Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,501 to 6,520 of 10,077

Voltan

@Th3solution Thing is, CP77 doesn't even have PS5/XSX versions yet. They made last-gen version run fine (I mostly mean frame rates here, obviously the game had other problems) on new consoles but at visual settings far from what the hardware should be capable of. It's a PC games with poor console ports.

Unfortunately you're probably right and many people see this as a similar situation but it's actually very different.

Btw, I like what I'm hearing about how HFW utilizes PS5 hardware. Sure, there won't be anything in the core game design that couldn't be done on PS4 (like in R&C) but there seems to be a ton of features, which might not make it a different game but will definitely add to the experience in cool ways (talking 'bout ray-traced audio, different underwater rendering and stuff).

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I’m excited to feel the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers as well, which I’m sure will be tuned to the max. I didn’t realize how much I missed them until playing the Subnautica PS5 version this past week and suddenly realizing, “Hey, this game has absolutely no DualSense features.” It makes the game feel a little bland, imo, which I know isn’t necessarily a popular opinion since not everyone likes the tactile minutiae of the new controller. Subnautica would have been a perfect environment to use them, to feel the water resistance and I fully expect Aloy’s adventure to include unique sensory experience when she’s on land, in water, in the air, etc.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Th3solution ICO and SOTC were delivered in time though. Not sure if that was solely an Ueda problem, or it was more complicated than that. Anyway, the project is still very much alive. They shared this image earlier this year: https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/UNtdAxqzE73Erm7upQhUWZ.png They've been teasing it for a couple of years, and it's been in development since 2016 I guess..! It's time.

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane I didn’t realize it had a solid 2021 target. Good to know!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Octane Ah, okay - I get it now. Well, that makes more sense. With 6 months left in the year, it would be hard to drop a 2021 release date out of nowhere. But at least that image is evidence of continued development

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah exact same experience with Immortals Fenix Rising after playing Returnal. Even little things like when opening a chest there is nothing in Immortals, which I miss.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Jecht_Ultima Ha Ha oh yeah I do remember that. I wonder if anyone is dumb enough to buy that kinda stuff for that kinda money?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder What would someone even do with that? 😂

@Jecht_Ultima Once I had some lamb tagine in a Moroccan restaurant and the lamb looked just like the Virgin Mary. It was a shame to eat it, but I was rather hungry.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nomither6

@JohnnyShoulder everyone should know by now that Mc Donalds isn't real (fast) food . Its just so much freakish things that came to light about them but , hey , if people don't care and still lovin' it , more power to them . Live how you like .

edit - im not saying other fast food joints are any better but , mc donalds just has so much dirt.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore How did you find the GoW games? Will you play Ascension? It's the only one of the original PS3 games that I didn't finish. I also played GoW 3 on PS4, Remastered version, just seeing Kratos go round killing all the gods was great fun, it was an ageing game but a classic nonetheless.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah better than I imagined mate. I always considered them button-mashers back when they were released but in order to complete all the Challenge of the Gods/Titans/Olympus etc you actually have to be quite technical, which I appreciate.

Yeah, I’ll definitely finish off the series (so Ascension and 3) as I just love GoW 2018 so much that I want the complete set of GoW platinums. I’ve also got Dante’s Inferno to play sometime after 3, which is very similar to the old style GoW games.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I tried Dante's Inferno, it is a clone, yeah, I didn't like it as much as the GoW games, so fell off that one - but I'm still playing through Biomutant now so it's all good, beat the first boss in that game the other day, moving onto a considerably harder one now. When do you reckon you'll get around to Biomutant? Given your huge backlog of games, 2025?🤣

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman 😅 yeah it’ll be a while sadly, I’m definitely gonna wait for the PS5 version to release... and then when it has I’ll ‘jimmy’ it into the calendar somewhere. What are your thoughts on the poor reviews Biomutant received... overly harsh or fair?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Definitely overly harsh, it isn't Dark Souls or even a Souls-like but it is decent RPG action. Think The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt-Lite, with furries.

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman My fellow Jazz guitarist, this song blew me away when I first heard it and couldn't believe it was in a video game and not on a radio somewhere. Just had to share with ya. One of these days I wanna do some improv soloing over it

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah you are the latest in a series of people who have the same opinion... I do find it a bit strange when the gaming media as a ‘cabal’ (hyperbole intended) group think a game as bad and then the gaming public see it a different way.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore It's a great game. Tagging @Jimmer-jammer in on this conversation as he seems to be enjoying the game too, what do you think about bad reviews Biomutant got despite it's excellent, from a lot of people's perspectives, gameplay, Jimmer?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic