Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,521 to 6,540 of 10,090

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Definitely will, lemme know if you enjoy it

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman @colonelkilgore yeah this one’s a bit tricky, as I can understand some of the criticisms the game received. With that said, I feel a lot of the reviews have been way overly harsh and kind of maybe didn’t “get” the game. There are some positive reviews as well. Personally I’ve been having so much fun with it, and I don mean like a, ‘I spent $60 on this and it’s just so much fun, damnit!’ kind of way but a genuine, ‘oh yeah, this is why I play games’ kind of way. It’s excellent as far as I’m concerned.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I’m pleased for you mate as I know that you were really looking forward to it. I had the same experience with Days Gone and Death Stranding... both took an absolute panning from the critics but both would probably figure in the top 10-15 games I played during the PS4 gen.

On another note, I’ve started my Ashen Children of Sissna play-through, as I wanna try and get as far as I can (preferably to Sissna herself) solo and then finish it off in co-op. In this particular mode, no exaggeration... it is THE most difficult gaming experience I’ve ever had... just WOW!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore yeah the half health sounds just brutal. I can only imagine what Sissna will be like...she already had the ability to dispatch you in one shot so...yeah. Should be interesting!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer the half stamina is almost as bad as the half health to be honest. It’s made me realise how attack-orientated I must normally be in souls-likes and I’ve had to change to being far more patient and systematic. I’m making progress though and have just finished the boss at the conclusion of the Seat of the Matriarch dungeon.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Apart from a couple of sites, I thought Death Stranding was recieved quite well?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah you’re right in fairness, I suppose it’s just that IGN review which really sticks in the mind. So much so, that it just kinda obfuscates all the others at least in the forefront of my memory.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore half stamina too? That’s just cruel! If you’ve made it through seat of the matriarch then I think you’ve got a good handle on things as I still think thats the first real test of the game.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah I was quite surprised I made it through if I’m honest... as I mentioned a week or so back, I found that place tough enough in normal mode. Great game in fairness, I’m appreciating it even more now that every inch of progress is so hard fought.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- Yeah it's a pleasant little ditty, reminds me a bit of Sade or the old jazz standards like Embraceable You ,are you familiar with those works? Do you like them? I don't think it's a shred-style song though, but, hey, most jazz isn't unless you're dealing with Allan Holdsworth, or, to a lesser extent, John Scofield. You should record yourself playing over it, you should definitely do that, though, and post it on here. Heck, I'd listen to that and I'm sure a lot of other Push Squarers would, too.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you follow the England v NZ match? What did you think of Robinson getting banned?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I followed it to start with but not as closely after the rained off day as it meant there was never going to be a result. It was nice of NZ to declare and tempt England to go for it but it was no surprise they didn’t. Hopefully it still made for a fun day out for you though!

The ban is a bit tricky. I’m sure anyone who has had social media since that age will have a few posts they’d cringe at now and it’s not a surprise if you’ve read about his career at that point. The ECB had to do something though but you’d think they might advise players to nuke their timeline a bit before playing! I absolutely don’t condone the stuff he said though obviously.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho It did indeed make for a fun day out, thank you.

With regard to the ban, it is also probably related to Robinson's earlier career, when his team mates were complaining about racism whilst he was a part of the side, and in terms of the tweets, well, can you imagine someone saying someone called them a name at nursery and now that person is banned from cricket? You can take these things too far, obviously.

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman The thing is the ECB can’t really have the players stand out there in anti-discrimination shirts before the match started and then do nothing over these accusations, even if they are “historical”.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho They’re probably just making an example of him. They need to show that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable and so while I’m sure he has a case to say they’re being too harsh, it could act as a deterrent for future players. Especially considering the rumblings around the attitude in the team when he was younger.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

So many video game websites I follow are down, so many other news sites I read are down. Push Square is still up!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried To be fair, this and NLife go down about once a night, or at least when I try to access it. Bloody CloudFlare!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett IIRC that is when is when they reset the servers and do their security checks. Or something like that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@nessisonett I was rather surprised to see the ol' Push still up and running, while the rest of the internet broke down. Hehe.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic