Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 10,092

Th3solution

@Kidfried PushSquare Towers runs on the fuel of angry gamers. It’s self sufficient and independent of the net. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Have you ever been to a match at Lord's, though? It's always a great day out, all things considered. Been twice so far.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore @LieutenantFatman @Thrillho @Th3solution

I just wanted to say thanks for all your words of advice and encouragement a few weeks ago regarding applying for a new job. I appreciate it!

I didn't get the job in the end but I got quite far in the interview process, bit gutted because they seem like a great company to work for. I can't really say any more because I signed an NDA.

But yeah, overall it was a good experience and now I feel a lot more confident about applying for other jobs in future. That's if I find one that seems like as good a fit for me as this one was!

So cheers, I appreciate it 👍

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Kidfried

Anyone of you looking into buying a Play.date? On one hand it seems like a bad deal for something that's super niche and might not get too much playtime after all games have been released.

On the other hand, it's a project that hits all the right buttons with me. There's passion behind it, creativity, an easy way to develop as well and it's not just more of the same, but there's something to be excited about for every aspect of the product and its release.

I don't know, it might be a waste of money, but it also sounds like an experiment that might pay off for me in a major way.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny no problem at all buddy, commiserations on not quite getting the role but I’m glad it was a positive experience for you.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve never been to Lords. I went to a county 20/20 at the Oval when I was a student in London, saw England/South Africa at Edgbaston in 2005, and then went to England/Bangladesh ODI in the World Cup two years ago. All good fun and I’d like to do it more often!

@ralphdibny No problem. Sorry you didn’t get it but the confidence for next time will certainly help. Change is always a bit scary and I can see you felt like you owed your current boss but you’ve got to look after #1 first!

@Kidfried I’ve thought they look pretty cool since they were announced but I could see it very quickly ending up in a drawer if I got one.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho Yea, it's got a big drawer problem. But they've announced this week to make it even possible to create small sprite based games from your browser. If it really is simple for everyone, it could inspire a community.

Nintendo's SNES Mini was one of my best purchases ever, but on the other hand other similar gadgets like the PS Mini have ended up in a cupboard pretty fast. It's 50/50 I guess.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried This is the first I’ve ever heard of Playdate. I’m with you — I admire the passion and creativity, but realistically I’m sorry to say that I think this is doomed to fail.
I think it’s best usage will probably be as an early game device for kids. It could find a hold there, and if so it could stay afloat for a while. I’m not sure if that’s their target market based on the video, but as an adult, I don’t see anything there that will pull me away from my current options (PS5, PS4, PS3, Vita, and cellphone). I understand they aren’t necessarily trying to compete with those given the black and white 1 bit graphics, but it’s price point was surprisingly high and in the mainstream gaming space. I was expecting like $50, not nearly $300.
It’s going to be sad to see, but I feel like this will crash and burn. I hope I’m wrong.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Unlucky matey. That's half the battle, gaining that sort of experience and increased confidence. Glad to know you got something positive out of it.

Sometimes it's worth throwing your hat in the ring for quite a few jobs you're interested in all in one go if time allows. Better odds of success and if more than one offers it to you, then you're the one who gets to choose.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yep, just waiting on exam results to come through! Trying to just enjoy my time off to be honest and not think about it 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder This is really not good. Not a big EA fan but if they get away with this then it’ll set off a wave of similar attacks. It’s best for everyone if the data is intercepted and the perpetrators quickly caught.

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman I know I shouldn't be but I'm just too picky really. I don't want to move from a relatively comfortable job (despite its flaws) to something I hate day in day out.

I've seen another place I'd like to work at with a vacancy but it probably is just pass the upper limit of how far I'd be willing to commute (id have to move somewhere between my work and my partners work and it would be an hour commute for both of us).

I'm going to mull it over, see if i can face that sort of commute and if not then I will keep my ear to the ground for a while!

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It's not good, and hopefully this doesn't start to become a trend.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima I might be tempted to finally finish the DLC for the third game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JechtUltima That’s basically my feelings too!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic