Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 21/22 season.

Posts 341 to 360 of 459

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder It's great when a triple captain really works out. Although in this case despite getting probably my highest ever single player score almost everyone above me in both my leagues had done exactly the same so it gains nothing. I'll have hope I can get a good return with my bench boost when I use it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Apparently over a million players used the triple Captain on Salah last week! That's got to be a record.

I've got my team sorted for this evening and realising there are only several gameweeks left I've roughly planned out which weeks I'm going to use my remaining tokens, wildcard/free hit/bench boost. Anyone else still got a few to use?

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I have everything except the triple captain left. Bench boost will probably be the week that all the fixtures catch up from the covid postponements!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets What's that, 1/5 of the user base? Still an impressive number though.

Think I've only got my bench boost chip left to use. Used my free hit this week, seeing as Arsenal and Liverpool aren't playing this week, and that would be 5 players out from my squad.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I decided to use my free hit too. I was losing too many players to not!

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder There's 9 million players now so 1/9 but still pretty huge.

I only had 3 from Liverpool and Arsenal but didn't want to risk not having any subs so yep, we've done the same again. I've taken a bit of a gamble on Burnley with them playing twice, picking 3 players and making Weghorst captain.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I was tempted with Burnley players but honestly, they’re not exactly brilliant and I could see a lot of their players ending with 4 points at most.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Ha great minds and all that cos I've done the same lol. 😆 Pope as keeper and Mee in defence.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I was a bit wary at first, but Weghorst got 12 points last week I think and they got two clean sheets.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Okay thanks freaky now, exact same 3 players. 😂

@nessisonett I figured 2 chances to get something and did just beat Spurs with a clean sheet. Plus if I want to try and catch up with the leaders I got to try something different (or so I thought 😄).

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Ha! Yeah that is quite weird. Hopefully this strange voodoo thing happening will rub off onto the cup too!

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile Well so much for having a differentiator this week! 🤣

BearsEatBeets

@Fragile I got curious and just had a look and noticed you and also @LiamCroft had done exactly the same. We all share 6 or 7 players the same. Great minds think alike I suppose 😉

Really going to need the differentiators to score big.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Most captained this week: Salah. Who doesn't even have a game this week. 🤦‍♂️😅

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Really?!! I’m guessing a lot of people got caught out by the Friday night game and missed the deadline? All the better for us Weghorst crew.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets @Fragile I think that I heard on a podcast I listen to that there are a lot of people that don't even change their captain/team from the first few weeks of starting.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile Fernandes, Son and Kane also this week? 😆

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile Tbf Fernandes has hit a bit of form of late. And you couldn't ask for better teams to play against than Watford, Leeds or Norwich at the mo. Still, hope Fernandes grabs a couple but Man U still don't win.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile Is he still captain?

I said what I did before without knowing the latest score in the Spuds match. Things are looking dodge for Leeds!

nessisonett

Not Mings sitting with 8 points second on my bench! That’s pretty much a guaranteed loss of quite a few points there 😭

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic