Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,561 to 6,580 of 6,892

nomither6

twitters fine ; u can mute & block people you don't want to see or deal with & never have to worry about it again . thats the good thing about social media , you can customize it to your own milieu .

nomither6

nomither6

@Voltan y'know i always thought it was weird how the dynamic of console-wars work . its cool to go to war over your favorite sports team , but people make a mockery more often than not about console fights. i guess its because video-games is more of a nerd thing ; even though its not how it was in the 70's-80's , and a ton more people play games now , but im sure the nerd stigma's still there about it though.

nomither6

lolwhatno

@nomither6 well not really a good thing per se, because you just see people that agree with what you think, you make your own bubble. A little disagreement can only bring something positive.
That's for me a huge flaw in social media:
say you're an antivaxxer, so as time go on, you'll only find posts that agree with you, which is really bad. But these big company's will not care about that, in fact I'm pretty sure they want that, because the more you stay on their platform the more they earn.
End rant

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

Voltan

@lolwhatno I didn't mute people I disagreed with. I muted people making dumb annoying logic-raping tweets with a ton of "😂 🤣" emoji

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno @Voltan Yep I've the only people I've blocked on Twitter are people that are being antagonist, racist or something like that.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

lolwhatno

Well that's my fault then, I only read the other guy's post, so I guess my post was out of context, but yeah that mute people thing can be as bad as it can be good.

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

MarlonJohan

I don’t want to vent. Instead, I want to show my appreciation to my favourite artist: Lana Del Rey! Lana appeals to my love of old music and Kodachrome-colored objects. I've been a retro-themed person for a long time, so I just enjoy it. All of those things appeal to me as well. Lana Del Rey's sound has evolved dramatically for someone who places such a high value on her sense of self. Del Rey has experimented with a variety of genres since her debut with the instant hit "Video Games" in 2011, including trip-hop, dirgey, obscured torch songs, and filmic balladry.

MarlonJohan

RogerRoger

@Thrillho All kidding aside, I think on my second playthrough I made it all the way to the church and thought to myself, "Wait a second, wasn't there supposed to be a lemur back there?" Which leads me to believe that it's kinda missable, if you don't take a direct path.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger It makes me realise how many people don’t bother with trophies when like 1/30 people did the attic one too.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho That nuts. I loved the attic shootout!

I'm continually surprised by trophy percentages whenever I glance through my lists. The ones which always get me are in these hugely popular, brand new Triple-A games, where the trophy for clearing its prologue has something like a 62% uptake. Who's buying, installing and then immediately walking away from all these games?! At least play it long enough to form an opinion!

As annoying as they are for completionists, I do quite like the specific choice-based trophies in games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, as well. They're like the breakdowns at the end of a Telltale chapter, giving an insight into how many people went left instead of right.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I know, only 98% people have the trophy for winning a battle on FF7R. Like the original, you go straight into a fight once you take control so 2% of people are opening the game and going no further.

The percentages do get skewed if games have been PS+ though as I guess more people will quickly load it and then not play properly. Also much less likely to complete it too perhaps?

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I think you're right about the PS Plus thing. There must be some folks who'll borrow something from a friend, as well, and boot it up but then never get around to it. Or maybe there's just a high contingent of menu music lovers out there!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Thrillho I misread that tweet as they want to w**k the players. Damn lemur euphemism.

@RogerRoger Yeah, it's often surprising how few people complete certain games, at least judging by the percentages for story trophies. Only 89% of players got the first story trophy in Ni No Kuni Remastered, and then 79% got the next one. That's perhaps half an hour or so of gameplay!

#BlackLivesMatter

RogerRoger

@mookysam Glad I'm not alone in my thoughts! That's a sharp drop-off for Ni no Kuni there. I know it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but still.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer hey buddy, just rearranged the schedule a bit and have decided I'm gonna be starting Ashen next Wednesday rather than in July (was originally slated to play MGS2 on the PS3 but wanted to play a PS4/PS5 game to contribute to the Days of Play).

Hopefully we'll still be able to get some co-op in on Sissna but obviously this could put a spanner in the works 🥺... if so no worries. I'll play it anyway and then we'll do the co-op whenever your ready?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore sorry, crazy day... I’m gonna look into exactly how co-op works for Ashen. If memory serves, you need to progress the story to a certain point before unlocking Children of Sissna. I don’t think it’s very far though. With that said, I’m trying to wrap up two games at the moment in preparation for Biomutant releasing on the 25th along with spring house stuff (garden/yard). I really want to make it work but the realist in me is staring back with a furrowed brow 🤨

I’m gonna look into how it works, whether we need to be at the same level or area and I’ll peek at my saves as well to try and come up with a better answer/game plan. Hate to be a pain here, I just can’t give a definitive answer yet. 😝

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer no probs dude, tbh I feel a little guilty about springing it on you but after shuffling (& reshuffling) the schedule (taking into account expected hours of play and mixing up genre’s for freshness etc) Ashen was the only option really.

From what I gather, the Children of Sissna option arises about halfway through the original play-through. No pressure though dude, it sounds like you have your hands full (Biomutant looks really cool btw)... you do what you need to do and just let me know when you’re in the position you need to be in and I’ll just leave Ashen installed.

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore no worries man. One of the games I started this last week was Skyrim, thinking I could finish it in about two weeks...it’s becoming clear to me that was a foolish assessment. How do you usually exchange psn id’s?

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic