Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,561 to 7,580 of 10,094

Voltan

I received a somewhat sensitive package today for work (from an international partner). The envelope contained another envelope, packaged between these 2 sheets of paper

Untitled

😂

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho What did you think about Anderson & Broad getting dropped before the Windies test? Apparently Broad was quite confused and angry about it and some pundits said that the Ashes defeat would have been much worse if it wasn't for the two of them. I also wonder why our tail-enders couldn't have worked on their batting to perform more like the Australian tail-enders.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@Voltan Brilliant. Renew that partner's contract, right now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Got sent home from work earlier as window smashed in the office. No one was hurt thankfully. Stay safe out there if anyone is out travelling, it is pretty wild out there, in the UK at least.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Yeah a store roof has been ripped off by the wind in the town centre where I live, and seeing pictures like the one below.
Untitled

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It's pretty crazy, yeah. I'm on the second floor of my building and, when a particularly strong gust of wind comes along, everything shakes. Feels like an earthquake.

Glad you and all your colleagues are unharmed, and hope everybody reading this is staying safe.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Walking in about 1cm of snow and a light breeze in Glasgow while seeing apocalyptic scenes a train ride away
Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah my desk was shaking and there was a load of this black stuff all over everything. Apparently the roof tile were starting to come off, which is not a good sign.

My eldest neice was planning to attempt to drive down from London with her 2 year old kid. Hope she has seen sense and postponed.

render

@nessisonett Good result for GB in the curling! I haven’t managed to watch much but saw some of the final games and was amazed at how tactical it all got.

render

nessisonett

@render Our only medals of the games but hey, better than nothing!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Did your niece stay safe in the storm the other day?

I've got small quantities of similar-sounding black stuff all over my kitchen counters, which tells me that my windows aren't exactly airtight. I cleaned them up, but am wishing I hadn't bothered, because today's bad weather feels like a repeat performance!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger She postponed till next weekend, thankfully.

We got the black stuff a few years back, but whatever they done obviously wasn't strong enough for these latest advers weather conditions.

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger wrote:

Must be the same mysterious power that goes around stealing individual socks from washing machines.

I always find them in a duvet cover or pillow case. Some time later mind, so I've usually thrown the other sock away, and I'm back to square one, left with a random solo sock.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Glad everybody stayed safe in the end.

I was halfway up a mountain once when I found a rogue sock hiding in the pocket of my fleece. Like you, I'd thrown away its lonely companion several months beforehand, so I left it atop a brightly-decorated cairn near the summit. I wonder if it's still there?

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

I had my first day back at the office yesterday, after about 3 months from working from home. I’m glad I missed the last week as I walk to work. I hope the worst is behind us! Nothing worse than a bad hairdo😂!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfunkadelic83

@lolwhatno ahhhh man. Thanks so much! Such a nice thing to read and has really made my day.
Hope you have a wonderful day buddy, keep safe and happy gaming 🙏🙏🙏

Kidfunkadelic83

PSN: Kidfunkadelic-83

RogerRoger

We do birthdays now...?!

Many happy returns to @Kidfunkadelic83 regardless! Hope you're having a great day!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic