't think the current climate helps with prices going up in everything. Probably making some people more anxious than they would be normally.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@ralphdibny I never got chance to reply to your post after reading it so won’t say too much now but it took me a while to realise your PB diet was plant based and not peanut butter 😁

All the best for you though and hopefully I’ll see you back in the health and fitness thread at some point (even if you have gone to the dark side of Pure Xbox).

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 I've never played any of the later Resi games before, but I'm branching out. The PS4 trilogy bundle of 4, 5 and 6 are on my shortlist, so it's only a matter of time before I try them, I reckon, although I'll probably be playing 'em solo. Thanks for the recommendation!

@nessisonett You were twelve hours away from getting tagged in a "not like Ness to be absent for so long, hope he's okay" welfare check post, buddy. It's one thing when semi-regulars come and go for the odd fortnight, but you're usually such a fixture! Hope you're holding up okay.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic