Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,401 to 5,420 of 10,087

RogerRoger

@Arugula Yeesh. I know what you mean, it's tough to get the balance just right in such situations (plural; it's bad enough judging one, let alone three).

Fingers tightly crossed that today has been calmer for you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Blooper987

@WaveWitch I hate the joy-con with a passion. They feel like pieces of worthless plastic trash in my hands. The pro controller is pretty good though. Feels pretty durable and is incredibly comfortable!

As for the hybrid console element, I’m happy I can take it anywhere. Sure it may not look as impressive, but as someone who is playing in desktop or handheld mode 80% of the time, I don’t think I would play switch games anywhere near as much as I do currently. And now that I have a PS4 it only makes me feel that way more. I keep on wishing I could take Spider-Man and kingdom hearts with me everywhere I go😂

And yeah the switch stand is pretty cheaply made. Definitely doesn’t feel like it’ll protect my switch if something happens when it’s docked.

Anyways, I still like it, but it certainly isn’t perfect. I don’t think I’ve used joy-con in about a month. Always gotta use that smash pro controller. All I ask for from a switch pro is more durable joy-con, then it would be much better in my opinion.

crimsontadpoles

The hybrid console idea was clearly a great idea that has worked well for Nintendo. Personally though, I just use mine at home docked nearly all the time, so the hybrid element is wasted on me.

I mainly just have mine for the few big Switch exclusives. My library of games on there is much smaller than elsewhere, though most of those games tend to be excellent ones that I put a lot of time into.

Rudy_Manchego

Hey all - sorry, I've been pretty much off here for some time (I've dropped in occasionally but not really contributed much). Afraid 2020 got too much - crazy busy at work, long hours, then kids being poorly (nothing serious), plus Christmas and general world gone mad-itus. I got a PS5 at launch, and only managed to play one playthrough of Miles Morales. I also got a Series S for Christmas (yes my credit card bill is concerning) and have only just logged on to install a couple of games.

Really struggled to get much gaming or enthusiasm. Just before Christmas, I did start Hollow knight (after 2 previous failed attempts to get into it) and I have really gotten into that so hoping that I manage to sustain that and get back into the swing of things!

Still, will try and get a bit more engaged again. No major drama! So Happy New Year and all that!!!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Hey man, glad you are doing ok all things considered. I'm sure you will get your gaming mojo back soon.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Rudy_Manchego Christmas has completely nobbled my Hollow Knight progress, you've reminded me to pick it back up.

Also, hello!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

DerMeister

@Rudy_Manchego Good to see you again, pal. 2020 was too much for me too. And I was gone for most of the year. It's a new year, so new hopes!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego Welcome back! Hope your kids are fully recovered, and that you're able to carve out some proper time for yourself (gaming or otherwise) soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Glad to hear you and your family are doing alright @Rudy_Manchego. Take your time and like everyone else hope you get your enthusiasm for gaming back soon!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks sir!

@kyleforrester87 Who are you again?

@Gremio108 Good use of the word nobbled! Yeah, I got back on it last night and managed to get past the Traitor Lord who was giving me trouble. I'm at the point I could probably end the game but I have a few areas to fully explore and more charms/nail upgrades to get.

@DerMeister Hey great to hear from you again! Thanks for the message. Hope all is well with you and yours!

@RogerRoger Love the new (or probably a few weeks old) gif on your profile pic. I have started watching Clone Wars with my daughter on Disney + and thought of you and your forum name with the droids!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks Foxy-G for the message. Are you having to work during this new lockdown? My wife is in early years so is hving to work full time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Gremio108

@Rudy_Manchego I'm way behind you. I've not actually fought a boss for a while, but I'm just about to venture to the 'Something Lake' (memory fails me).

It's one of those games where you're flying when you're playing it, but when you stop and return to it, it can seem quite daunting to get back into

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego Well, you and your daughter clearly have excellent taste (either that, or cabin fever has really taken hold with a vengeance). Am honoured to have registered, thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@Gremio108 You are totally right. Before Christmas I got to a point where I got surprised by a boss and died but it was a long way to the bench so had to force myself to get back in then try and beat this boss over and over till I could explore (which is my favourite bit).

@RogerRoger Ha ha - well she loved The Mandalorian and I've never watched any of the Clone Wars or Rebels so some good bonding!

Octane

So my stupid arse clicked on a (fake) link from a fake Amazon email. I got redirected to a new tab and nothing seemed to have happened, though it may have been very quick. Disconnected my PC immediately, deleted cookies, did a virus scan (nothing showed up).

Anything else you guys recommend doing? Or what I should be looking for?

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane As long as you haven’t downloaded anything, you should be fine. Since you’ve done a virus scan and nothing’s popped up, none of the usual suspects that can be installed through phishing emails seem to have affected you. Do you have a firewall?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett Nothing shows up in my downloads file, or in the downloads tab on Chrome. Admittedly, I don't know how advanced these phishing emails are these days. It might've slipped through for all I know!

Octane

Ralizah

So... thousands of Trump supporters have flooded capitol hill and senators are being given gas masks and are in hiding as shots are fired into government buildings.

The United States is officially a failed state.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic