Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,131

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It’s been a bit over a month but I wanted people to play the DLC as well since they’re included in the version most people have!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@ralphdibny I've just started playing ME1 as I bought ME:LE in the sale. It's great so far and has a good mix of action and exploration. There's a fair bit of dialog / reading but it's really good at building the universe. I've been playing it at a pretty slow rate so far due to not having much time in the evenings but I've managed to make some good progress in that time.

render

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I certainly appreciate the extra time on this one, Xmas was a bit hectic for me!

@render ahh brilliant. First time for you too? I wish I had more time in my evenings. And in my life for that matter!! 😂

@Keith_Zissou haha nice, yep I think 14 years might be enough time for it to be worth refreshing your memories and forging new ones. I hope the new journey will be as enjoyable as the original one for you!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

render

@ralphdibny Yeah first time I’ve played it. I’ve heard good things about it over the years but just never got around to it. The LE is a good enough reason to jump in though. Hope you get some time to play as well 😀

render

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz- @Keith_Zissou @LtSarge

Right, I reckon everyone seems to be done with Control now so probably best to move onto the next game!

Shadow of the Colossus was barely pipped at second place so that’s up next. Everyone that’s wanting to join in, just get downloading and we can start it this week!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

Well I was just contemplating what to play next on PS4 since I literally just finished Mass Effect Andromeda and I also finished Steins;Gate 0 the other day. Perfect timing, will be starting it up tomorrow!

LtSarge

Th3solution

One of my favorite games. Spectacular experience for those who haven’t played it yet.

I don’t think I’ll replay it but will follow this space closely for discussion

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

I already fully experienced SotC recently, but I'll definitely be joining in on conversation where it's relevant.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ralphdibny

I'll be sitting out too. Got a half finished PS3 save for the game that I never got back to. One day, one day! Cheers anyway

See ya!

R1spam

I've just set it off downloading, it's a game I've always wanted to play but strangely never got round to playing.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

I already fully experienced SotC recently, but I'll definitely be joining in on conversation where it's relevant.

Same!

Octane

NedStarksGhost

Hey guys, this will be the first one I join in with, always wanted to play this game and seems like now is the perfect time. Hope you've got room for one more?

I'm surprised I've never played SOTC, it's always seemed like something I would love.

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

LtSarge

Played for about an hour now and managed to defeat three colossi. Overall impression so far is that the game is really good. It's always so exciting and intense when you're climbing the colossi. But in all honesty, I haven't noticed any improvements in terms of the controls and mechanics. They still feel as wonky as in the original when you climb the colossi. For example, I tried jumping from a ledge on the third one and the protagonist just let go and fell (and yes, I still had stamina left). The reason for why I'm doing better this time around is probably because I've already played the game once on PS3, so it's not completely new for me.

One very positive addition I've noticed in this version though is a hint system. I don't remember if it was there in the original. But anyway, as I was fighting the third colossus, I couldn't remember how to climb him. Obviously when he slams down the pillar, you're supposed to jump on it but then you're not able to progress. So I decided to walk around on the ground and noticed that there was a circular platform in the middle. Then one of the gods started speaking to me and told me that I needed to wear down its armour. And then I remembered, I needed it to slam down the pillar on this platform for his armour to shatter and then I could climb it. I vividly remember getting stuck on this colossus in the original game, so I'm glad to see that they've at least added some hints for new players.

Some tips for others who are playing: 1) you aim and shoot the bow with R1. I'm fairly certain the game didn't tell me this, it only told me that you could switch between weapons by pressing either left or right on the d-pad. 2) I may have misinterpreted what the game told me, but when riding the horse, you don't need to spam press the triangle button to make him go faster. You just hold it (and push forward on the left stick as well I think).

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge Dormin gives you hints if the game thinks you're taking too long to figure out a solution in the original as well. Never liked that. In the PS4 remake, you can actually disable them in the settings menu, though.

The control mappings are actually slightly changed up on PS4, but the feel of the game is very much in line with the original. Took me some time to readjust to.

For Agro (the horse), yes, just hold the button when you're at the speed you want to be at, and she'll basically stay on cruise control. You don't need to push forward on the stick, although you will need to 'aim' her in the right direction.

@NedStarksGhost We'll be glad to hear your thoughts!

Edited on by Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Gotcha. Well it's nice at least that they made it optional in the PS4 version.

Out of curiosity, I remember the lizards were a collectible in this game. Do they give you anything in particular or are they just there for fun?

LtSarge

Ralizah

LtSarge wrote:

Gotcha. Well it's nice at least that they made it optional in the PS4 version.

Out of curiosity, I remember the lizards were a collectible in this game. Do they give you anything in particular or are they just there for fun?

Every time you collect a lizard's tail, it VERY SLIGHTLY increases your stamina. You get bigger boosts to your health stat by eating fruit from trees. Both stats increase slightly every time you defeat a colossus as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Oh, I had no idea about any of those things. Will definitely keep my eyes out for fruit as well. Thanks for the helpful info!

LtSarge

NedStarksGhost

@Ralizah so far I really love this game. Just beat the second Colossus. The art style, atmosphere and setting is great. It's fun bringing down giant creatures, makes for an interesting mix of climbing, puzzle solving and action.

Thanks for the warning about the hints too. I had one on the second Colossus and it annoyed me, as I already knew what to do was just trying to execute it. If I'm stuck I'd like to figure it out for myself But off to a great start.

Out of interest, how much does the PS4 version differ from the original? Is the gameplay the same but the graphics remastered?

Edit: just to add, beat the third Colossus (the hard way apparently as I got a gold trophy) and a couple of negatives I've noticed are; the camera can be awful at times as it seems to just get stuck easily. The other is jumping can be very hit and miss, especially when jumping away from a ledge/structure to behind you. However I'm thinking the second point is just my lack of skill!

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

LtSarge

Well that's six colossi down and I have to say, this game is such a great palate cleanser after having played two long games for several weeks. Really enjoying it so far even though there have been some frustrating moments, just like with the original game.

The game is just absolutely gorgeous and I've found myself leaving the horse and just walking around and taking in the view. I've also managed to find tons of fruit this way, five of them so far and they do indeed increase your health by quite a large amount.

The battles are just exhilarating and I think my favourite colossus so far is the fifth one. When it charges at you and you climb it, it just gives you such a rush!

That said, I think my biggest issue with the game besides it being wonky is that I hate how long it can sometimes take to climb back up a colossus when you've fallen off one. Some of the them just take way too long before they give you another opening.

@NedStarksGhost Jumping is absolutely an issue, no doubt. I was climbing one of the colossi, I decided to do a short skip over an obstacle on their back and my character literally flew to the moon. Not to mention when you sometimes jump and the character just decides that he wants to fall lol. Like he climbs up, and then he lets go.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

NedStarksGhost

@LtSarge glad to see it's not just me then!

Hey @nessisonett just want to check with you, as this is the first time I'm taking part, how game club works? I seen you started this thread originally so thought I'd check with you. Do we play up to a certain point each week and then wait until the next week so we all progress through the game together? It seemed that was the way you had it at the start of the thread when you played Bioshock

NedStarksGhost

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic