Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,131

Ralizah

@nessisonett Electric eel colossus is primarily just a lot of positioning and waiting. Time it so that you crawl up and disable the spines on its back AFTER they're done discharging electricity.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I got that bit down, the problem was that the electricity’s area of effect is a lot larger than it looks on screen. Does a lot of damage too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@nessisonett I get what you mean, it's taken a while for me for the game to click. I'm starting to dig it a bit more and beat the 8th colossus this morning, which might have been my favourite colossus so far.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

R1spam

I've just beat the 10th colossus, safe to say I won't be popping the trophy for beating the game without dying. It was such a weird fight, like tremors (the kevin bacon classic movie) meets the camera from nameless King boss fight with a horse that's hard AF to control. Not going to lie, I'm nor sure I'm finishing this before elden ring comes out

NedStarksGhost

@R1spam just best the 10th Colossus this morning too. Picked it back up again for the first time in a week or so. The bosses that rely on your horse can be annoying. Controls weirdly and stops out of nowhere!

I do wish the controls had been updated with the game too, because the bosses themselves and the mechanics are really good. Clunky controls just let it down at times!

Edit; forgot to add, I found the 9th Colossus very easy, did anybody else?

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

R1spam

@NedStarksGhost I think its that the direction of the left stick doesn't change for your direction when the camera perspective changes, brutal! Yeah, I was lucky with that one too. Took more damage from falling than any poison cloud

NedStarksGhost

@R1spam yep, that doesn't help. I use the claw grip so that alleviates that aspect a fair bit for me.

I do enjoy the Colossus fights though, think it's a great mix of puzzle and action

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Just beat 11, did not enjoy that. Was quite frustrating getting the timing right.

NedStarksGhost

nessisonett

@NedStarksGhost @R1spam I’m on the 9th colossus and gave up for now. Just did not want to register the fact it was sitting on top of the geyser. Even when I shot an arrow into its foot, the bloody thing didn’t tip over. Annoying.

nessisonett

@NedStarksGhost I noticed one of the feet had a glowing green thing so I shot that. It did a bit of damage but the colossus didn’t tip over like I thought it would.

NedStarksGhost

@nessisonett I tried the front foot first and nothing happened. I then ended up trying the rear foot and it toppled over. Might be you need to shoot both for it to work or only the rear foot works?

NedStarksGhost

nessisonett

@NedStarksGhost Could well be that I need to hit both as I think I hit the front foot. I’ll give it a go before I play Horizon tonight!

Ralizah

@nessisonett If you hit the green spot on the feet that are on the ground once it gets hit by a geyser, it should tip over. I've never had an issue triggering that.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Just to double check, an arrow should do the trick? I hit it with an arrow and the colossus definitely made a pained noise but it just did not tip over at all.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yep. Shoot the green spots on its feet with arrows. Both feet. The exposed ones that are on the ground (NOT in the air) when it's destabilized by the geyser. This causes it to lose balance and flip over. That'll allow you to reach its underside and climb on.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Both feet is the problem, I had only shot one of them!

NedStarksGhost

@Ralizah @nessisonett that explains it then. I did the same, only shot one. Happened to be stood differently the second attempt and shot the other

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

So I beat Colossus 13 and 14 last night. I have to say I do love how varied fights are. Makes the game interesting. As I've progressed I feel I've gotten a better understanding of how to approach them so I'm solving it quicker.

NedStarksGhost

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic