Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,581 to 7,600 of 10,124

render

Managed to get out to see the Uncharted movie today and was pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t convinced at the casting of either Nate or Sully but by the end of the film I’d completely changed my mind. I quite enjoyed the odd reference back to the games as well and can definitely say this is one of the best game to movie adaptations so far.

render

Voltan

The war has begun in Ukraine ☹️

Voltan

kyleforrester87

@Voltan that’s not a war, didn’t you hear? Russia are using peace keeping tanks. And peace keeping cruise missiles.

Absolutely terrible for regular Ukrainian people. Can you imagine.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

NedStarksGhost

Absolute heart breaking and gut wrenching stuff this morning. Feel awful for Ukranian people. A war started by the rich that the poor will suffer from, as always.

NedStarksGhost

Voltan

@lolwhatno The way I see it - an invasion is one of the ways you start a war (a common one at that). I'm not an expert though.

Anyway, I'm not sure what sources are accurate but it seems like it might not be going exactly as Putin could've hoped. But of course this is literally day 1 and a lot could change.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

kyleforrester87

@lolwhatno it's not really a point worth pressing, but it is certainly a war. Russia are waging war against Ukraine. Blame is a grey area as Putin obviously feels it's justified. That's the problem with these irremovable leaders, they spend so long in charge they start getting bored. Factoring in China and North Korea the west really need to sort themselves out.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@lolwhatno it looks as though they'll take Ukraine, the west has been pretty clear for a long time that they won't send troops in to support them. Russia appear to be in a good position to stomach harsh sanctions. Who knows once the dust settles? I expect they'll slowly test the resolve of Nato countries in the region. Could drag on for years and years and years.

Meanwhile European countries continue to squabble amongst themselves and the UK and America keep having great ideas like Brexit and voting in lunatics.

Hopefully? Putin just dies from a heart attack or gets thrown off his horse or something.

kyleforrester87

NedStarksGhost

Maybe the oligarchs will turn on him once the sactions hit their pockets.

NedStarksGhost

nessisonett

The problem with world peace is that it relies on a certain level of decency from all parties involved. If one or two people go a bit mad then there can’t exactly be meaningful repercussions. Hoping as many Ukrainians stay safe as possible.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@EclipseZero Yes he'll have been mulling it over for years, he's been in power long enough for his mind to warp enough to justify it and is probably at the point in his life where he's thinking "eh, why not".

kyleforrester87

Voltan

@EclipseZero Hopefully that last bit is sooner than later. There are massive protests in Moscow right now despite them being declared illegal and treason in advance. Obviously it won’t be that easy but it’s clear that a lot of Russians don’t support this at all.
Meantime here in Poland some degree of panic already sets in. People are buying fuel and withdrawing cash from their bank accounts, and not just those close to the border.
It’s a bit mad but then again - we are the next thing west if he wants to go this way.

Voltan

sorteddan

As comments are disabled on the recent article mentioning this I'll put it here, it might be a good time for everyone to go spend a few quid/dollars/whatever on purchasing This War of Mine and get some cash rolling in for the Ukranian Red Cross.
Just a suggestion.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Jimmer-jammer

Meanwhile China is sitting on Taiwan’s doorstep watching and gauging the international response, which absolutely has to be swift, decisive and harsh. As the powder keg simmers, let’s do what we realistically can as free citizens who benefit daily from democracy: pray to our Gods, freely open our chequebooks and homes and be empathetic to the human beings who will bear the brunt of the fallout. Times like this come and go, but the human spirit lives on, and is what will ultimately rise up over any political agenda, mass financial gain or tyranny of any kind. The big boys will play their games, but human kindness will always be there to mop up the wreckage. This can never be taken away.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

@Sorteddan Good shout, I’d be on it if I didn’t already own it. It’s a very good game btw, so that’s a win-win for anybody who does buy it.

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@lolwhatno cheers! 🤙

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Fragile I had no idea that was a thing. How long till we get that over in the UK I wonder 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile What is it exactly? Apart from the obvious, that is.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

I've been watching a British Youtuber called "bald and bankrupt" for years now and he's known for travelling and vlogging across Eastern Europe. Recently he uploaded a video of him travelling across Ukraine just days before the invasion. Very worth watching if you want some insight in what it was like during those days for Ukrainians:

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic