Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 2,131

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder I enjoyed it though, it's more of the same but in a good way! Bet you it looks great in 60 fps. My save carried over so you should be fine

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Awww nuts!

@R1spam Ah cool, that's good to know. Cheers!

Oh and I just sent you a friend request on PSN..

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder good stuff mate just accepted. The dlc was trickier than the main game (added to the fact I had forgotten all the controls) so maybe worth getting up to speed with the base game for 10-15 before jumping into the dlc if its been a while since you played

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam Good shout, I've not played it since I completed the story when it came out.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

I'm just on level 9 at the moment. I think I'm going to call it a night as I'm quite tired and my skills are lacking. I can't believe this is going to take me at least 3 sittings to beat when Ness beat it in a single sitting!

I think level 5 (I think) was the hardest level so far, the one where you fight the dude in the motorcycle yard at the end. Level 9 with the elevator seems quite tough too. It's hard to know when you've been playing for a while whether the game is getting harder or you are getting worse from fatigue.

But yeah, still loving it. Not sure I'll love playing it multiple times with different characters. I'm keen to experience the replay value but I'm never usually a fan of playing the same game over and over again in quick succession.

I've seen the third retro level with the wrestler (my second retro level) and I missed the fourth because the taser was on the previous screen to the arcade cabinet.

Still loving Blaze, still loving the music. Erm not sure what else to say really! Just wanted to give a quick update in the spirit of Game Club!

Actually, I think the boss fights in levels 6, 7 and 8 were quite easy in comparison to the motorcycle man and his gang. Shiva was particularly easy which I was surprised about. Also not sure what, why or how his relationship changed with the SoR gang since SoR 3 (I think it was 3, could be 2) because they seemed quite pally in this game.

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Level 9 is an absolute killer! The elevator just destroyed me since I kept getting whacked out the window. It took me a while for sure. Story mode is honestly harder than arcade mode in some respects since you will only have two extra lives at the start, instead of being able to hoard them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett oh really! Hopefully I will have more of my wits about me tomorrow and try and get through it then!

See ya!

mookysam

nessisonett wrote:

Hooray, you got there in the end! I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said there, especially the tiny UI and the game actually being better without headphones. VEGA speaking out the controller never got old, the audio quality is so much better than the Dualshock 4.

Normally I turn off controller sounds because the tinny, crappy sound is usually offputting, but the DualSense is a pretty big upgrade in that department. It made the game more immersive, for sure and when VEGA started speaking I actually jumped because I wasn't expecting it! Through headphones it was just too much sound all at once.

@ralphdibny I got really into the combat after struggling for the first few chapters, but man some of the later encounters went on a bit. There were a few with totems where it took me ages to find them! I was away for most of August, so that was why it took me so long, but got heavily into it last week and played it all day several days in a row. I haven't had a chance to start Streets of Rage 4 yet, but should (hopefully) catch up! 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

R1spam

I've been completely sucked into red dead online, psychonauts 2 and hades but have managed to make a start! I've got some history with the series, streets of rage was the first game I ever completed! I didnt own it, I rented it from blockbuster and completed it with a mate when he came over for a sleep over when I was like 9 or 10 in almost one sitting. Then I remember getting streets of rage 2 and being so hyped for it coming out! At the time, the graphics really felt a step up from a lot of what had come before along with a step up of gameplay. I never played 3 and with 4 on gamepass, I couldn't resist a bit of nostalgia! I've only played a couple of stages so far but it really is true to what I remember. I like the art style and music, I think they have nailed the feel of this is how you remember it looking but it looks so much better than those older games (as evidenced by the one retro boss I've beaten). I don't remember these games being tricky but either this one is harder or my skills ain't what they used to be! I've found it a bit tricky at first but started to get the hang of it now. I like the special moves and getting some combos together. I'm not sure I'll finish the game but I think I'll still try a couple more stages. I should say I tried the touch controls on android for xcloud and it was pretty horrific!!

nessisonett

@R1spam At least you’ve given it a go anyway! The game can get pretty difficult but it gets easier when you start to get a handle on your combos. Double tapping forward and punching does a move that’s great for ending combos for example. I’ve almost finished my second playthrough now and honestly, Cherry is a million times better than Axel. I’ve only found one area harder than previously and that’s just due to the boss being a bit of a tank.

themcnoisy

Woah Streets of Rage 4. What a game. It is harder than 1+2 but once you get the hang of combos you can ratchet up the DPS. I finished it with most of the characters.

Big issue I have had is S ranking levels at a high difficulty. I think a patch has made the combos last a bit longer as it was heartbreaking getting a B after running the level of your life. Play it with a friend and it's even better.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

Finished the game now with Cherry as well. Kinda crushed it tbh, got much better ranks this time round because her extra speed helps you rack up way more combos!

mookysam

Finished the game with Axel, Blaze and Cherry, and am currently playing through as Floyd. I found it quite tricky as Axel, but am getting progressively better. Cherry was a little fragile, but makes up for it with speed. I really like Floyd's grab attack, where he grabs an enemy with each arm and whacks them together. Beat 'em ups aren't really my forte, but I love how retro it feels - particularly with the music - so I'm surprised that I'm quite enjoying the game. Some of the enemies are really annoying, though, especially the rotund fellows with the hideous laugh.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam The round bois are absolutely horrible, I hate them almost as much as the women who do a flying kick that seems to go through everything and always make you land in a pit. I’m playing as Blaze now and she feels like a bit of a step down from Cherry due to being slow again. The extra weapon attacks are interesting though.

ralphdibny

I am struggling with level 12 on story mode. Any tips?? Currently playing as Blaze with no assists on medium difficulty (don't want to change any of this). I can just about get through the gates with both lives intact now. Then I always lose a life and gain a life in the next section. By the time I fight all the big lads in the final section I have no lives left. Still haven't even seen the final boss 😭

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I’ve been playing Blaze on hard and my general tactic is to combo up until just before she kicks them away and instantly blitz attack. Blaze can also use her blitz attack to hit enemies lying on the ground. That section you’re talking about is proper hard but you basically just have to take advantage of the many weapons lying around and focus on taking no damage, rather than getting a large combo or completing it quickly.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett holy moly, that really helped actually!!! The combo + rush attack got all me all the way to the final boss until miss Y jumped in her robot. I think I'll give it another go or 2 with no assists then I think I'm going to cave. I've spent a bit too long on this game and I want to tick it off! Cheers!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny The final section is just brutal to be honest. Both bosses at the end do a load of damage and there’s barely any healing nearby. Kudos for getting that far and hopefully you beat it soon!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I beat it just as I saw the e mail notification for your comment! 😅 I can't believe I'm such a n00b at this game where other people have already beat it many times over. At least it wasn't as frustrating as streets of rage 3 though!

I managed to do it with no assists as well woop! I took your second piece of advice of taking it slow for the boss. I also found some other tips online, like taking out Mr Y first so he's the one who jumps in the robot. Then standing at the top left where the robot can't hit you and just taking out Mrs Y from there.

So glad to beat it finally. I think I will give it a few more goes, maybe once with the arcade stick and once with the Bluetooth Saturn pad. The switch pro controller d pad is a bit hard on the thumb. Not sure if I'll do that soon or at a later date though.

Is there any point in doing story mode multiple times if the arcade mode is easier? Is it basically the same except you hoard stuff between levels, does arcade mode still have cutscenes?

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Congrats! Arcade Mode I think might remove the cutscenes but if they are in then I just skip them because I don’t remember. I’ve been using story mode because if you get a game over then you can just go back to the last level.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic