Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,501 to 6,520 of 6,541

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Voltan I was discussing this topic in here before, but just wanted to get your take on it as a fellow musician. I was in and out of bands for about 10 years and the lifestyle that goes with playing rock can eventually take it's toll on someone. Do you, yourself, or did you in the past subscribe to rock n' roll excesses and vices in life? Do you believe it's a necessary lifestyle for every musician or can you just play the music and limit yourself to coffee and water? I am planning on going teetotall asap as well as moving away from rock and further into jazz as I feel like you completely have to abandon that style of music in order to escape the lifestyle that accompanies it. How do you feel about it? Do you feel a balance can ever be struck between the two things?

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

TheBrandedSwordsman wrote:

Do you, yourself, or did you in the past subscribe to rock n' roll excesses and vices in life? Do you believe it's a necessary lifestyle for every musician or can you just play the music and limit yourself to coffee and water?

Hell no. That's all fine and good if you're in your 20s, in a punk band, playing the local bars. I know some musicians who are like that but honestly you're going nowhere if you try to keep that up. Not just because you're not going to deliver performances as good as you should, but also you're going to be nuisance to work with (for promoters, sound engineers etc) and word travels fast.
I had to "fire" people from a band because of it before.

I'm not a strict "no alcohol before a gig" kinda guy but you gotta now your limits and the art always comes first for me. Most actual pros I know only drink after work.

Voltan

nomither6

reading the previous comment got me thinking - does anyone play video games inebriated & do they play better ? single player or multiplayer , doesn't matter ; i know when i take a few hits of weed to reach my limit , i play better at times than i could otherwise. its great but sometimes it sucks because i'd have to depend on it sometimes to play better. and weed ain't cheap >_> its like another car-gas bill .

nomither6

colonelkilgore

@nomither6 I used to spend a lot of time with Mary-Jane and would game while doing so... though not to the extent that I do now. I actually think I game more now to fill the vacuum left by MJ.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

Jimmer-jammer

The discussion here recently about controller holding got me thinking about other gaming habits. Something I’ve noticed about a practice of mine from watching friends play is that I’m quite over concerned about closing menus with the close or back button. I don’t like to exit applications or menus with shortcuts or by pressing O. Must be painful for my friends to see me operate electronics, but I feel like it maintains the health of the operating system. I’m probably a little nuts 🤪

Anyone else have a gaming habit or ritual that’s perhaps a little strange?

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

ApostateMage

Happy Star Wars day! Just fired up KoTOR on my Series S to celebrate. Looks much better than I remembered.

ApostateMage

Jimmer-jammer

@ApostateMage man, I’ve never played it but heard nothing but good things about it. My cousin had a wedding on this day a couple years ago. They were married by a Jedi, walked down the isle under an archway of lightsabers, Darth Vader showed up...also it was at the zoo. It was pretty wild but also vividly memorable.

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

ApostateMage

@Jimmer-jammer The happiest and most memorable day of any Star Wars fan's life. And they get a lifelong partner as a bonus!

ApostateMage

Rudy_Manchego

@Jimmer-jammer I wanted a Star Wars themed wedding for mine but wasn't allowed. I did manage to get the table setting fonts in Star Wars form and name the tables after Star Wars characters. My request that I paint my wife's grandmother green and stuck pointy ears on her was also rejected.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Jimmer-jammer

@Rudy_Manchego haha had a pretty good laugh from that! The Star Wars score works extremely well for a wedding too. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan (I know, I know) but even I was right into it.

Th3solution

M̶̫̭͇̟̈́̐a̷͙̙̰͙͕͟͟ẙ̴̥ t̶̂̀̍̎̍̀͝h̴̖̺̖̿̈̍͟ę̸̛̛̳̭̩̖̦͋̈̇̿̈͋͜ F̵̧͙̰̥̦̼̊͟o̶͂͊̕ͅư̴͇͈̖̮̭̼̹͌͟ȑ̵̩̖͕͎͔̿̈̌͊̚͝t̸͉͔̎͠h̷̗͒͐͘ B̶͎͈̱̺̝̥̳̂̿́͊̕e̴̢̺͙̹̞͍̦̿̌͋̏͘͟͡ W̷̤̗̞̝̳͖ǐ̴͇̪̣̘̮̪͓̓ͅt̷̢̫̮͒̾̽͆͐h̶̨̙̩̍͊̋ Ẏ̶̓̚̚͠o̴͇͚̍u̸͡!̷̢̇̀̈̍̎̈́

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

@Th3solution Is that from the force ghost of Satan or something?

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Just trying to give Disney some ideas for episode 10.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh I almost forgot, I love that in one of the comments the other day someone though you were being paidto comment, as you are always one of the first to comment! 🤣

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

Hi there, just wondering if anyone else is a fan of giantbomb.com? Listened to the podcast today and gutted about Vinnie, Brad and Alex leaving 😞 Both beast and bombcast have been constants for me over the last 12 months and will be hard to see so much change.

R1spam

Th3solution

@R1spam There was a time a few years ago that I listened to Giantbomb podcast, and I quite liked their personalities, but there was too much multiplayer content and since I don’t play on Nintendo or Xbox, I only really take the time to listen to PlayStation-centric podcasting. (I’m not disparaging the other consoles, just saying I have no time for them). But I did like the team otherwise. Too bad they appear to be breaking up.

————————

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer I want to comment on your prior post about the exiting of menus —
I got a chuckle there because my obsessive-compulsive wired brain does a momentary double-take whenever I’m in a menu such as the pause menu and there is the option of “press X to resume game” and also the ability to just exit the menu with pressing “O”. 😅
In my mind I think, “which choice is correct? The game is flat-out telling me to press X but my instinct and muscle memory wants to press O...” I thought my brain is broken, but thank you for helping me see at least I’m not the only one. 😂

Edit: as far as similar other gaming habits or rituals, I also never shut down a gameplay session without exiting the game all the way to the title screen and then telling the console to exit the game. I’m always paranoid about the, as you mentioned, integrity of the operating system, as well as whether just exiting the game from the OS would in some way mess with my game save. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic