Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

a few more screenshots from the Picard Trailer

i think this might be the event that made Picard leave Starfleet
Untitled

is Cristobal Rios (Santiago Cabrera) smoking a cigar in this picture?
Untitled

whoever this was lloks like they meant a lot to Seven, i wonder who it is?
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo My friend asked whether Seven is crying over Chakotay. I know she isn't, but I kinda wish that she was, even in a brief flashback. I'm really pleased to see that she's got quite a substantial role in the show, though; after the first trailer, I thought she might've just been a cameo.

Need to remember that this show is about Jean-Luc Picard. Need to quiet my inner Voyager fanboy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i know a lot of people think it's a starfleet officer but i think it's an ex borg drone because they were all wearing red jumpsuits

anyway more screenshots this time for Discovery (regardless of peoples feelings it's still Star Trek)

first off Trills in Star Trek Discovery
Untitled

although i have no idea who is in the pool?
Untitled

it could be who ever this new character is
Untitled

also i spy a Cardassian and a Lurian
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Seven's dialogue in the trailer makes me think that she's a roaming mercenary, trying to liberate former drones who are being persecuted (or worse) after the downfall of the Collective. It certainly seems like the Romulans are hoping to take advantage of Borg technology, perhaps in an effort to rapidly regain power after the destruction of Romulus, so they might be rounding up innocent people to exploit and Seven's there to save them (along with Hugh, who has a track record with such behaviour). I wonder if we'll get a mention of Unimatrix Zero whilst they're at it?

I once wrote a fan fiction in which, following Janeway's defeat of the Collective, underworld gangs on Rigel X implanted themselves with discarded Borg technology (in much the same way today's teenagers try and emulate dangerous and irresponsible lifestyles) and created a mini-collective populated by "black market drones" so I'd totally be on-board with a similar plot direction.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i think she is operating outside of Starfleet in some capacity but then again she was never a member of Starfleet anyway

FullbringIchigo

BEST Star Trek theme

don't @ me

FullbringIchigo

HOLD THE PHONE!!! is that a Discovery style shuttle in the background?, why would Starfleet be using a shuttle from the early 23rd century in the late 24th?
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Starfleet wouldn't be, but visual effects artists rushing to complete trailer shots might.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah not to mention they had to have extensive reshoots and it was done a pretty small budget, it's logical to assume that they just grabbed a CG model they already had for something as small as a background shot to save money

KALofKRYPTON

So between that new Picard trailer, the awful new short Trek and more shots of the incurable STD; I'm more glad than ever that there was Star Trek before 2009.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Whilst I'd personally agree with your latter two points, are you not even a teensy bit hopeful for Picard...? I mean, I'm nervous, but I'm also only human; seeing Picard, Data, Seven, Hugh, Riker and Troi back in action gave me goosebumps.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I was pretty skeptical anyway. It was nice seeing Riker and Troi, Brent Spiner's hairpiece is awful and was too distracting to like seeing Data.

The trailer very much felt like it was directed at me, cynical fan service in a way, as I doubt that the actual show features much more of the characters mentioned other than Hugh and Seven.

Given that Chabon did the latest Short Trek, which is the first one I've given a chance in a while - I'm not letting myself get anything like hyped for Picard. Until I get to see it - it's Kurtzman Trek in a more familiar and sale-able guise.

Also, I really hate that the dog is called Number 1. As if Picard would be that flippant.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...yeah, okay. All valid. I can't really disagree with any of that.

I think I'm fully prepared for my opinion of the show to be pretty low overall, but the fan service is what'll drag it back above the "get the Blu-Rays" line (unlike Discovery... heck, I've got Netflix and yet I still haven't bothered to watch the second season).

My friend and I went nuts over seeing Seven dual-wielding in a firefight; it wasn't until later that I realised how bizarre and out-of-character it was for her. That's gonna be the tightrope, I think.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I think Seven was grafted on to an existing 'strong female' character once they realised that they could and should get other series alum's on board.

I've been having a bash at Star Trek: Encounters again, ended up youtubing for it and found something fairly recent that describing STD as something made by someone who's only experience of Star Trek was having played Encounters for a bit

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON hey you have a youtube page, whats it called?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Oh no - I mean to say I found someone else's video.

I do have a YouTube page - but haven't uploaded anything since... The quiz here!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i'm thinking of doing a new live stream of STO at some point, i did start one years but i wasn't able to keep it up then

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
There are like, a dozen videos that I've uploaded. Highest views are for a Remote Play test and the Wonder Woman music from Lego Batman 3!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON mine is the Bahamut summon from FFXV, it has about 1.6k views

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I thunk my two big ones were 10k each - feel free to get me a gold YT button ready

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic