Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 3,155

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD That sucks man, try to use the 2 weeks to relax and escape all that as much as you can. Video games and Netflix are great for that!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

KratosMD wrote:

Also I know that I'm using all these terms like PES and SIA but those are the English names of the agencies here in Sweden. I actually have no idea if there are any corresponding ones in the UK to make it easier as a comparison.

Beyond "government department / agency", there's no comparison needed. It's the same all over!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Frigate

All I read was PES.

@KratosMD Best of luck, dude. The situation blows.

Edited on by Frigate

Frigate

Octane

First world problems.

I'm still using my vanilla launch model PS4. Seeing games like Death Stranding, TLOU 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 really makes me want to go out and buy a PS4 Pro. However, knowing that the PS5 is probably less than a year away when Death Stranding comes out, it feels like a waste of money. But at the same time, I don't want ignore the games until the PS5 is out.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I would probably wait for PS5 unless you are desperate to keep both consoles. Also, I would check the weather. If Death Stranding is coming out in winter, you can use the inevitable heat generated by the fan when the OG PS4 is running it to heat your house.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego That's a brilliant idea!

Yeah, I don't think I'd sell my OG PS4. I'm hoping for another 2TB LE edition. I missed out on the 500 million PS4, but if they do another one for 100 million consoles sold, I'm definitely getting it.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Oh yeah - that limited edition was rather lovely.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Octane I agree I would just wait for the PS5, I am in the same boat there. The only reason I would buy a Pro is if there is some crazy deal on it like one on Black Friday or something similar to that.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KALofKRYPTON

OG PS4 death is probably going to be the only thing that get's buying a PS5. And even then, a replacement base PS4 will likely be a far, far cheaper option. So I'm not adverse to that either.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@Tasuki Yeah, the thing is, I've got a 4K TV for about a year now. Games still look good, but I also like the idea that they can look even better right now, especially since everything I'm looking forward to are visual spectacles in their own way. If I can find a €250 Pro during Black Friday I may nab one I think.

Otherwise I'll have to play them all again on the PS5

Octane

Tasuki

@KALofKRYPTON Right that's another place I stand right now. Even if my OG PS4 dies, I would probably just buy a slim, or pro pefore a PS5. There are still plenty of PS4 games I want to play and yeah there's a few PS5 but they are probably going to be arriving a bit after the PS5 giving me the chance to complete more of my backlog.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I'm with the others I personally would wait until ps5 is here. Waiting to playing some of the games doesn't really bother me. I have a OG base PS4 too and I would only get a pro if mine breaks. I don't have a 4k tv though, but will be getting one eventually.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Anyone still using an OG PS4 and 1080 TV should be banned from the site, and maybe even the entire internet. But that’s just, like, my opinion.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 I have a PS4 Slim, so looks like I'm still kicking.

Edited on by DerMeister

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic