Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 10,089

Areus

What is Everyone's Favorite Era in the Elder Scrolls and If You Could Pick An Era to set a Game which one would you pick?

Edited on by Areus

Areus

Tasuki

I actually had someone claim that my cat was there's one time. 😮.

I guess their cat escaped (which I will admit looked alot like mine) so they were going door to door looking for it. My cat likes to sit in my front room window so when they walked up to the door they saw him. My cat is extremely friendly and will walk up to anyone for pets and rubs which didn't help my case and which I tried to explain to the neighbor but they swore up and down it was their cat. It finally took me showing them some pictures to finally figure out it was my cat. I to this day don't know if they found their cat but I did feel sorry for them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Can we rename this thread 'The Crazy Cat Story Thread'? 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

My crazy cat story is pretty horrendous. When I was six we moved house in the dead of winter when it was very cold and icy. A box fell on my dads leg and broke it so he had to go to hospital and my mum and gran had to try and unpack. In the chaos, our cat escaped and was sadly hit by a car and killed. My gran didn’t want me to be upset so tried to bury it. However the ground was very hard and it was dark. My dad gets back from hospital at like 7 in the morning, opens the curtain and out on the lawn is a small mound of dirt with four little paws sticking out. So he had to go out and chisel the frozen cat and rebury it before I saw.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Gremio108

Yeah my cat story isn't much better to be honest. My friend once got a knock at the door, it was his neighbour. They said "I'm afraid your cat has got into our rabbit hutch."

He was mortified of course, and apologised profusely for the loss of their rabbit. They replied "Oh no, the rabbit's fine" and handed him his cat in a carrier bag. The rabbit had kicked it to death.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah had some horror pet stories in the past. Not sure I feel totally comfortable writing or reading about them though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@kyleforrester87 It was pretty insane. We'd actually given up hope of seeing him again and didn't think he would ever come back. It goes to show that even after a long time a cat can still come home. We moved about six months later so it was lucky that he came back when he did.

Old people really need to stop feeding cats that obviously belong to someone else. If a cat's a stray and uncared for you can usually tell. One of my Mum's cats was a stray who kept getting in through the cat flap. He was extremely thin and quite feral. He wasn't microchipped either, but someone had obviously cared about him enough at one point because he'd been neutered. We think his owners may have moved and he got lost. Years of love have made him really sweet now.

My pet story involves the burying of a small animal. It isn't grim like some of these tales though. It involves my sister's budgie "Sweetie". She was so excited to get him. You see, she'd always (since June) wanted a budgie and had spent the summer pestering our mother to get her one. Mum finally relented, but sadly when we woke up the next morning the poor bird was dead on the floor of his cage. Our parents were still in bed but rather than wake them up my sister came to me. I decided to help her bury him at the foot of the garden.

Picture the scene; it's 7am on a chilly autumn Saturday morning, and like most British chilly autumn mornings it's raining, miserable and faint mists are swirling. There's even a hint of thunder. If we had some organ music playing, the scene would well and truly be set. Rain could not deter us, however, and so we put on our wellies and raincoats and ventured out.

I begin digging in earnest. The ground is a little hard, but I persevere. Some time passes and eventually we start to notice these strange objects sticking out of the earth. Thin ivory coloured objects. The more I dig the more concerned we become because there are more and more of them and they really start to look like bones. Being an imaginative 18 year old, the only explanation I can come up with is that someone must have buried their children there. It's a Victorian house, who knows what could have happened over the decades? A serial killer could have lived there! A serial killer physician who delivered babies and then sacrificed them to his lord and master. I form a whole backstory for this serial killer before it gets too much for us, I drop the shovel on the ground and we run back to the kitchen screaming.

It was only when we looked outside the window that we realised our mistake.
You see, at the foot of our garden were a couple of apple trees - and, like all apple trees they have roots to nourish and grow.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam We lost a cat to an old lady across the road who over fed our cat and she just stopped coming back. We knew it had happened and saw her all the time but the old lady refused to believe it was ours and she was alone and we didn’t want to call the police on her or anything. In the end she moved to a bungalow the other side of the village and we never saw our cat again.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

... What has this thread become?! 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Tasuki

So I actually had to take my cat into the vet yesterday. Turns out she hasn't been eating well and lost alot of weight which scared me. She's always been a small cat and really doesn't like to be touched much which is why I didn't discover it till a few days ago.

Well the vet was stumped from the examination as everything was ok, didn't have a fever, vitals all checked out, teeth etc.etc. They did some blood work on her so hopefully we will find out what's wrong with her in a few hours.

I am wondering if it's stress related since we moved which the vet said it could be.

My Backlog

Gremio108

@Tasuki One of my cats had a similar thing, and in the end we put that down to stress. Took her to the vet and she was fine, but the other cat goes through phases of picking on her. He'll just attack her at random, when he feels like it. This in turn can stress her out.

Changes in location/routine could be the cause of it. If that's the case, she should soon settle.

Tasuki

@Gremio108 That exactly what's happening now. My cat never got along with other cats except my other cat. Moving into my mom's place there's 3 other cats now and one will just randomly attack her which is why I feel it's stress.

My Backlog

andreoni79

I have two dogs and they are fine (sorry, no sad cats' stories available).

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Gremio108

@Tasuki It's quite possibly stress-related then. If so, at least it means she's not got anything serious as such, but it can't be pleasant for her.

There are a variety of anti-stress medicines and things you can get for cats, even reed diffusers. At least there are in the UK, not sure about over there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic