Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 10,093

nessisonett

Went on the big climate march in Glasgow today. I probably have Covid now because there were genuinely thousands of us but hopefully it sends a message.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you see the result against South Africa? Disappointing eh? But at least we're through to the semi-final. And now Roy is injured to boot. I reckon the final will see us play Pakistan, who do you think will win out of the two teams?

@Jimmer-jammer @colonelkilgore My next game will be Fable II on XBox 360, a game where you can't die - I can't lose! Are either of you familiar with the Fable series of games? What game(s) are you currently playing?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I actually played Fable 2 during my dalliance with xbox back during the PS3/360 era. It was decent from what I remember. The only issue I had was, at the time I was a hard-core Elder Scrolls fan... and it wasn't Elder Scrolls. I may like it more now as Elder Scrolls just aren't my litmus test anymore.

Hope you enjoy buddy, I'll be interested to hear how you get on 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve never played it but a friend of mine holds the Fable series very dear, so it must be good! I’ve always been interested in the series, just never really had a chance to get into them.

I’m currently playing Resident Evil VIllage and rather enjoying it. Think it’ll be the last new game I play before Elden Ring is released. Gonna clean up my backlog and hopefully replay some things. Gran Turismo 7 also has me pretty excited.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, it's sad for Roy but at least we've got pretty great strength in depth for batting. And as I've said before, I will always fancy our chances in the short form, even after the slightly disappointing loss in the last match.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

Played them loads of times each but… I am a bit tempted to put everything on hold and start GTA 3: Remastered tomorrow. I probably won’t as I’ve got more than enough on my plate atm but I am definitely a lot more excited to play them now on the eve of their release than I was a few months back.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you see the result against New Zealand? Disappointing news eh? Still, there's always next year, I think New Zealand had a bit of luck due to Bairstow and Livingstone's pair of dropped/knee on the boundary catches.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I listened to it on the radio. A slightly weird, low scoring game but the one bad over from England/good over for NZ off Chris Jordan's bowling really swung it. NZ are a team I don't mind losing to and I hope they win it now (even better if they beat the Aussies to do so )

Thrillho

N1ghtW1ng

@Thrillho; @TheBrandedSwordsman

I was wondering, as a fellow cricket fan (South Africa), do you guys really enjoy the fact that the T20 World Cup is held every year? I think the fact that it's an annual tournament sort of dilutes the prestige and importance of the event. Personally, I think it should be held every 2 - 3 years.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

Thrillho

@N1ghtW1ng I thought it was every two years? Obviously things have been thrown out because of Covid so that's probably messed the schedule up.

Every other year is fine though as it gives the smaller nations more of a chance to play some bigger matches. Afghanistan have a decent team now!

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho What did you think of Aus making it into the final? You more or less predicted that, didn't you? Haha, it's a shame for Pakistan, but I think NZ have a better chance of beating them than they would have had against Pakistan.

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I thought Pakistan would win but an Aus/NZ match is always good fun. The only problem being that it means the Aussies have a chance of winning the tournament now..

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou Almost as bad as Stokes missing the whole of a previous tournament after punching a locker..

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@LieuetenantFatman Which books did you read during your gaming sabbatical? I am always on the look-out for new books to read, currently reading The Pickwick Papers myself during a sort of gaming sabbatical of my own - I was just struggling with a lot of games recently, but now I am waiting for a new XBox 360 to come through the post so I can play Fable II (a game where you can't die), excellent stuff, and then, depending on how I'm feeling at the time, possibly Elden Ring and then God of War:Ragnarok after that.

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman
I've very recently read through the Greek Mythology books by Stephen Fry and the Norse Mythology books by Neil Garmon. All very interesting and an enjoyable way to learn some history.

Currently reading the latest 40k book, always a fan of science fiction. And then I'll probably jump in on the latest fantasy book by Joe Abercrombie. Very popular at the moment and well worth checking out. Definitely check out The First Law trilogy.
Only novel I think I've read from the 1800s was Jane Eyre, certainly was interesting but I tend to enjoy slightly more modern novels.

I am looking forward to Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarok as well. No doubt they should be a lot of fun.

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman Thanks for the recommendations, the Gaiman books and the First Law trilogy stood out to me, so they are now on my Wishlist. It's a shame you don't like more novels from the 1800s, there's a wealth of treasure to be discovered therein.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I'll echo @LieutenantFatman about Gaiman's Norse Mythology, it was very good. Very interesting to read the actual myths that inspired the more 'mainstream' version we all see in the MCU.

I'll also look into the Greek Myth book suggested, that world is a personal fave of mine.

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@colonelkilgore
It's a trilogy that starts with Mythos and then Heroes, finishing with Troy. Quite a different style to Gaiman but Fry attempts to pull off a similar idea of putting the stories in chronological order where possible, without making things confusing. Much trickier with Greek Mythology, as there are so many contradictions but I think he does very well.

LieutenantFatman

Voltan

This is what my walk home from work looks like nowadays
Untitled

Or more like: an early part of it, when I turn around (as the only light source was actually behind me)

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Abandoned PS5 confirmed! Are you Kojima?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic