Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 10,090

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman It was a pretty disgraceful showing from the English batting lineup in the second test. The chopping and changing through the last six months is looking silly as no-one is getting consistent game time and it’s hard to tell if players are being shuffled for form or for the sake of it.

At least we have some players to come back but the series against India and Australia might be pretty grim if England carry on like this..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Yeah, I have some games on PC and PS4/Switch, but that’s more because it’s just me that plays on PC therefore I’ll sometimes double dip so that my younger brother or mum can play them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@JechtUltima I double up all the time, especially between my consoles and my PC. Sometimes it's a controller vs. keyboard thing, other times it'll just be because I wanna play something again, or I fancy trying for trophies, or taking screenshots. No shame in it, at all. If you wanna play 'em on PS4, play 'em on PS4!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima Apart from a couple of smaller games I've bought on Switch then PS4 (which were only a few quid), the only one I double dipped on is Dark Souls on 360 and then the Remastered version on PS4. But then I never finished it on 360, so not sure if it counts?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Did you also get that thing on Steam where you could upgrade for pennies?

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Yeah, I have Prepare To Die so I got a 90% discount on Steam 😂

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Yeah it went on sale a couple years ago for 40% but then if you already owned PtD then it was 90%!

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Couldn’t really believe it myself. Although I actually still haven’t beaten the remaster, despite having beaten the original a whole bunch of times. I think the fact it really wasn’t that much of a difference on PC meant I just moved onto other stuff.

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore By the way ,your signature has an air of 1920s America about it "Of all the gin joints, in all the world....I ain't ever met a souls-like I didn't like" 🤣

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman not necessarily what I was going for (been watching a lot of Snow Fall recently, so probably meant it to be read in a 80's South Central Crack Peddler kinda way... basically a young Ice Cube 😉) but your way certainly works too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Not to get too political here, but don't quite understand why a developer has been forced to retire because of political donations made? Unless I'm missing something here, it feels like he has being hounded out by certain sections of the gaming press. Which is kinda scummy.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The guy’s donating to groups that are trying to take literal human rights away from people like me. It’s very hard to feel sorry for him. Outright funding Trump, McConnell etc is more than just some ill-advised tweets. It’s giving money to people to enact policies that outright harm entire groups of people. It’s not exactly a big surprise though from the man whose previous works include "A Christmas Journey: About the Blessings God Gives" and “The Pilgrim’s Progress”.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Right OK, I did think I didn't have the whole picture. I was only aware of his Five Nights at Freddie's stuff. Cheers for the info.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder To be clear, I absolutely don’t agree with him being doxxed and stuff, that’s really not on. And it’s never nice to see somebody essentially hounded out of an industry, especially when he’s done quite a bit for charity and stuff. But at the same time, it’s increasingly less likely that you could be oblivious to the sort of things these people he was donating to were doing. And when a significant section of the fandom for his games would be directly negatively impacted by the money donated, which could be thought of as their money considering they were buying his games, it’s not hard to see why they felt betrayed. It’s just an all-round bad situation.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah it is a very murky situation and the whole cancel culture thing doesn't sit right with me.

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer That's ok man no problem, care to share any of this "heavy stuff" you've been dealing with? Just out of interest and as a Push Square friend.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I don't think he's been forced to stop, it's been a decision he made himself.

From his good bye post he said he was leaving because he didn't have that much fun developing Five Nights anymore. When you're not enjoying your job anymore, an online controversy can be the final straw.

I think you have to be careful not to call everything cancel culture. He supports politicians financially that cancel groups of people on the tv daily. Heck, a politician that pretty much called for storming the Capitol, and actually brought a lot of life in danger. A politician that has been a risk to a country's democracy. This Scott guy then gets pushback online for supporting him financially, that's only fair.

And no he should receive death threats (don't know if he got any), but he's not a poor victim of cancel culture either.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you follow the England women's cricket at all? The one-off test against India? I thought England did really well, I can tell you the result if you haven't checked it already, might be worth Googling if you're curious and then for the sake of time-saving.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic