Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 6,857

Thrillho

@nessisonett When my wife makes pizza dough, half of it gets saved to make a loaf with so they can’t be all that different if it’s done right!

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

Untitled

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KyleForrester/1

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

👀

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KyleForrester/1

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 The eyes have it.

Untitled

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Snake is having two-eye envy.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore @Thrillho @nessisonett @Jimmer-jammer @Voltan Hey guys, I was wondering what you boys would think about this: Have your gaming tastes changed over the years? When I was first properly getting into gaming, I was throwing myself into the Souls games, I only wanted to play the hardest games out there to give myself a real challenge, now I have mellowed out somewhat and am playing the likes of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and looking at Resident Evil: Village and Biomutant this month as my next games, more appropriate games for a seasoned, older and mellowed-out gamer, I was wondering if this was the same for any of you? Were you really gung-ho and hardcore in your approach to gaming at first, has this changed and how has it changed over the years?

On a side-note, are any of you excited for Resident Evil: Village tomorrow and will you be playing it along with me when it comes out in the morning?

Best,
TBS.

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, I think my gaming tastes have changed over the last few years. I previously had my favorites that I stuck to, but I’ve made a concerted effort to expand my gaming menu. At the same time, I also feel like I’m more relaxed in my gameplay approach than I used to be, and I shy away from challenges that I previously would have taken. Not sure if my reaction time has taken a hit, but I just don’t have the time I once had, so I have to prioritize more.

I remember a few years ago playing Final Fantasy 7 and just grinding like a madman to level up and split my materia so I could beat the underwater optional boss (forgetting it’s name right now) and that’s the kind of thing I probably wouldn’t do now. I’d skip it and move on because I have so many more games to play and so much less time to do it.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve found that I play a lot more horror games now. Used to avoid them like the plague. I also finally enjoy 2D Zelda games, which I’ve not found fun ever since I was a kid.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah mines changed massively mate. My phases have probably taken in every genre give or take.

I did go through an elongated phase of only playing open-world and open-world rpgs from about 2003ish to 2016... I was not as 'in' to Gaming at that point though and would only dust off the controller if a new Rockstar, Avalanche, Volition, Bethesda or Bioware game was released.

Souls-likes and Trophy hunting opened my eyes to other genres though and I'll play pretty much anything now as long as its half-decent.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman probably the most significant change I can think of is that I’m simply less concerned about graphics and performance/bugs than in my younger years. Art style, colour palettes, animation, level and scenario design and how they interact with the themes the game is presenting are far more important to me now. Also, I value my opinion and personal experience far more than reviews and/or public opinion. I have my reasons why I enjoy something and I don’t let the general consensus take away from it. So basically I’m slowly becoming a stubborn old man. Seems a natural trajectory.

I love a good challenge, but hard for hard sake doesn’t do it for me. I try to have an open mind and do attempt to broaden my appetite on a regular basis. I’ve discovered some very enriching experiences by stepping out of my comfort zone. Things like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons or Valiant Hearts: The Great War are still pinnacle gaming moments for me. Gaming for me is about disappearing into another world - escapism with substance. If I don’t feel like I’m gleaning something worthwhile from the experience then I’m not interested.

I’m very much looking forward to Resident Evil Village but I’ve decided to wait on a PS5 to experience it, however I look forward to reading about your journey if you choose to share it!

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

nessisonett

The Witcher 3’s director’s resigned from CDPR after a months-long investigation into harassment and workplace bullying. Really feel for the worker grunts at that place, sounds like an absolute hell-hole to work for.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Voltan

Unrelated: I muted some console war trolls on Twitter today and now I’m wondering why it took me so long. Best decision ever.

Voltan

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hmm.. I’m not so sure my tastes have changed that drastically as I dabble in different things but mostly enjoy action and RPGs with a good story.

I guess the biggest change is that I haven’t bought a sporting franchise game in years (the last FIFA game was the one I got with my PS4). I guess it’s just having slightly less time to play than I used to but I seem to still buy games at a similar rate!

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Voltan
I deleted my twitter account a few years back, still no regrets. Recommended!

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic