Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club: Streets of Rage 4

Posts 1,581 to 1,591 of 1,591

nessisonett

@mookysam The round bois are absolutely horrible, I hate them almost as much as the women who do a flying kick that seems to go through everything and always make you land in a pit. I’m playing as Blaze now and she feels like a bit of a step down from Cherry due to being slow again. The extra weapon attacks are interesting though.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

ralphdibny

I am struggling with level 12 on story mode. Any tips?? Currently playing as Blaze with no assists on medium difficulty (don't want to change any of this). I can just about get through the gates with both lives intact now. Then I always lose a life and gain a life in the next section. By the time I fight all the big lads in the final section I have no lives left. Still haven't even seen the final boss 😭

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I’ve been playing Blaze on hard and my general tactic is to combo up until just before she kicks them away and instantly blitz attack. Blaze can also use her blitz attack to hit enemies lying on the ground. That section you’re talking about is proper hard but you basically just have to take advantage of the many weapons lying around and focus on taking no damage, rather than getting a large combo or completing it quickly.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett holy moly, that really helped actually!!! The combo + rush attack got all me all the way to the final boss until miss Y jumped in her robot. I think I'll give it another go or 2 with no assists then I think I'm going to cave. I've spent a bit too long on this game and I want to tick it off! Cheers!

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny The final section is just brutal to be honest. Both bosses at the end do a load of damage and there’s barely any healing nearby. Kudos for getting that far and hopefully you beat it soon!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I beat it just as I saw the e mail notification for your comment! 😅 I can't believe I'm such a n00b at this game where other people have already beat it many times over. At least it wasn't as frustrating as streets of rage 3 though!

I managed to do it with no assists as well woop! I took your second piece of advice of taking it slow for the boss. I also found some other tips online, like taking out Mr Y first so he's the one who jumps in the robot. Then standing at the top left where the robot can't hit you and just taking out Mrs Y from there.

So glad to beat it finally. I think I will give it a few more goes, maybe once with the arcade stick and once with the Bluetooth Saturn pad. The switch pro controller d pad is a bit hard on the thumb. Not sure if I'll do that soon or at a later date though.

Is there any point in doing story mode multiple times if the arcade mode is easier? Is it basically the same except you hoard stuff between levels, does arcade mode still have cutscenes?

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Congrats! Arcade Mode I think might remove the cutscenes but if they are in then I just skip them because I don’t remember. I’ve been using story mode because if you get a game over then you can just go back to the last level.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers! Makes sense, I'll have play around in some of the modes when I get time

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I found arcade easier to start with but then when you get destroyed on a level then you have to start all over again! I’ve got every SOR1 and 2 character now but I haven’t tried them out yet.

mookysam

No matter how far you are from a pit, their kicks always seem to throw you into the abyss @nessisonett! Aside from the rolling/fire breathing round enemies, generally anything with projectiles is quite irritating, such as the heavies with the pistols or the molotov cocktail ladies.

@ralphdibny Well done for getting through it. Ms. Y and her ridiculously long sword did my head in for a while, but the thing that messed up the level for me the first few goes were the guffawing gentlemen.

Anyhoo, that's the game wrapped up for me, I think, at least at my limited skill level! I've completed story mode as each of the five SOR4 characters, as well as Adam from SOR1, Skate from SOR2 and Shiva from SOR3. My favourite character overall is SOR4 Adam, as he's extremely fast and well balanced, with a great blitz attack. My least favourite was Axel, as he's slow and finicky, although that may partly be because I was complete crap when I first started the game. On the whole I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and liked that it was short enough to have a quick runthrough each day. Nice spread of levels and brilliant music that absolutely shines through headphones.

#BlackLivesMatter

ralphdibny

@mookysam thanks 😀 and same to you! Looks like you made some good headway with the other characters too, nice one!

ralphdibny

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic