Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,601 to 6,620 of 10,089

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Basically just been football, football, football! Might have gotten a little inebriated after the Scotland game last night so feeling a bit hungover today šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman just a quiet one for me bud, the missus is currently deep into one of the most busy periods within her role and she is feeling extremely stressed. So Iā€™m just trying to give her what she needs atm. Fathers Day tomorrow, so gonna go visit the old man and deliver him some of his favourite cigars and spend some time with the folks.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman 0-0 is 100% a good result for us. We expected to lose!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I appreciate it, man. Honestly I donā€™t really know how to talk about it over this platform and itā€™s become a legal matter at this point (which is what has thrust me into having to deal with something that happened over 20 years ago to myself and a group of boys) so Iā€™m not really sure what to say. Honestly my head is a mess and Iā€™m just taking every minute as it comes right now.

I realize not talking about this stuff is exactly what enables it to happen so Iā€™m trying to break that cycle and it has been extremely difficult. We have good support around us right now so thatā€™s helping a lot. Weā€™re not meant to deal with this stuff on our own. Thank you for just being you and reaching out. It means a lot. Iā€™m just one step at a time right now. Hope youā€™re having a good day.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

jdv95

@Jimmer-jammer man sorry to hear all that.
if is any help then please know that the people here will always lend an ear to you.
the comunity as a whole can be a hectic bunch but the forums will always be here for those that need to be listened to. stay strong.

jdv95

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I only read bits of the womenā€™s match and saw some of the wickets and shots on Twitter. Frustrating for them to be outdone by the weather!

As for the weekend, my parents and in laws are down and weā€™re all going to Cornwall for a few days for a trip rolled over from the same time last year. Monday looks an utter write off for the weather but looking forward to it and to my first surf in ages!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Jimmer-jammer Reading between the lines, it sounds like a rough time and not something you want to be revisiting but itā€™s good to hear youā€™ve got that support around you. All the best for what canā€™t be an easy time.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer That sounds really hard to deal with man, from what i can imagine, from what you've said, I wish you all the best and hope that you can pull through it 100% and go on to greater strengths as a person in the future, through dealing with these issues and experiences now.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer sorry to hear about everything buddy, if Iā€™d known I certainly wouldnā€™t have been bothering you with my pointless ashen-updates etc. Youre a valued member of this community and I always look forward to hearing your thoughts on things. My thoughts and wishes are with you.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Jeez, sorry to hear about that. Hope you stay strong.

Kidfried

@Jimmer-jammer Good luck. It's hard to get a sense of what you're going through, but regardless I'm rooting for you.

šŸ¤—

Kidfried

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Doing well. I have been busy with work and a little bit of family matters, but hope to get some gaming in finally. I started Returnal and trying to decide whether to finish A Plague Tale or wait for the PS5 version in 2 weeks. If I table it for later, then I might start another low key game since Returnal is eating my lunch so far.
Iā€™ll probably watch some NBA playoffs too. Itā€™s turning out to be an interesting year and it looks like weā€™ll probably have an NBA champ who has never been champion before, which is nice to see. There are too many dynasties in the NBA.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah quiet one for me this weekend.

@Jimmer-jammer I hope you get through whatever you going through and you and your family are OK once it is all over.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

Thank you all for reaching out. It means a lot. Sorry to bring this in here. Frankly I donā€™t know what to do with it all. I hope I can be more open with this down the road but right now itā€™s just a lot. Hope you all have a good day. Thank you again.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Kidfried

@Jimmer-jammer No need to apologize or worry about that. We're alright!

And there's times I'd love to be more open too on this forum about personal stuff, but at the end of the day this is a public space, so it's very understandable you're careful with that in your current situation!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer There is no shame in keeping private things private. Not everyone is comfortable in sharing those things on a forum, so do not feel guilty or pressurised into doing so. No one is gonna think anything less of you if you decide not to. You talk when you are ready to talk and only reveal what you are comfortable doing.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@Jimmer-jammer best wishes to you, hope you get through it all ok. We are all here if you need us. Be well!

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies for the late reply but I didn't get a whole lot of relaxing done over the weekend @TheBrandedSwordsman.

Usually I'd be winding down a little bit by now but instead I've been a little bee with a fair amount lesson planning for this week's numerous subjects and the amount of stuff I need to teach.

Had a couple of meetings with my colleagues and boss over what might happen over the next few weeks... Not to mention a couple of other things happening on my end that has kept me on my toes šŸ˜

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

RIP messed up Peter Parker. The time has come.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic