Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,131

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers! Makes sense, I'll have play around in some of the modes when I get time

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I found arcade easier to start with but then when you get destroyed on a level then you have to start all over again! I’ve got every SOR1 and 2 character now but I haven’t tried them out yet.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

No matter how far you are from a pit, their kicks always seem to throw you into the abyss @nessisonett! Aside from the rolling/fire breathing round enemies, generally anything with projectiles is quite irritating, such as the heavies with the pistols or the molotov cocktail ladies.

@ralphdibny Well done for getting through it. Ms. Y and her ridiculously long sword did my head in for a while, but the thing that messed up the level for me the first few goes were the guffawing gentlemen.

Anyhoo, that's the game wrapped up for me, I think, at least at my limited skill level! I've completed story mode as each of the five SOR4 characters, as well as Adam from SOR1, Skate from SOR2 and Shiva from SOR3. My favourite character overall is SOR4 Adam, as he's extremely fast and well balanced, with a great blitz attack. My least favourite was Axel, as he's slow and finicky, although that may partly be because I was complete crap when I first started the game. On the whole I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and liked that it was short enough to have a quick runthrough each day. Nice spread of levels and brilliant music that absolutely shines through headphones.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ralphdibny

@mookysam thanks 😀 and same to you! Looks like you made some good headway with the other characters too, nice one!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz- @Keith_Zissou

Apologies for taking so long to get round to this, somewhat underestimated the sheer work involved in my final year at uni.

The runners up last time were Bioshock 2, Rime and Sonic Mania. We’re starting Resident Evil 3 Halloween weekend so we’ve got about three weeks to get through one of these. With that in mind, vote for one of these three that you’re most likely to beat in three weeks. Vote closes Monday afternoon!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Well, I'm about to get underway with Sonic Colours Ultimate, so a compare-and-contrast with a classic 2D Sonic could be interesting, but I'd hate to prevent anybody from experiencing the beautiful and haunting RiME, either. I guess count me as a vote against BioShock, if that's possible...?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Rime.
Been meaning to play it for a while.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

Nowt for me, I'll sit the next couple out as I've still to finish resi 7, I'm going for that for Halloween. I enjoyed bioshock 2 when I played it though so if you end up playing that I'd be interested to see folks thoughts. I was surprised it was the black sheep of the family. I probably enjoyed it more than infinite.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

ralphdibny

I honestly don't think I'll have time to join in during the next 3 weeks due to work. So don't count my vote. Out of the selection, the only game of have any hope of beating in time is RiME at 5 hours on HLTB. Maybe use me as a tie breaker

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz- @Keith_Zissou

I guess it’s Rime then! Tried playing it when it first hit PS Plus but it didn’t really grab me. Hopefully it does this time!

Download when you’re ready and make sure to keep us up to date on this thread. Shouldn’t be too long and we’ll start Resi 3 on the 30th.

Col_McCafferty

Thanks for the tag. I too gave up RiME and decided it wasn't for me. I had recently finished my Playdead double bill of Limbo & INSIDE so was looking for an indie game in a similar vein. RiME wasn't it.

I played Resi 3 remake during the summer and really enjoyed it. Only issue I had is that it's too short!

Col_McCafferty

RogerRoger

Having platinumed the game a while back, I'll chime in with some memories rather than reinstalling and replaying the whole thing. Will be fascinated to see what folks make of its finale.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

For anyone thinking of playing, it's down to £14.99 in the current sale, £7.49 with PS+ added discount.

Thrillho

render

I bought a physical copy of RiME when it first came out and remember feeling a little disappointed by it at the time so I sold it. It wasn't long after that it was a PS+ game so I added it anyway just in case I ever felt like playing it again. If you still subscribe then it might be worth checking to see if you already own it.

render

Gremio108

What an excellent game, good choice folks. Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

Running a little behind, but I’ve downloaded the game and will put some time into it this weekend. It looks to be a great mix-in game between sessions with larger games.

The visual style has that indie look and the comparison with Ico has me excited to experience this.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

I started the game and have about an hour invested. I am liking it so far. It’s a great palate cleaner and a nice one to chill out with. Feels very familiar, yet different. Has that Ico vibe with a coat of indie graphical presentation paint. It even has the slight jankiness of movement and jumping that the Team Ico games tend to have which is all part of their “charm.” 😄
Its not blown me away yet but I still don’t quite know what’s going on in the game, story wise. I’m just running around exploring and finding collectibles, which is fine by me.

Edited on by Th3solution

BowTiesAreCool

@Th3solution this might be a daft question but are there any jump scares or anything like that? Seems a little too peaceful a game, I almost don't trust it!

BowTiesAreCool

Th3solution

@BowTiesAreCool So far I haven’t had any jump-scares 😅 but I’m early. From what people have said, I’m expecting a narrative bombshell at some point though. I doubt it will turn into a dark thriller, but we’ll see!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic