Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 10,111

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Yeah I know you only really follow England but India v Pakistan was interesting as it was the first time Pakistan had won against India in the T20 World Cup, and they did it by 10 wickets! What do you think about that?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, pretty mad result and I imagine the atmosphere would have been incredible.

And I guess you're heard the news about Ben Stokes declaring himself fit for the Ashes!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Absolutely but psychologically for us (and not so much for the Aussies) it could be huge. Much like hearing if Steve Smith would or wouldn’t be fit to play.

Thrillho

Voltan

Tesco (which is where I used to do most shopping) is no more in Poland so I went to a Lidl this morning and it was a traumatizing experience. I’m also still out of coffee because they didn’t have any (wtf).
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Voltan

Kidfried

Yea, I'm not a fan of Lild either. I'll go to an overpriced convencience store every time if it means it at least has what I need. (The amount of money I spend on groceries is actually kind of a problem for me, as it has gotten out of hand the last few years. I'm trying to find ways to get better about my spending!)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you see the result against Australia in the T20? Couldn't believe it, I don't think the Ashes will be like that somehow

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I am considering a bit of a curve-ball for my next gaming endeavour - Fable II on the XBox 360, I hear you can't die in that game so there's really no way I shouldn't be able to complete it, crosses fingers Have you beaten FFVIIR yet? What are you onto next? How are you in general? Still enjoying the NFL & NBA?

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman A great result but not a shocking one given how strong England are in the short form.

And we didn’t even need Livingstone to bat.. but he did alright with the ball!

Thrillho

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey buddy! Yeah, I was just about to post my thoughts on the Final Fantasy thread, as I completed the game today. Overall it was a great game, but it was quite difficult at points. There ended up being some tough bosses down the stretch, but none I couldn’t defeat without a little strategy. Only once did I want to throw my controller. 😅

I’ve always wanted to try the Fable series. It sounds great and really unique with how the choices you make affect the world. Let me know how you get along with it!

For my next game I’ve started up Resident Evil 3 Remake (another PS1 remake 😄) and it’s wonderful so far. I played RE2 Remake not too long ago and this feels very similar. I’m still playing through Rime in my down time when I need a slow paced game to unwind.

I like the NBA being back in action and the NFL, but I drift in and out of it depending on my mood. Otherwise it’s just more of the same in my life. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

How do you recognize a toxic person? They will describe their hate for Greg Miller whenever his or Colin Moriarty's name comes up.

It's almost become so bad, that I think it should be added to the site's rules page.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I just couldn’t imagine caring that much.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@lolwhatno I see it as an automatic red flag if someone unironically likes Elon Musk.

nessisonett

Currently an absolute nightmare in Glasgow with this climate thing. The whole city’s ground to a halt between the protests and the security for the world leaders. Thankfully I’m a bit out of the city centre but any closer is basically a no-go area.

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you hear about Buttler being the first English cricketer to score a century in all forms of the game the other day? Did you see the result against Sri Lanka? Apparently we are almost guaranteed a place in the semi-final now. On a side-note, what is up with Jordan's sweat? I think he may have some sort of condition as he is always drenched in it no matter what country he is playing in. 🤣

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, pretty impressive to get the century from a 6 off the last ball (but what a terrible ball it was!).

Can’t say I’ve seen Jordan’s sweating but I can empathise as I seem to be like that after a run, no matter what the weather is like..

Thrillho

Voltan

My cat doesn’t understand the concept of daylight savings and time change. Honestly neither do I but I accept it and he does not, so now he harasses me for food an hour early.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic