Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,421 to 5,440 of 10,078

Octane

The only positive thing about climate change is that the ocean between me and the USA is getting bigger every day

Octane

nessisonett

@Ralizah The BBC correspondents who’ve been reporting from Washington for over 20 years are officially calling the US a failed state. This is insane.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett People are being shot and probably killed in the capitol.

There is no law in this country if Trump and all complicit Republicans aren't arrested after this.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t think even during the Civil War that the Capitol Building had been stormed by essentially a militia force. It’s eerily similar to videos you see from third-world countries.

andreoni79

Watching the live news it seems this kind of golpe is organized by 40 years old, semi-bald and slightly overweight men... The stereotypical american crazy shooter.
It won't end well anyway.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

kyleforrester87

Hard to tell who’s in authority and who’s in cosplay though. Everyone’s wearing flack jackets and carrying carbines?! (Or am I seeing different states?! They don’t do the open carry thing in D.C I assume?)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Considering there are videos showing police officers taking selfies with the rioters inside the Capitol building, I’m not sure there really is much of a difference between those in authority and the Wayne Rooney lookalikes with assault rifles!

nessisonett

@Blooper987 I don’t want to share his tweet here but Trump literally just put out a video saying that the election was stolen and the terrorists are good people who’re hurting. I’m with Kyle on this one.

Blooper987

@nessisonett that’s fine. I’m just saying at least he wasn’t telling them to keep it up and fight back.

Octane

@Blooper987 I dunno, by reiterating that the ''election was rigged'', you're only going to rile up more people. The whole message was pretty much ''you're doing a good thing, but please maybe don't''.

Octane

Blooper987

@Octane I thought of it more as “what you are fighting for is right, but you are doing it in the wrong way”. Whatever he meant, we really shouldn’t put words into his mouth. Normally just leads towards more confusion.

Whatever happens I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come politically this year but: 1. I don’t see Trump backing down on the rigged election thing which will divide the Republican Party into two and will most likely result in more riots 2. I don’t think the Biden administration will try and bring the country together. 3. The republicans will probably try and try to impeach Biden just like the dems did to Trump.

I’m just gonna sit back, hope we can reach a peaceful middle ground, and play video games and watch anime all day.✌️

Blooper987

Also, I’m gonna stop talking about this now cause I don’t wanna start any arguments😂.

So... what game was the first game y’all played this year? First thing I played was Rivals of Aether on Switch. Just wanted to get in a couple of matches before I went to bed.

TheIdleCritic

@Blooper987 I marathoned Final Fantasy XV and platinumed it. In a bit of a lull at the moment. Not much I want to play, so I'm playing through Maneater until Hitman 3 which I'll probably play for months and months.

mookysam

This is a terror attack incited and encouraged by the US president. His words mean nothing when he simultaneously calls the perpetrators "special people" and continues to peddle the outright lie that he won the election. If democracy and justice have any value, he needs to be arrested and charged. Absolute scum.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

TheIdleCritic

@mookysam Democracy is being pitchforked to death on the steps of Capitol Hill as we speak. America is no longer the land of the free. Trump ushered in a new era when he became president. The feeble and brainwashed are claiming what they think is their due. Perhaps Biden can fix things somewhat... but... May god help you all.

Ralizah

Trump was riling these freaks up for hours before it hit the fan. And he has pushed the "stolen election" lie ever since he lost. This uprising is 100% his fault.

The 25th Amendment needs to be invoked. Trump needs to be arrested. And far right MAGA fascists need to be treated like the national security threat they are.

@nessisonett Well, the logistics of the civil war were different, but for domestic unrest, this is fairly unprecedented.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic